Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 15-05-2004, 21:37   #61
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNA
Was it good? Ive been meaning to go and see it.
Not aimed at me, but...

I think it [Starsky & Hutch, the movie] is pretty good. It started a bit slow, but got better. I didn't think it was "non-stop laughs", but it's got some *very* funny bits in it.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-05-2004, 22:05   #62
bb31
Inactive

bb31 has reached the bronze age
bb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to bb31

intolerable cruelty (DVD)

3/10

rather be watching the eurovision
bb31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004, 22:07   #63
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Defiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to Defiant Send a message via AIM to Defiant Send a message via MSN to Defiant Send a message via Yahoo to Defiant

Worse movie I've ever seen is solaris. It goes on and on. I kept watching it though thinking its just got to get better soon lol

1/10
Defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004, 22:35   #64
abailey152
Inactive

Services: 60Mb VM BB Sky+HD
abailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to abailey152 Send a message via Yahoo to abailey152

Yep, I'd second that. I watched Solaris the whole way through, thinking "something is going to happen soon", but no. It's one long drag. I'm not a big Clooney fan, although my g/f is . I only bought the Solaris DVD on the name of the director (Steven Soderbergh), and the fact he'd directed Traffic which I'd liked. Oh well!

On a more positive note, we've just seen "The Missing" on DVD - 9/10 V.Good
abailey152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004, 23:53   #65
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Aw man, maybe im mad, but i actually thought that Solaris was one of the best movies i've ever seen.

It's soo subtle and the music is awesome. The scene when he "flashbacks" to meeting his wife for the first time at his friends party is just superb. I cant think of another movie when you could feel the atmosphere and tension so much.

It is a film that you have to watch for what it is, i think a lot of people got confused and thought it was some sci-fi Aliens type thing and didnt get what they expected so marked it down because of it.

Essentially its a love/loss story set in the future.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2004, 00:36   #66
abailey152
Inactive

abailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant future

I wasn't expecting an Alien type movie, but something more of a ghost story set in space. However, it fell well short of my expectations. It never seems to do anything. Yes it is atmospheric, but nothing happens. It even ends without any sort of conclusion. No, sorry, but it's on my list.
Old 16-05-2004, 00:41   #67
abailey152
Inactive

Does anyone here like Gatacca? I like it, but my g/f hates it, my friends hate it. My g/f says I must be SAD if I like it. Am I really that sad?
Old 16-05-2004, 00:48   #68
Miss C
Inactive

Miss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey152
Does anyone here like Gatacca? I like it, but my g/f hates it, my friends hate it. My g/f says I must be SAD if I like it. Am I really that sad?
I think it's a terrific film. And I'm not sad - so neither are you. Get yourself a girlfriend who appreciates a decent film.
Miss C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2004, 00:53   #69
Miss C
Inactive

Miss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
"The Big Fish" on DVD - 8/10 but phew! It's weird!
Tim Burton's film? I don't think there are any other films called Big Fish are there? If it is the Tim Burton one I was really looking forward to it, being an admirer of Tim burton and Ewan McGregor - but found it a bit disappointing. Still, that can happen when you've built something up in your mind. Sometimes it's better to go thinking you'll hate something and then you end up enjoying it.
Miss C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2004, 01:03   #70
abailey152
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss C
I think it's a terrific film. And I'm not sad - so neither are you. Get yourself a girlfriend who appreciates a decent film.
Thanx. I can now hold my head up high. It's good to know I've got an ally who appreciates a good film about an intelligent topic!!
Old 16-05-2004, 11:50   #71
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Yeah, agreed Gatacca is a good flick, kinda like a futuristic film with a 60's twist.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2004, 13:28   #72
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

Quote:
gatacca was a fantastic film...... i actually used it as a modern day illustration of eugenics when i was writing a paper on it :pp
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2004, 13:49   #73
philip.j.fry
Inactive

philip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
philip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblueraja
Aw man, maybe im mad, but i actually thought that Solaris was one of the best movies i've ever seen.
Solaris was the sort of film that I like, quiet and more about atmosphere and emotion than action. However, I thought it was complete pants, mainly because it just seemed to be one long George Cloney ego-fest and his acting is so wooden that there was no emotion in the film. I'd really like to see the original version.
philip.j.fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2004, 13:52   #74
abailey152
Inactive

We should all start a CF Gatacca Fan Club and try to change the views of the non-believers like my friends!
Old 16-05-2004, 14:01   #75
abailey152
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss C
Tim Burton's film? I don't think there are any other films called Big Fish are there? If it is the Tim Burton one I was really looking forward to it, being an admirer of Tim burton and Ewan McGregor - but found it a bit disappointing. Still, that can happen when you've built something up in your mind. Sometimes it's better to go thinking you'll hate something and then you end up enjoying it.
It's a shame you were disappointed. The film was definitely a lot different than I thought it was going to be, and it's is certainly weird, but I thought the ending was brilliant. I suppose it will hit a note with some but not with others.