Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 08-05-2004, 20:33   #1
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Rate the last movie you saw

(thread idea lifted from another forum )

Here goes......

Last night: "Underworld" (DVD) - good, better than I expected. I'd give it....7/10

Just finished watching: "Equilibrium" (DVD) - surprisingly very good. Good story, good cast, great action & fight scenes. Easily better than the awful Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions. Score: 8/10.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2004, 20:50   #2
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca
(thread idea lifted from another forum )
Here goes......
Last night: "Underworld" (DVD) .
Yeah watched it a while ago and thought it was brill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca
Just finished watching: "Equilibrium" (DVD)
On my to see list ( vast as it is ) :pp

Just watched Toy Soldiers ( with the kids on Paramount ) A laugh a minute

5 / 10 for entertainment value and effects
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 20:50   #3
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal

master and commander = 7/10 better than I expected
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 20:52   #4
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Last movie I watched was Aliens Special edition (the - now - old dvd release) Which I thought was quite good. 9/10

The newest one I have watched is pirates of the caribbean which I also quite liked. 8/10
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 20:54   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

went to see Sccoby Doo 2 last week - very funny - 8/10

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 21:16   #6
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

The Butterfly Effect was mine. about 5/10. Nice film, but filled with plot holes and stuff that spoil it.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 19:45   #7
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

Italian job (latest one) 9/10 - Not a bad film for all the house although when the minis come out of the pipe and land on the front ends there is no way on earth they'd still be drivable
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 20:04   #8
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Exclamation Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

PREDATOR 10/10: Enough said
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 20:14   #9
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array

Human Traffic - funny, original and cool.
Of course, I like playing "spot the places I know" too.
(It's a film based in Cardiff)
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 21:43   #10
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard M
Human Traffic - funny, original and cool.
Of course, I like playing "spot the places I know" too.
(It's a film based in Cardiff)
ohhhh good film....my friend (he plays felix) is in that

last film i watch was OUt of time.......with denzel washington in it (yum yum).... 7/10 was incredibly slow to begin with but turned out fairly good

yesterday i watched veronica guerin..... i would give that 9/10 was very throught provoking and powerful (and i admit i did cry)
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 21:45   #11
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky
The Butterfly Effect was mine. about 5/10. Nice film, but filled with plot holes and stuff that spoil it.
It really needed Al, his cigar and Ziggy

6/10 but better than Donny Darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky
Italian job (latest one) 9/10 - Not a bad film for all the house although when the minis come out of the pipe and land on the front ends there is no way on earth they'd still be drivable
Definitely have to agree with that. Watched it again last night.
Too bad people thought it was a sequel or remake and so didn't let themselves enjoy it as much as they should.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:26   #12
andygrif
Inactive

andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array

Saw Kill Bill Vol 2 yesterday - not as good as part one, but I guess you have to see it, once you've watched the first.

More dialogue than the first, less action - but good story all the same and very stylish. 6/10 for Vol 2, 8/10 for Vol 1.
andygrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:54   #13
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Yep - I've just seen Kill Bill Vol. 2. Disappointing compared to the first (Vol. 1 gets 10 / 10) but, in it's own right, I'd give it a 7.

Also saw Van Helsing last week - IMO, a great film. Action, adventure, comedy (oh, and Kate Beckinsale ) - 10 / 10.
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:56   #14
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Starsky and Hutch at the Cinema, we were the only two people watching it, it's very shallow (obviously) but it made I laugh!
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 12:08   #15
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
Yep - I've just seen Kill Bill Vol. 2. Disappointing compared to the first (Vol. 1 gets 10 / 10) but, in it's own right, I'd give it a 7.
I think you're being generous there.

KB2 was (IMHO) the biggest disappoinment of all time film wise. It was nothing like the 1st one (V little action in comparison), & just seemed to drag on.

I'm certain QT could easily have cut out all the boring monologue from KB2, & just made 1 film....
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote