Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Player Bundle now 50mb?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Player Bundle now 50mb?

Old 30-12-2017, 18:59   #1
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Player Bundle now 50mb?

Just noticed the player bundle has gone back down to 50mb, also full house is only 100mb

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles.html

I thought Virgin were making a point that all bundles were 100mb minimum apart from solo BB
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-12-2017, 20:37   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Player Bundle now 50mb?

me too, I thought 50 went to 70 which went to 100 and the tiers are now 100, 200, 350.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 20:56   #3
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Is this the first time the V6 has been available with bb speeds under 100mb too?
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 16:48   #4
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
me too, I thought 50 went to 70 which went to 100 and the tiers are now 100, 200, 350.

Well that's not true, since I'm on 150

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 16:56   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Existing customers got upgraded from 100 to 150 a while ago but the 150 tier has never been an option for a new customer.
Old 01-01-2018, 17:23   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
I lose track of what people are on now. The last time I was on 150 I got upgraded to 200 because they wanted to make everyone 100, 200, 300. I didn't realise they had done another round of upgrades.
Old 01-01-2018, 17:51   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I lose track of what people are on now. The last time I was on 150 I got upgraded to 200 because they wanted to make everyone 100, 200, 300. I didn't realise they had done another round of upgrades.
I think you mean 152 tier(the highest tier at the time i believe?) then upgraded for free to 200 as the 150 tier has never existed other than for a free upgrade from 100 to 150?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 01-01-2018 at 17:55.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 18:14   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

Ya
Old 04-01-2018, 15:00   #9
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

IDK, I just know I've never changed my BB tier since I upgraded from 1.5mbps to 3mbps in the old TW days

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 19:36   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

that's a blast from the past. The only time I have ever requested an upgrade was August for 350mbits, before that all mine have been automatic. In 2001 I started on 500kbits (only tier that was available) and then got free upgrades to 1mbit, 1.5, 3, 10, 20, 50, 100, 120, 152, 200 and now 350.

That is the history of the evolution of BB in a nutshell for you. Other tiers have come and gone but they were the maximum tiers available at that moment in time.
Old 04-01-2018, 19:42   #11
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
IDK, I just know I've never changed my BB tier since I upgraded from 1.5mbps to 3mbps in the old TW days

My first BB speed was 120 Kb/s and at the time I though that was fast!

Now I am on 100 Mb/s
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 19:48   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

it would have be 128kbits. When they made 1mbit available they introduced the first 3 tier system and had 128kbits, 500kbits and 1mbit. They ended up getting in trouble with ofcom I think because 128kbits was classed as idsn and not bb speed so they increased it to 150kbits to bring them over the threshold.
Old 04-01-2018, 21:06   #13
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

My first was 600mbit from Cambridge cable and when NTL took it over the speeds stayed the same, i think all my others have been a free upgrade and now on 150mbit.
Old 04-01-2018, 21:14   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
i think all my others have been a free upgrade and now on 150mbit.
I would class that as a "downgrade" dude
Old 04-01-2018, 21:18   #15
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
My first was 600mbit from Cambridge cable and when NTL took it over the speeds stayed the same, i think all my others have been a free upgrade and now on 150mbit.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote