Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 06-08-2013, 13:36   #3031
young_timbo
Permanently Banned

young_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friends
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

you don't have to take every line i say literally though. i still wasn't wrong, because i said it rarely ever deviates from the set formula. i had to struggle to come up with 2 as an example for the benefit of the forum, but my crux is still correct because i said it rarely if ever deviates from the set forumula. and that Spurs would not kick off at 12.45 on the saturday if they play in the Europa on thursday. i was involved in my own FA Cup semi final that weekend which i won 1 day before, and was then drunk for 3 days. so i can't really be blamed, it was a special situation. being 1 day out on 1 match, actually BENEFITS the point i was making, instead of detracting from it. you know it. i know it. the lurkers know it

i see again OLD BOY that you cut your quote to bits i think i will treat that as an inside joke on the forum now. and that if a post of mine gets quoted but the quote is edited or cut, or lines made bold, that i have automatically won. that's the new rule now.
young_timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2013, 13:53   #3032
jimbo2
Inactive

jimbo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any news on when or IF ESPN will return or BT Sport added? In July it was suggested that ESPN may stay on and BT Sport be availablebut as yet just captions.

It may have been mentioned earlier, but I have not had time to read the thread entirely.

Thanks for your help.
jimbo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 13:55   #3033
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2 View Post
Any news on when or IF ESPN will return or BT Sport added? In July it was suggested that ESPN may stay on and BT Sport be availablebut as yet just captions.

It may have been mentioned earlier, but I have not had time to read the thread entirely.

Thanks for your help.
no there is no news yet there still in talks
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 13:55   #3034
gizuk
Inactive

gizuk is just really nicegizuk is just really nicegizuk is just really nicegizuk is just really nicegizuk is just really nicegizuk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist View Post
Dear oh dear timbo. I quoted you being wrong, even though you never are, apparently. Every post you make seems to contain errors. You know it, i know it, we all know i. Your deliberate postings to antagonise this forums users are clear for all to see, and your constant declarations of "victory" are, in all honesty, really quite sad and pathetic. I apologise again to anyone who thinks this is going off topic.
Use the ignore button like I did - it's excellent.
gizuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 15:43   #3035
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I have just this minute spoken to the Customer Services (06/8/2013 at 3.35pm) via an email to the CEO's office regarding BT Sport / ESPN on the EPG.

They are still in talks with BT Sports and have not got any idea about a deal yet, as for the ESPN still on the EPG, they cannot take it off yet.

I have asked them why they don't advise customers of the problem - they have said juswt watch the updates, l have said that it never updated, they have said they cannot update it as they don't know what is happening.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 16:25   #3036
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

At least we have confirmation (?) that talks haven't collapsed completely...
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 16:36   #3037
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
At least we have confirmation (?) that talks haven't collapsed completely...
Indeed there is still positivity in the force and resolute we must be while we await.
Old 06-08-2013, 16:57   #3038
bantamboy
Inactive

bantamboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it's far from ideal but the picture quality from the app upscales brilliantly on to the telly, thanks to virgins super fast broadband.
bantamboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 17:01   #3039
young_timbo
Permanently Banned

young_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friends

if BT Sports app is anything like Sky Go then it'll run 1 minute behind live. which is useless for Live Sport. Sky Go Sky Sports was also in SD. had to rely on it for 2 years when i was working down in an office in London recently. All my money was taken up on my Shoreditch rent, and parties, expensive clothes, and paying bills. So Sky was cut out of my budget. And I relied on my family sky account at the time. Never again. total bollox. Has to be sport in HD and live on a fat telly for me to be worth it. Otherwise i'd rather just listen on the radio and use my imagination.
young_timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 17:40   #3040
bantamboy
Inactive

bantamboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_timbo View Post
if BT Sports app is anything like Sky Go then it'll run 1 minute behind live. which is useless for Live Sport. Sky Go Sky Sports was also in SD. had to rely on it for 2 years when i was working down in an office in London recently. All my money was taken up on my Shoreditch rent, and parties, expensive clothes, and paying bills. So Sky was cut out of my budget. And I relied on my family sky account at the time. Never again. total bollox. Has to be sport in HD and live on a fat telly for me to be worth it. Otherwise i'd rather just listen on the radio and use my imagination.

You poor, poor love. Come on people, let's have a whip round. This poor sod had to choose between sky tv and expensive clothes and parties. Come on, join hands "feed the world, make it a better place..."
bantamboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 17:57   #3041
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

Is there also a way to block quotes?
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 18:07   #3042
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
Is there also a way to block quotes?
The only way is not to quote the person in the first place

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 18:07   #3043
neilo
cf.addict

neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

Arthur, when did you email the CEO email address? I'm trying to work out when they might get around to mine!
Old 06-08-2013, 18:20   #3044
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

ollowing the acquisition of Virgin Media by Liberty Global and nearly eight amazing years, I have left the business. Tom Mockridge is my successor.

Rest assured that my e-mails are being monitored and will be dealt with and forwarded on as appropriate.

Regards
Neil Berkett

Hi Neilo, the above is an email from Virgin that l received on 1st August, l then sent an email straight of to Tom Mockridge

I received an email back today, but apparently the CEO's assistant was very busy, so l spoke with a customer care agent. She told me what l put on here.

I told her that VM never tell customers anything, and that l was not happy at the fact that we are paying for the Sports package - with ESPN although its FREE, its included in the package we pay for.

I asked her that they must have some idea, and she said that they have not got any news.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 18:24   #3045
neilo
cf.addict

Ok thanks Arthur. I've been told there is an agreement, there isn't an agreement etc. The last lady I spoke to said BT need 2m customers which they'll only get with XL customers so it'll happen. The thing is I thought I read that on here a week or so ago when someone wrote it, so maybe customer services get their info from this forum!

If it were any other company, I'd know there'd be no truth in that.