Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 16-12-2017, 15:12   #3721
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

But that is not a like-for-like comparision for broadband.

Sky Fibre Unlimited is an average of 34mb download - much less than the 200mb option you have used for VM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Now Sky have withdrawn the Original and Sky Variety TV packs and replaced it with the entertainment pack it makes them cheaper than Virgin Media if your not interested in BT Sport

I've done a mock sign up with Sky and VM

Sky

Sky Q £25
Sky Entertainment
Sky HD

Sky Talk Pay As You Talk £0
Sky Line Rental £18.99
Sky Fibre Unlimited £11.01

Free Fibre Activation Fee

Without offers £20
Sky Q Multiscreen Pack £12
One off cost including Sky Q 2TB £114.95

Total monthly cost £67 Without offers £75.99

Virgin Media

VIVID 200 Optical Fibre
Full House TV
Talk Weekends
Virgin Phone line
Virgin TV V6 box
Virgin TV multiroom room
Activation Fee £20.00

Monthly cost £67.50 a month for 12 months then £82.50 a month

A lot of changes from Sky over the past week and for those not interested in BT Sport which is free for now with VM (some rumours it won't be once the current deal is up next summer) you can save yourself £78.12 a year at normal price
Advertisement
Old 17-12-2017, 04:42   #3722
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Confirms a few things...

- Dave HD should be included in the UKTV channels 'free view' so someone at VM must have forgotten to add the override flag
This weekend's scan indicated that the override flag has now been added to Dave HD.

Also that the Liverpool FC TV freeview has ended and that the new Playboy channel has been added to a further internal network used for testing (up from 4 test networks to 5).

Quote:
Interesting that there are still existing customers out there with one of six different TV packages (Player, More, M+, Mix, Fun and Full House) although the only packages now being offered to new customers are Player, Mix and Full House.
There are codes for another two pack levels in the system. One seems to contain only encrypted PSB channels but is largely redundant as these channels also carry the override flag.

The other code sits between Fun and Full House but has pretty much disappeared from use, I think it only exists on the remnants of placeholders of former channels.

Last edited by jj20x; 17-12-2017 at 04:57.

Old 17-12-2017, 09:51   #3723
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
This weekend's scan indicated that the override flag has now been added to Dave HD.

Also that the Liverpool FC TV freeview has ended and that the new Playboy channel has been added to a further internal network used for testing (up from 4 test networks to 5).

There are codes for another two pack levels in the system. One seems to contain only encrypted PSB channels but is largely redundant as these channels also carry the override flag.

The other code sits between Fun and Full House but has pretty much disappeared from use, I think it only exists on the remnants of placeholders of former channels.
Thanks for the info.
Old 17-12-2017, 10:33   #3724
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
To be fair this makes it sound more promising Sky Atlantic could arrive on Virgin at some stage.

https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/m...of-tv-channels

I agree
Old 17-12-2017, 23:14   #3725
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I think that there's a good chance that if BT Sport is to be removed from XL that VM will use Sky Atlantic to try and negate any cancellations/downgrades.

The 2019 thing might also tie in with when the VM contract with BT runs out.
Old 17-12-2017, 23:28   #3726
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Not everyone that uses BT sport would be interested in Atlantic so I don't think it would stop that many people cancelling.
Old 17-12-2017, 23:58   #3727
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I think that there's a good chance that if BT Sport is to be removed from XL that VM will use Sky Atlantic to try and negate any cancellations/downgrades.

I hope your wrong! I think it would make most decide between Sky Sports and BT Sport depending on the content. So lost revenue for both.

Last edited by alwaysabear; 18-12-2017 at 00:02.
Old 18-12-2017, 00:14   #3728
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Everything goes in circles if you've been around long enough.

Seriously though, ITV and Disney have had a very long working relationship with each other. I guess most people are too young here to remember that "The Wonderful World of Disney" used to be a prominent part of ITV's schedule and Disney has been a direct shareholder in ITV companies from the past.
The Wonderful World of Disney used to be on BBC 1 on a Monday evening.
Old 18-12-2017, 03:24   #3729
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
The Wonderful World of Disney used to be on BBC 1 on a Monday evening.
I remember it always seemed to be on at Bank Holidays and at Christmas (on BBC1 I think).
Old 18-12-2017, 12:58   #3730
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I remember it always seemed to be on at Bank Holidays and at Christmas (on BBC1 I think).
Took a bit of searching around lol but it was indeed on bbc1 http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/61a0b4bfb...893851692c858f
Old 18-12-2017, 14:01   #3731
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Not everyone that uses BT sport would be interested in Atlantic so I don't think it would stop that many people cancelling.
I would be surprised if BT pulled out of the existing wholesale deal with VM. I haven't seen the figures, but gut instinct tells me that BT would get less from VM viewers if they had to subscribe and pay for that service. Currently, they have a guaranteed income stream from VM which must be worth something to BT through the payments made by VM and the extra advertising revenue.

If I was negotiating on behalf of Virgin, I would get UHD and AMC thrown in with the next negotiation!
Old 18-12-2017, 14:49   #3732
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I would be surprised if BT pulled out of the existing wholesale deal with VM. I haven't seen the figures, but gut instinct tells me that BT would get less from VM viewers if they had to subscribe and pay for that service. Currently, they have a guaranteed income stream from VM which must be worth something to BT through the payments made by VM and the extra advertising revenue.

If I was negotiating on behalf of Virgin, I would get UHD and AMC thrown in with the next negotiation!
The info we have is BT are still pretty annoyed at VMs behaviour regarding something that happened with Eiresport, vm went crying to ofcom over something.
Old 18-12-2017, 15:14   #3733
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
The info we have is BT are still pretty annoyed at VMs behaviour regarding something that happened with Eiresport, vm went crying to ofcom over something.
Maybe so, theone, but if BT can patch things up with Sky, I'm sure they can with VM. After all, BT are having to watch their pennies now on the TV front.
Old 18-12-2017, 15:19   #3734
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Maybe so, theone, but if BT can patch things up with Sky, I'm sure they can with VM. After all, BT are having to watch their pennies now on the TV front.
Thing is though VM have a habit of constantly crying to ofcom i hope they can patch things up it'd be nice to see the big 5 (i'm including plusnet and talk talk in this) working together to provide better content and value for us the consumer.
Old 18-12-2017, 16:36   #3735
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:

The 1st 3-year contract ran out last summer which initially saw them paying around £75million a year now they are paying around £120million a year I don't know how long the current contract is if it is 3 year again that would see it expiring summer 19
Closed Thread