Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 10-10-2005, 13:56   #796
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Finding Neverland 6/10

Johnny Depp and kate winslett star in this story about what inspired J M Barrie to pen the Peter Pan story. Very slow, watchable, but not great viewing.

Hitch 6.5/10

Will Smith plays the part of a "love doctor" not one of will smith's best efforts, but not a bad watch.

Hide And Seek 7/10

Robert De niro takes his daughter to a new home, to try and get her over the loss of her mother. Good performances, especially by Dakota Fanning, who plays the little girl (emily). I'm not a huge fan of child actors, but she puts in a good performance in this thriller.

Regards.
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2005, 14:07   #797
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
The new Wallace & Gromit movie - it's a laugh-a-minute Highly recommended. The kids will love it, but there's some nicely hidden adult jokes there too.

...and it's a Brit film, so go see it even if it's just to support the UK film industry
Am off to see that on Sunday - will it keep a 14 year old, 12 year old and 6 year old amused for the full length of the film?
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 14:13   #798
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
Am off to see that on Sunday - will it keep a 14 year old, 12 year old and 6 year old amused for the full length of the film?
Yes, I would think so. The 6 year-old and the 12 year-old will definitely love it, and I should think that the 14 year-old will get the more adult jokes (although they're not crude). I didn't once look at my watch during the film, and didn't think there were any sequences that were just 'fillers' to pad it out a bit.

There was also a Madagascar short film shown before it, which the eldest child might find less funny, but I'm sure the other 2 will enjoy it.

Oh, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the film too, OB
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 01:35   #799
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by me283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D
"Yojimbo" is excellent

Directed by Akira Kurosawa.

He also made, amongst others, the awesome "The Seven Samurai" (which was the basis for "The Magnificent Seven").
Yes, I saw that in the screen notes. Very influential guy. Also the lead actor was superb - Toshiro Mifune - was superb. Apparently he was the leading light of Japanese actors for many years.

Another Kurosawa classic, also starring Toshiro Mifune -

"The Hidden Fortress" - was one of George Lucas' inspirations for Star Wars.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:51   #800
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

The Last Samurai - surprisingly good. 7/10
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:56   #801
Safeman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media The False Advertising Company
Safeman is an unknown quantity at this point

Four Brother its got a top story line i thought it was brill
Safeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 11:13   #802
me283
Inactive

Services: Weddings, christenings, barmitzvahs
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze

OK, a few more to add to the list:

"Don't Come Knocking" with Sam Sheppard and Jessica Lange. It's another thought provoker, but much better than "Broken Flowers". Jessica still looks amazing for her age. It moves a little slowly in parts, but a good watch nonetheless.

"Hitch" with Will Smith. Yep, nice and light-hearted, fun, a few good lines. Easy comedy. Liked it.

"The Big Lebowski" with Jeff Bridges and John Goodman (among others). Haven't got to the end yet, but really enjoying it.

Oh, I also watched a couple of rugby DVDs, with South Africa beating the All Blacks in last year's tri-nations. Great stuff!
me283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 13:52   #803
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Lord of War - 7/10. It was good, but it could have been a lot more and Nicholas Cage's performance did help it along
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 14:53   #804
Kaychsea
Inactive

Services: VM TV XL, VM BB M
Kaychsea is just really niceKaychsea is just really niceKaychsea is just really niceKaychsea is just really niceKaychsea is just really niceKaychsea is just really nice

Serenity:- 9/10 without hesitation.
Kaychsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 15:02   #805
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Monty Python Holy Grail and Life of Brian - both quite funny - 7/10 each
The Land of The Dead (Uncut version)- Good, but messy 7/10
Batman Begins - Much better than I was expecting - 8/10
Robots - Ok (looking forward to cars) - 7/10
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2005, 22:40   #806
ellie
Inactive

Services: All except sky one :(
ellie has reached the bronze age
ellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze age

Spiderman2 ..A cool 8½/10 ..Gotta love a man in a spidey suit
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2005, 22:43   #807
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

Mindhunters - excellent B movie thriller. not worth buying and not worth a cinema ticket but worth renting.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2005, 22:45   #808
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Meet the Fockers, 7/10
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2005, 12:29   #809
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Crouching tiger hidden dragon. My god I hated this film when it first came out. Last night, however, I gave it another chance and after my girlfriend explaining that the floating around and stuff is more symbolic than anything else I sort of enjoyed the film. I'd give it about 7-8/10

Corpse Bride. You know when you see a trailer for a film and you worry that you have seen all the good bits in the clip? well this is the film that you have all been dreading, stay well away. 3/10 (and the three is only for the animation style).

Wallace & grommit and the curse of the Wer-rabbit. Funny from start to finish, lots of hidden jokes if you pay enough attention and a good blend of adult and childish humour to keep people of all ages interested. a deffinate 10/10 as its the best film I have seen this year.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2005, 02:10   #810
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

: Domino :

I gave this film 5/10.
Its good points are that keira knightly actually performs quite well and there are some good moments in the film, especially near the end.
It seems to go up and down, a good bit, then a bad bit, etc.
You have to be used to the directors fast paced camera action but I think that adds to the film, so fairpay to the director.
The storyline is a bit weak though.
Oh and I HATE rap music. Its full of it.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote