Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 21:46   #2986
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I wonder if all those who despise Trump for being a womaniser, having dubious morals etc think of JFK in the same way. Just imagine what would have come out regarding all his shenanigans had the internet been around during his tenure...
Hard to tell what people would think in retrospect especially when comparing different periods of time.

The issue isn't so much the womanising though that might be a moral failing but who really cares? The issue would be if it was harassment or worse. The tape was someone boasting of something which would easily classify as harassment. Clinton had examples if abusing power and harassment. Al Franklin was harassment too.

People on either side struggle to condemn their own as they would others. It's an understandable defensive impulse to assume your friends and allies are innocent and under partisan attack, especially when partisanship is a daily part of life, but at some point you need to take a step back and ask if you're holding yourself to the same standard as you hold others.

I am not sure JFK is useful here when there are far more modern comparisons that can be made. The Democrats today have had senators and former Presidents accused of these crimes.
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2018, 21:48   #2987
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post

Yes because violence is always the answer, when things don't go peoples way. How super intelligent.
You'd never hear Donald Trump inciting violence would you, because as you say violence is never the answer. Oh wait...

Cheers

Dave
Old 07-01-2018, 21:53   #2988
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
What!!!

Ok - I am pointing out that i despise the man

Or if you prefer - I am letting you know that I despise the man

Or is this better - Mick I'm just telling you, I despise the man
I am really not sure how many times you have to feel the need to tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
You'd never hear Donald Trump inciting violence would you, because as you say violence is never the answer. Oh wait...

Cheers

Dave
Totally different scenario. Arthur is going on about someone going up to punch Trump, because he's Trump and the President and in the White House.

Violence against violent protesters throwing food and missiles, I have no issues with.

Next ?
Old 07-01-2018, 21:56   #2989
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I am really not sure how many times you have to feel the need to tell me.

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

Totally different scenario. Arthur is talking about going on about someone going up to punch Trump, because he's Trump and the President and in the White House.

Violence against violent protesters throwing food and missiles, I have no issues with.

Next ?
So violence IS sometimes the answer . Make your mind up Mick.

Cheers

Dave
Old 07-01-2018, 22:01   #2990
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
So violence IS sometimes the answer

Cheers

Dave
You need to put your glasses on and re-read my post, I said violence is not the answer when things don't go peoples way and wanting to punch someone simply because of who they are, is pathetic.

I have no issues with protesting, but throwing food/rocks/projectiles at a campaign rally, is not a legitimate and peaceful protest.

Next ?

Cheers

Mick.
Old 07-01-2018, 22:03   #2991
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
You need to put your glasses on and re-read my post, I said violence is not the answer when things don't go peoples way and wanting to punch someone simply because of who they are, is pathetic.

I have no issues with protesting, but throwing food/rocks/projectiles at a campaign rally, is not a legitimate and peaceful protest.

Next ?

Cheers

Mick.
Rocks and projectiles aren’t mentioned in that clip, only tomatoes?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 07-01-2018, 22:08   #2992
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Seriously ?

A Tomato is a projectile Hugh.

Any object that gets thrown in to the air, by force, becomes a projectile.

I have done the google searching for you for free this time... here you go...

Quote:
A projectile is any object thrown into space (empty or not) by the exertion of a force.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projectile
Old 07-01-2018, 22:09   #2993
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Next ?

Cheers

Mick.
But things (well the tomatoes) were going his way, or he was scared they were .

Cheers

Dave
Old 07-01-2018, 22:11   #2994
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Isn't a projectile somethig which is thrown as well as a form of missile?
Old 07-01-2018, 22:21   #2995
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

# You say tomato , i say projectile...#

I'll get my coat....
Old 07-01-2018, 22:21   #2996
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Hard to tell what people would think in retrospect especially when comparing different periods of time.

The issue isn't so much the womanising though that might be a moral failing but who really cares? The issue would be if it was harassment or worse. The tape was someone boasting of something which would easily classify as harassment. Clinton had examples if abusing power and harassment. Al Franklin was harassment too.

People on either side struggle to condemn their own as they would others. It's an understandable defensive impulse to assume your friends and allies are innocent and under partisan attack, especially when partisanship is a daily part of life, but at some point you need to take a step back and ask if you're holding yourself to the same standard as you hold others.

I am not sure JFK is useful here when there are far more modern comparisons that can be made. The Democrats today have had senators and former Presidents accused of these crimes.
I'm not sure many more modern presidents have got up to quite the amount of immoral stuff JFK did and still been remembered quite so fondly but there we are. I think there's a degree of double standards in play here and that was my point.
Old 07-01-2018, 22:40   #2997
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Seriously ?

A Tomato is a projectile Hugh.

Any object that gets thrown in to the air, by force, becomes a projectile.

I have done the google searching for you for free this time... here you go...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projectile
You were the one who posted the words
Quote:
throwing food/rocks/projectiles
Let’s narrow it down, then - where are the rocks you mentioned?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 07-01-2018 at 22:43.
Old 07-01-2018, 22:46   #2998
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
You were the one who posted the words

Let’s narrow it down, then - where are the rocks you mentioned?
I was generalizing Hugh. Food/Rocks/Projectiles. Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things ?

Throwing any of them at people or someone is not a peaceful and legitimate way of protesting.

Seriously. I am not playing this 'clutching at straws' game.
Old 07-01-2018, 23:13   #2999
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I think we can all accept that the throwing of rocks was false and that tomatoes are projectiles and can now move on.

Now, moving on it's interesting to see Bannon grovelling for the comments he made to Michael Woolff which were published in his number one best-selling book. Two key things here:
- The damning quotes attributed to Bannon are indeed correct and vindicate Woolf's statement that he has recordings of the interviews. It gives the book more credibility.
- According to the linked article, Bannon sees apologising as a weakness so he is clearly rattled by Trump's reaction to the book.
https://www.axios.com/scoop-bannon-s...e5ee2b493.html
Old 07-01-2018, 23:36   #3000
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think we can all accept that the throwing of rocks was false and that tomatoes are projectiles and can now move on.

Now, moving on it's interesting to see Bannon grovelling for the comments he made to Michael Woolff which were published in his number one best-selling book. Two key things here:
- The damning quotes attributed to Bannon are indeed correct and vindicate Woolf's statement that he has recordings of the interviews. It gives the book more credibility.
- According to the linked article, Bannon sees apologising as a weakness so he is clearly rattled by Trump's reaction to the book.
https://www.axios.com/scoop-bannon-s...e5ee2b493.html
I am beginning to wonder if he does actually have any recordings. They would have leaked by now... If the crooks at New York Times can leak sensitive photos shared via the intelligence community, they can leak an audio file from a backstreet journalist.
Closed Thread