Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 10-05-2004, 12:12   #16
andygrif
Inactive

andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

I thought the same Neil - there was an awful lot of dialogue in Vol 2 that was uneccesary to the plot, which could have been cut - making a 2.5 hour single film.
andygrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2004, 12:14   #17
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Saw Sleepy Hollow on C4 last week. Surprisingly good - far better than I thought it was going to be. Johnny Depp put in a stonking performance and the visualisation was very atmospheric and effective. 8/10
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 12:32   #18
imback
Inactive

imback will become famous soon enoughimback will become famous soon enoughimback will become famous soon enough

Watched Starsky and Hutch last night, cheesey as hell, loved it, thought it was great
imback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 22:06   #19
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Last film I saw at the movies was "Along came Polly" , not bad, funny in places, prior to that I saw "Love Actually" which was a good film, not that I like going to "Chick Flicks" but I got dragged there
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 23:19   #20
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

Cliffhanger with Silvester Stalone - crap - No wonder Tescos were selling it cheap.
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 23:24   #21
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Grosse Pointe Blank - 8/10

I've seen it before, many times, but I still love it. Great film.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:27   #22
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

the movies i watched this weekend where ::
paycheck - ben afleck - typical hollywood big budget film that u feel u need to watch as someone spent a long time making it and it cost a bomb but it sucks and u know it sucks but u still watch it for the special fx and fight scenes and the ladies.

4/10

club dread:
random slaher comedy set on tropical island - low budget (fox search light) i laughed once was better than paycheck but only because it didnt try and be good- oh and the ladies were nicer had a silly silly silly ending nice ladies btw -

5/10

House of the dead:
based on the sega game of the same name even has random clips of the game - zombies eat a lot of partying people. ends just like the first game like resident evil film did. was naff in fact so crap i just had to watch it to see how rubbish it eventually got i was not disapointed but after watching it i felt happy i managed to sit through it - i have to wonder how people get paid to make movies like this - it did contain a few naked ladies but they soon died

3/10

Master and commander -
russel being a sailor i got to the bit where someone got shot as the doc was trying to save a bird. posibbly the most boring film of the lot but overall it was certainly better than the others i just didnt bother watching the end, what it needed was a load of sea battles and some swearing

6/10 only because it would then tie with club dread and thats a real bad film and russle would be upset.
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 14:01   #23
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

Van Helsing....3/10 acting awfull, story pitiful and some of the bits were funny for the wrong reasons.

Shawn of the Dead .....7/10 class film, made me laugh.
Old 11-05-2004, 14:08   #24
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste
Van Helsing....3/10 acting awfull, story pitiful and some of the bits were funny for the wrong reasons.

<snip>

I haven't seen it, but IMO it deserves 12/10 just for the presence of Hugh Jackman...
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 14:15   #25
homealone

The Last Samurai

very moving story, beautiful scenery & it was nice to see action scenes without cgi & 'bullet time' effects.

8/10
Old 11-05-2004, 14:17   #26
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
The Last Samurai

very moving story, beautiful scenery & it was nice to see action scenes without cgi & 'bullet time' effects.

8/10

AAAAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEE America saves the Japanese Samurais honour
Old 11-05-2004, 14:18   #27
aliferste
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
I haven't seen it, but IMO it deserves 12/10 just for the presence of Hugh Jackman...

Spend the money you would on the cinema by buying his calander.
Old 11-05-2004, 14:22   #28
homealone

Quote:
AAAAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEE America saves the Japanese Samurais honour
lol - yes I carefully avoided the question of whether it was historically accurate, I just thought it was a nice film
Old 11-05-2004, 14:27   #29
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

Shawn of the Dead .....7/10 class film, made me laugh.
D'oh - I forgot Shaun of the Dead - great film, 10 / 10, and best of all, British!
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 16:05   #30
Salu
Inactive

Services: VM TV package. VM phone and 200MB internet & slow Tivo
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Salu

Taking lives....with Angelina Jolie.

As if that wasn't reason enough, it was a very good psychological thriller which wasn't plainly predictable. About a serial killer who after killing his victims stole their identity and lived their lives until he outgrew their age.

8/10
Salu is offline   Reply With Quote