Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 11-05-2004, 16:22   #31
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

I watched 'Runaway Train' last night on TV - and was left wishing I hadn't - talk about pile of pants. 2/10

In the cinema last film I saw was 'Passion of the Christ'... unsure what to rate this one, certainly a moving film, visually shocking, and relentless in it's presentation. 8/10 for that - 1/10 for leaving me feeling incredibly depressed/shocked afterwards.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2004, 16:27   #32
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey
I watched 'Runaway Train' last night on TV - and was left wishing I hadn't - talk about pile of pants. 2/10
Is that the one with the UN agency led by Captain Picard trying to catch a train stolen by terrorists?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 19:58   #33
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny
Is that the one with the UN agency led by Captain Picard trying to catch a train stolen by terrorists?
LOL, no. I believe the one you are thinking of is "Alastair MacLean's Death Train"
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 20:09   #34
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca
LOL, no. I believe the one you are thinking of is "Alastair MacLean's Death Train"
/shudder

Whatever it's called, I can remember wasting a couple of hours I could have been in bed watching it on C5.

So what was your disastrous train film about?
Old 11-05-2004, 20:50   #35
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny
/shudder

Whatever it's called, I can remember wasting a couple of hours I could have been in bed watching it on C5.

So what was your disastrous train film about?
Well, it wasn't actually me who posted about watching it, but.....

I have seen it before, & it is indeed very boring.

From the IMDB:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runaway Train plot summary
A hardened convict and a younger prisoner escape from a brutal prison in the middle of winter only to find themselves on an out-of-control train with a female railway worker while being pursued by the vengeful head of security.

"Alasair MacLean's Death Train" - yep, awful film. The original book was...OK, but hardly great (it wasn't actually written by MacLean - it was written by someone else, after he died I think, based on a story of his). V bad film.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:13   #36
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

From the IMDB:
Wups, brainless me

Thanks for answering anyway, that'll save me watching it if it ever comes round again...
Old 12-05-2004, 21:08   #37
smegs

The last film i saw was The Butterfly Effect thought it was very good i'd give it 7/10
Old 12-05-2004, 21:27   #38
kink

A couple of nights ago i saw a film i've been planning to see for a long time now....... Memento

Have to say it's been a very long time since a film has held my attention till the very end and this one did
I found it amusing, stylish and cleverly made...... it drew me in and held my interest...... leaving me with questions to ruminate after it had ended.
Having said that...... it's actually just a fun film too which just happens to work on a couple of different levels.

You can be a couch potato or a film buff watching it..... from either angle i thought it was cool
Old 12-05-2004, 21:50   #39
Silent Wings
Inactive

Silent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of societySilent Wings is a pillar of society
Send a message via MSN to Silent Wings

Last film I watched was "Monster" excellent performance by Charlize Theron.
and last night I watched the documentary of the real Aileen Wuornos.9/10
Silent Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 21:55   #40
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

...waits for a review of dreamcatcher.....

...Hint hint .....
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 21:55   #41
gary_580

Carry on Up the Jungle. what can i say? CLASSIC!!!!

Been watching all the carry on movies recently
Old 12-05-2004, 22:08   #42
Indians
Inactive

Indians is a glorious beacon of lightIndians is a glorious beacon of lightIndians is a glorious beacon of lightIndians is a glorious beacon of lightIndians is a glorious beacon of lightIndians is a glorious beacon of lightIndians is a glorious beacon of light

The Cruel Sea, a classic, 8/10
Indians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2004, 09:41   #43
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
...waits for a review of dreamcatcher.....

...Hint hint .....
was bored last night my web had died so i figured id watch a film - went through my list saw dreamcatcher figured it would be naff as it didnt do well at the cinema, but it was a stephan king film so i figured if give it a go.

aliens - a mad general - flashbacks - more aliens. it was "ok" some people liked it personally i wasnt scared or entertained acting was alright but it was a strange film i wouldnt watch it again (ever) so i say: 5/10
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2004, 09:43   #44
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSAGES
was bored last night my web had died so i figured id watch a film - went through my list saw dreamcatcher figured it would be naff as it didnt do well at the cinema, but it was a stephan king film so i figured if give it a go.

aliens - a mad general - flashbacks - more aliens. it was "ok" some people liked it personally i wasnt scared or entertained acting was alright but it was a strange film i wouldnt watch it again (ever) so i say: 5/10
Thanks for that - I've read the book so I guess I'll borrow it and watch it with the hope it does the book justice.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2004, 09:51   #45
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

You forgot to add badly written, badly acted and badly directed

Wish I'd watched Battle Royale on the other side now.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote