Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WBSS - Super Middleweight - Groves vs Cox - Oct 14th

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

WBSS - Super Middleweight - Groves vs Cox - Oct 14th

Old 13-10-2017, 23:03   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
WBSS - Super Middleweight - Groves vs Cox - Oct 14th

Another weekend fight, winner faces Eubank, the winner of last week's contest.

PPV is on ITV for a tenner. Con I know.

Groves needs to make quick work of this lad and make a statement. I fancy him against Eubank. I can only pick Groves over Eubank as the latter is still an unknown quantity. If Groves and Eubank meet and Eubank gets the better of him, he'll start getting far more plaudits than he currently gets. You just can't have the gob and attitude he has and fight taxi drivers forever, that's how you become the state that Kell Brook is right now. Destroyed twice, permanent injuries to both of his eyes. Eubank has to step it up. Super Middleweight isn't a stacked division because the Canelo's and Golovkins are still lingering below.

Problem with this division is absolutely none of them beat Golovkin at Super or standard Middleweight. If Eubank gets through this, I fancy Eubank vs Canelo as a matchup. If he can survive shots from Groves I think he can lay claim to a decent chin and the way he fights inside would make an interesting matchup with Canelo. Eubank just has to be wary of any Groves shot, he's beyond underrated at times, Froch made that mistake heavily in the first fight, only two fighters can lay claim to nailing Froch and watching him fall. On the other hand, Groves can't let Eubank get inside his guard and box from there, otherwise he'll lose. There's no real indicator to where Eubank's power is at, but if Groves gets tagged enough times, does it really matter?

Onto Groves vs Cox, Groves via TKO.
Old 14-10-2017, 20:15   #2
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: WBSS - Super Middleweight - Groves vs Cox - Oct 14th

Full card: http://boxrec.com/en/event/754669

A lot of prospects vs taxi drivers, so a padded line up.
Old 14-10-2017, 23:23   #3
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Groves is so awkward as a fighter, such a good counter puncher too. Cox will gas himself he keeps up the output he's been rolling with. Cox is fighting the way he needs too though, forcing Groves backwards into corners, not allowing Groves to have his key weapon, his range.

Something about Cox just seems really off. Keeps diving in with the shoulder. Feeling he's gonna get hit with a thunderbolt counter soon. Waiting for the first headbutt cut too.

Cox destroyed by a counter to the body. It was coming. Really horrible performance by Cox but Eubank will execute the same plan better and could catch Groves in trouble. Still the same rule though, you can't give Groves range or time.

George Groves wins by KO

Semi Final - George Groves vs Chris Eubank Jr.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 14-10-2017 at 23:33.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2017, 07:06   #4
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l think Groves will win as Eubank has not it for me so far.