Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 11-01-2018, 16:44   #4966
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
Garfield was a better spider man though ...

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-01-2018, 19:19   #4967
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Darkest Hour - 7/10

Decent film. Gary Oldman is great.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 19:45   #4968
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

yup, I know very little about those kind of details of the war so what makes stuff like this even better is that it actually happened and isn't just a story some concocted for $$$. I love Denzel Washington and Daniel Day Lewis but I really do hope Gary Oldman gets Best Actor for this at the Oscars.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 20:53   #4969
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Coco 10/10

Go see it , it’s brilliant
Old 14-01-2018, 21:46   #4970
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I couldn't make it today, I have got my ticket booked for next Saturday.
Old 15-01-2018, 05:55   #4971
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last watched TRUE LIES (1994) on VHS

10/10 -- I thankfully have it recorded from analogue cable in the 90s!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 07:17   #4972
General Maximus
Ran Away

It is one of those films (like the first xXx as well) that are just so good that i wished they would a series of them to be act as a modern day version of James Bond. Pierce Brosnan did my head in.
Old 15-01-2018, 19:16   #4973
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Alien.
Old 21-01-2018, 15:11   #4974
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

The Post . Quite good, sorta the film you expect it to be.
Old 21-01-2018, 15:41   #4975
General Maximus
Ran Away

I am umming and ahhhing over the awards films this year. The Oscar nominations are out on Tuesday so I am waiting till then but I imagine this will get several nominations, if nothing else for Meryl Streep because she always get nominated. Traditionally the nominated films are less blockbuster/entertaining films and more drama/true story which is fine (there have been some cracking films over the last couple of years) but would you want to see them at the cinema. I am tempted to go and see some of them like The Shape of Water because I can get in free but there is still the cost of parking and sweets and drinks etc. I think I'll wait till Tuesday and then come back and make a list of cinema films and films which will be acquired through alternative means. I fancy seeing The Post because I love Tom Hanks and similarly Roman J. Israel, Esq. because of Denzel Washington.
Old 21-01-2018, 16:24   #4976
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

The Post has largely been shut out of major nominations for the Baftas and the Golden Gloves. I also don't think that's an outrageous decision, it's good but not amazing. Same goes with Three Billboards.

Personally I would like to see Dunkirk or Get Out win but both are unlikely, especially the latter. Hell how about Logan? I haven't seen Shape of Water or Lady Bird either which seem to be getting a lot of hype to be Best Picture. Lady Bird being a contender for 'shock' winner of Best Picture.

Quote:
Traditionally the nominated films are less blockbuster/entertaining films and more drama/true story which is fine (there have been some cracking films over the last couple of years) but would you want to see them at the cinema.
I think over the last few years Mad Max and Dunkirk would have been/will be deserving winners of Best Picture. Both did something different. They both told a story without much words and both were well scored and shot, really nicely shot in fact. Dunkirk is a brave film to make and that should be rewarded. There is a snobbery about actions films though and the Oscars do tend to award the earnest dramas. Marvel or Star Wars IMO don't deserve nominations. They're fun films but they don't do anything different or say anything different. Very 'paint by numbers' films. Although as I said before Logan should get a shout (and yes I know it's not technically Marvel).

I didn't think Spotlight deserved it either.
Old 21-01-2018, 16:40   #4977
General Maximus
Ran Away

I would have to go back and so some fact checking but i have been watching the Oscars since 1992 i think and of all the films that i can remember winning best picture the three i would agree with are Titanic, LOTR and Hurt Locker. I would have liked to have seen Avatar get it instead of Hurt Locker but hopefully he has still got a few chances coming up. Last year was a joke though, Moonlight was an absolute snooze fest. I would have been happy if any of the other nominees won, Moonlight was last on my list. I would have been delighted if Arrival or Hidden Figures won.
Old 23-01-2018, 14:57   #4978
General Maximus
Ran Away

I have just been to see Dunkirk again at the cinema and it is still superb. You can't beat seeing it on the big screen with all those speakers. It was full of old biddies though who gave it a round of applause at the end of the film
Old 24-01-2018, 07:10   #4979
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last watched BEVERLY HILLS COP III (1994) on VHS (Recorded from analogue cable in the 90s (Cinemax))
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 21:18   #4980
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I last watched BEVERLY HILLS COP III (1994) on VHS (Recorded from analogue cable in the 90s (Cinemax))
What size screen do you watch it on?

I ask because I wouldn't have thought that an analogue recording on VHS on a modern 40"+ Flat Screen TV wouldn't look very good?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote