Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Generic WR214E Login Details

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Generic WR214E Login Details

Old 05-09-2007, 12:07   #1
dave1968
Inactive

dave1968 is an unknown quantity at this point
Generic WR214E Login Details

Hi,

I have just purchased this router off a friend, its working fine but I need to know the default log in details, user name and password so that I can set up the security on it. My friend has never used the security side of it, the box is set as default so I just require default name and password please.

Kind Regards

Dave.
dave1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2007, 12:08   #2
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: Generic WR214E Login Details

Try:

User: admin
Pass: admin
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:11   #3
dave1968
Inactive

hi,
Thanks for the fast reply, I forgot to mention I tried admin admin, and admin with no password, also tried adminisrtator etc but with no luck
Old 05-09-2007, 12:14   #4
Raistlin
Inactive

Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Forgot to say

Are you sure your friend didn't change the password. Try resetting the unit to be sure (press and hold the little reset button, probably on the back).

Alternatively, try:

User: root
Pass: admin
Old 05-09-2007, 12:16   #5
dave1968
Inactive

Yes, thanks for your help, did a reset and bingo, admin admin worked, many thanks for your help, that will teach me to trust him

And many thanks for the welcome, I shall look in and try and help where possible

Regards

Dave
Old 05-09-2007, 12:16   #6
Raistlin
Inactive

Glad it's sorted, thought it was odd that admin:admin didn't work
Old 05-09-2007, 12:31   #7
dave1968
Inactive

I see your a linux user, I have recently installed yelow dog onto my ps3, not really got the hang of it as yet, too many years working with windows although I must say it takes me back a bit to my Amiga days. Might pick your brains sometime on setting apps up on my PS3, again, many thanks.

Regards

Dave
Old 05-09-2007, 16:26   #8
Raistlin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1968 View Post
Might pick your brains sometime on setting apps up on my PS3, again, many thanks.

Regards

Dave
It'll be slim pickings I'm afraid

Might be better off either posting generally on the forum here (someone might be able to help), or better still referring to the user community forums (there must be some) for Yellow Dog