Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 07-07-2015, 16:15   #856
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

I don't use the mail app in build 10162 but it has added my MS email to it and i can't seem to delete it, so i went to turn syncing off but it was already off, the problem is every time it syncs it asks for my outlook office password!!!!
Old 09-07-2015, 07:27   #857
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

How can I go back to Windows 7 without a fresh re-install? I click on the option to go back to 7 but nothing happens, it just sits there staring at me.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:20   #858
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I have to reinstall windows on my sons PC after his motherboard died, will he need to reserve his windows 10 order again once reinstalled?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:23   #859
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
I have to reinstall windows on my sons PC after his motherboard died, will he need to reserve his windows 10 order again once reinstalled?
While I do not know the correct answer, I suspect any reservation will be tied to his hotmail/Windows Live/Outlook.com account rather than any specific hardware.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:09   #860
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
While I do not know the correct answer, I suspect any reservation will be tied to his hotmail/Windows Live/Outlook.com account rather than any specific hardware.
Unless I'm missing something that can't possibly be the case because you can't log in to any Hotmail/Microsoft account at any point in the process and you can't even enter an email address until after your "reservation" is completed.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:25   #861
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Unless I'm missing something that can't possibly be the case because you can't log in to any Hotmail/Microsoft account at any point in the process and you can't even enter an email address until after your "reservation" is completed.
Fair enough. I did say I don't know if it's the correct answer.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 19:37   #862
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Gabriel Aul ‏@GabeAul · 2h2 hours ago
PC Build 10166 is now available for #WindowsInsiders! http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...w-build-10166/

Hi everyone, we have a new build for PCs we’re releasing today to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring – Build 10166. Just like the 3 builds we released last week, this build is all about bug fixing and fit-and-finish. Be sure to keep using the Windows Feedback app to send us feedback on any problems you’re hitting to help us make sure Windows 10 is awesome when we release it on July 29th!
Dave42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 22:39   #863
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Shame it isn't a higher build number, i will install it tomorrow sometime.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:46   #864
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

all updated here xboxone game streaming works in this build just tried it
Old 10-07-2015, 07:56   #865
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
How can I go back to Windows 7 without a fresh re-install? I click on the option to go back to 7 but nothing happens, it just sits there staring at me.
Anyone?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:07   #866
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Anyone?
you haven't removed windows old folder have you not be to without that
Old 10-07-2015, 08:08   #867
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Anyone?

I am sure that that I have read some where on Microsoft.com that is a reinstall of Windows 7 from your DVD.

Ken
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:20   #868
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Updated to 10166, all good apart from when i switched from 1 account to the other the start menu Window picture on the button vanished but the button still worked and right click menus didn't highlight correctly, a reboot fixed that.

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

It is recommended that everyone with sound issues upgrade to build 10166 as that of those problems should now be fixed.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:49   #869
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Updated to 10166, all good apart from when i switched from 1 account to the other the start menu Window picture on the button vanished but the button still worked and right click menus didn't highlight correctly, a reboot fixed that.

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

It is recommended that everyone with sound issues upgrade to build 10166 as that of those problems should now be fixed.
yeah seems like lots of bugs fixed in this one and have you tried xboxone game streaming yet Snoopz mate
Old 10-07-2015, 11:56   #870
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
yeah seems like lots of bugs fixed in this one and have you tried xboxone game streaming yet Snoopz mate
Not tried it yet as PC is only a few feet away so i don't think i would ever need to use it, but will get around to it.