Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 23-05-2004, 22:46   #106
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Hellboy

( , seen courtesy of a friend's dodgy DVD....I'd happily give my money to the studio/distributor to see it, but as it isn't out in the cinema in the UK, nor even out on DVD in the US, there was no other way..crap excuse I admit....but I will buy the DVD when it comes out in Region1)

Anyway.....****ing brilliant!!!!!!!!! 9/10

Great film. Good cast (especially Ron Pearlman...he is perfect as Hellboy), good story, great action, great FX, great fun.

Guillermo del Toro has again shown how talented a director & screenwriter he is.

I don't understand why it's out in the UK so bloody late though! Not in the cinema here 'till September or thereabouts.

I've pre-ordered the Region 1 DVD from DVDBoxofice.com (due out July) - this is definitely, IMO, a "must-have" (well, for people who enjoy this kind of film )...I'll probably also end up getting the R1 3 disc extended edition (due out a few months after the normal version)
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2004, 23:42   #107
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Matchstick Men, very good film - wont tell you nuffin about it though as pretty much anything will give the game away.

8/10
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2004, 00:26   #108
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Austin Powers 2, not as good the second time around but still give it 6 \ 10 for its smut content alone
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2004, 10:33   #109
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

We watched Bend it like Beckham again on DVD at the w/e. It's the story of two girls, Parminder Nagra and Keira Knightley, and their local girls' football team. It's very funny and Juliet Stevenson has some fantastic lines. It's a wonderful portrayal of multi-cultural London. But really, the film is about prejudices - from all quarters - and some of them are most painful. 'Dad's' speach about him coming over from India and then the gorras wouldn't let him play cricket, gets me in tears every time.

Definately recommended - I would almost say compulsory viewing!
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2004, 10:44   #110
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by altis
We watched Bend it like Beckham again on DVD at the w/e. It's the story of two girls, Parminder Nagra and Keira Knightley, and their local girls' football team. It's very funny and Juliet Stevenson has some fantastic lines. It's a wonderful portrayal of multi-cultural London. But really, the film is about prejudices - from all quarters - and some of them are most painful. 'Dad's' speach about him coming over from India and then the gorras wouldn't let him play cricket, gets me in tears every time.

Definately recommended - I would almost say compulsory viewing!
I own this one on DVD - definitely worth it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2004, 10:48   #111
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Had a bit of a film-fest this weekend (and still found time to watch the FA Cup Final and the Grand Prix!)

Got three films from the video shop:

SWAT - enjoyable potboiler if completely predictable. Colin Farrell doing his thing and Samuel L being Samuel L - nothing wrong with that! 7 / 10.

Stuck on You - quite funny in places, but not up to the Farrelly Brothers usual standard. The funny bits ARE very funny though. 6 / 10/

Paycheck - though this was really good! I know that Ben Affleck has his knockers (insert gag here ), but I thought he was very convincing, and Uma Thurman was good as well (especially considering that, in one review, it said that she did nothing but hover in the background). Oh, and it's good to see that John Woo can get his dove into every single film he makes! 8/10

We also went to the pictures and saw Troy - absolutely fantastic. Ignoring the fact that most of us already know the story, Wolfgang Peterson has really set it up well and the fight scenes are excellent. At just over two-and-a-halfs hours long, it's a bit of a bum-number, but I'd definitely go and see it again. 10 / 10

Roll on The Day After Tomorrow!
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2004, 12:37   #112
abailey152
Inactive

Services: 60Mb VM BB Sky+HD
abailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to abailey152 Send a message via Yahoo to abailey152

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblueraja
Matchstick Men, very good film - wont tell you nuffin about it though as pretty much anything will give the game away.

8/10
I honestly thought it was slow. And I had a good idea what was going to happen quite early on. Having said that, I'm not a big fan of Nick Cage but I thought he played his part well.
abailey152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2004, 12:39   #113
abailey152
Inactive

Services: 60Mb VM BB Sky+HD
abailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to abailey152 Send a message via Yahoo to abailey152

Saw the Last Samuri on DVD - V.Good 9/10.
abailey152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2004, 14:53   #114
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey152
Saw the Last Samuri on DVD - V.Good 9/10.
i saw that at the cinema, absolutely fantastic movie i'd go with ur rating of it too

just watch "paycheck" on DVD.... slow to begin with but not bad, the ending was a bit poor though i give it 7/10 and ben affleck 9/10

also watched "daredevil" last night, pretty good 8/10 (seems to be a bit of a ben theme doesnt there )
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2004, 14:58   #115
Jarandco
Inactive

Services: NTL 2 MEG
Jarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to Jarandco

The Day After Tomorrow 8/10 although the plot mite lack a bit but it was good, hopefully the dvd has loads of extras cos then ill prob get it on dvd!

(8/10 mainly due to amazing special effects!)
Jarandco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2004, 15:11   #116
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

i think its good we all have different opinions on films - i wouldnt of given any of the last 6 listed a high mark 5.10 if they are lucky.

tdat looks fancy thats where it ends

anyway last film i saw was last weekend
50 first dates - could of been better but harmless 6/10
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2004, 15:22   #117
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca
Hellboy

( , seen courtesy of a friend's dodgy DVD....I'd happily give my money to the studio/distributor to see it, but as it isn't out in the cinema in the UK, nor even out on DVD in the US, there was no other way..crap excuse I admit....but I will buy the DVD when it comes out in Region1)

Anyway.....****ing brilliant!!!!!!!!! 9/10
i think we watched different films and this maybe why its taking its time to come out here - the movie for me anyway was full of dry humor and some corney lines - special fx are very good but the animatronix is pretty naff -its entertaining in its simpleness but i could of lived without watching it. another super hero movie that turned out naff i was dispaointed slighty especially considering the hype just like with troy - anyway 6/10 as it was kinda "fun"
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2004, 22:58   #118
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Just watched shrek 2, not as good as the first but still funny in parts..... 6\10
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 02:55   #119
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban (sp?) [cinema]

Hmm, 8/10

Much better than the 1st two. Which is to be expected, as the source is a hell of a lot better than theirs.

Well made & good fun.

Bubba Ho-Tep [DVD]

7/10

A bit of a slow start, but very good, & very...different.

Bruce Campbell is excellent, as always. The guy who played JFK was quite good too.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:34   #120
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

me and my fella watched "last samari" yesterday (i saw it at the cinema but he hadn't) i give it 9/10 or 9+1/2 /10 fab film, didnt think i would enjoy it but really did
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote