Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 16-05-2004, 14:30   #76
Miss C
Inactive

Miss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey152
Thanx. I can now hold my head up high. It's good to know I've got an ally who appreciates a good film about an intelligent topic!!
Absolutely, and now you know it's not just me too!

C
Miss C is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-05-2004, 14:36   #77
Miss C
Inactive

Miss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
It's a shame you were disappointed. The film was definitely a lot different than I thought it was going to be, and it's is certainly weird, but I thought the ending was brilliant. I suppose it will hit a note with some but not with others.
I think I'd just built it up in my mind and expected something more obviously "Tim Burton" - I think I expected it to be more fantastical, if you see what I mean. You're right though, the end is great and very final scence did bring a tear to my jaded old eye!

I had a similar thing with Dark City a few years ago. Saw the trailer, thought it looked brilliant, waited months for it to be released and came away feeling a bit deflated. But the friend I went with who hadn't known a thing about it before that night thought it was great.

C
Miss C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2004, 14:56   #78
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

I watched a movie last night called Spirited Away, its basically an Japanese animated cartoon (not sure if its classed as Anime), but it is very beautifully done, Disney should take a look put it that way. It also won the Oscar in 2002 for the best animated feature.

It have one of the weirdest storylines i have ever seen, about a family that come across this strange tunnel near their new home, walk through and end up in a bath house for the spirits (yeah - i told you) but i thouroughly enjoyed it.

I'd give it an 8/10 at least.

Check it out here... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245429/, gets 8.5 /10 out of 15,000 votes.

You do need to disengage any rational thought for it though.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2004, 16:01   #79
philip.j.fry
Inactive

philip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
philip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblueraja
You do need to disengage any rational thought for it though.
Like most Japanese cimema then

I watched Battle Royale II the other day which looked quite good. Problem was it hadn't been dubbed or subtitled and I don't know any Japanese so I had to keep looking at a movie guide whilst watching it
philip.j.fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2004, 19:37   #80
Graham

Quote:
Does anyone here like Gatacca? I like it, but my g/f hates it, my friends hate it. My g/f says I must be SAD if I like it. Am I really that sad?
I think it had some damn good points to make about genetic engineering/ selection/ eugenics etc. There was a lot to make you think in it.
Old 16-05-2004, 20:04   #81
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

troy - 5/10 worth a watch could be better xena like music and legolas with a bow and arrow bit boring lack of speaking between the trojans
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2004, 20:59   #82
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array

I watched a movie called "thirteen" last night.
It was highly disturbing and uncomfortable to watch and anybody who has parents who split when they were young or who had a troubled childhood will be able to relate to it straight away.
The acting, particularly from Evan Rachel Wood is breathtaking and she is hugely successful in drawing the viewer deep into the story.

I haven't watched a film that affected me that much since Gia.

9/10.
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2004, 23:24   #83
Jerrek
Inactive

Jerrek can only hope to improve

Troy - 9/10.
Jerrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2004, 03:42   #84
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array

Pirates of the Caribbean
Well tonight I cracked open a bottle of wine and sat down to watch this DVD that I've owned for ages but haven't watched yet.
I really liked this film and it makes the perfect late night movie, it's nice and lighthearted, instead of all the dark films I usually prefer to watch.
Depp and Knightley are superb, their acting is just breathtaking.

The first time you see the pirate flag sent shivers down my spine but I draw much of my experience from playing a game called "The Secret Of Monkey Island" many years ago on the Amiga (I believe that you can still buy this for the PC) and it's pretty similar in the way it was done (the ghosts/zombies etc).

I'd give it 7/10, just because it's an enjoyable movie.

Anyone who likes Keira, either her acting or her erm, "physical attributes" , should watch "The Hole" also starring Thora Birch.
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2004, 13:36   #85
philip.j.fry
Inactive

philip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
philip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard M
Anyone who likes Keira, either her acting or her erm, "physical attributes" , should watch "The Hole" also starring Thora Birch.
Or watch the trailer to the forthcoming King Arthur movie. It is supposedly a 'fact-based historical epic' but they seem to have got Guinevere mixed up with Boudica ( ).
philip.j.fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2004, 13:40   #86
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Hudson Hawk, on tele. last night .. I've never seen it before and have no intention of watching it again, what a waste of time.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2004, 01:28   #87
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
Hudson Hawk, on tele. last night .. I've never seen it before and have no intention of watching it again, what a waste of time.
Agh. I saw that when it came out. Awful film.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2004, 01:31   #88
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Blade 1 (DVD) & Blade 2 (DVD) - both 8/10

Seen the 1st before, but not the 2nd.

Both great fun. Great action, excellent fight scenes, good production. Very enjoyable comic-book adaptations. I'm hoping Guillermo Del Toro's take on HellBoy will be at least as good, and as fun, as his Blade2.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2004, 12:18   #89
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

Last night we saw Touching The Void with a load from our mountaineering club. This was the second time I'd watched it and I found it even more gripping than the first. It's a docu-drama based on the book of the same name by Joe Simpson. The film cuts back and forth between the real Joe, Simon and Richard talking to the camera and the actors replaying their story on the mountain. And what a story. The world of mountaineering abounds with epic tales but this is simply one of the best - highly recommended.
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2004, 13:31   #90
Stu038
RIP

Stu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful oneStu038 is the helpful one

Rented SWAT at the weekend and wasn't impressed.
It seemed to take forever to put the background/sub plot together and went down hill from there. It was a bit too predictable. I haven't really got a problem with predictable story lines providing they can still keep you interested, this didn't manage to though.

3/10

Bit of a shame really cos I normally like Samuel Jacksons stuff
Stu038 is offline   Reply With Quote