Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview
Register FAQ Community Calendar

B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Old 26-08-2011, 20:04   #421
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Freesat is branded and designed for UK usage, it gives you a 7 day epg and if you want free UK only channels (with possibly some added extras like iplayer/pvr on some boxes) then a freesat box is ideal. If though you want a cheap box that doesn't have the EPG but has a few more channels (though some of them can be foreign) and Diseqc abilities like Multiple LNB's or motorised system then FTA is great.

So your choice would be UK simplicity or a cheap expandable system that might be more complicated.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-08-2011, 17:38   #422
AZIMUTH
Inactive

AZIMUTH is on a distinguished roadAZIMUTH is on a distinguished road

i have a ross sd free to air box.....very basic but gets 400+channels.they include every free channel ie,bbc stream,news; sky news. itv channels etc,etc.plus many more.no epg tho which you would get with free sat.

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

ps,ive been told there are free to air boxes that do epg now.
AZIMUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 00:37   #423
matt65
Inactive

matt65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data123 View Post
What box do you have?

if its the HDR-6110USB these a Firmware update at www.ross.co.uk

if you have the HDR-8130USB it should work OK you need to scan

10847 V
for BBC One HD & BBC HD

and

12607 V
for channel 4 HD
this was a grait help know got BBC HD thanks
matt65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:31   #424
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Freesat is branded and designed for UK usage, it gives you a 7 day epg and if you want free UK only channels (with possibly some added extras like iplayer/pvr on some boxes) then a freesat box is ideal. If though you want a cheap box that doesn't have the EPG but has a few more channels (though some of them can be foreign) and Diseqc abilities like Multiple LNB's or motorised system then FTA is great.

So your choice would be UK simplicity or a cheap expandable system that might be more complicated.
All Freesat boxes have a non-Freesat mode that allow you tune any channel your dish can pick up. The boxes may be missing Diseqc features but really in terms of the number of channels they can receive they are equal to any other non-Diseqc non-Freesat box (like the Ross).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 15:53   #425
cjw177
Inactive

cjw177 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, I have connected a ross hrd6110usb receiver to my existing sky dish and lnb. ive got some channels and so much, mostly those ones what i need doesnt come. what do i have to do? set the dish or make an upgrade on the receiver , if i have to do that, how? i didnt find anything on ross website. thanks for helps
cjw177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 16:22   #426
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

That all depends what channels you want and what channels are missing. More detail, please.
Old 27-09-2011, 16:44   #427
cjw177
Inactive

the music ones, flaunt, scuzz, bliss, etc
Old 27-09-2011, 17:01   #428
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Those channels are broadcast to the UK in the clear so a properly aligned Sky dish should receive them and any receiver should show them. Are you able to pick stuff up with the dish attached to a set top box and TV?
Old 27-09-2011, 18:29   #429
cjw177
Inactive

i tried to set my dish, but i havent been able to get any better signal then 60%
Old 29-09-2011, 18:41   #430
levi1989
Inactive

levi1989 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have turned on my box today and all my channels have disapeared near enough! I spent ages downloading all the channels and spent a good hour or two deleting all the rubbish just keeping around 30 channels worth keeping! I go on there today and at least 15 have gone!! :\ starting to have enough of this box now. some days there is no signal for certain channels and now this. Anybody no how I can redownload every channel, shame I will have to siv through about 200 of them. Thanks

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

Well after that rant they have all come back :\

But I still have a question for anybody that would be kind enough to help I acidentally deleted my itv1 + 1. Anybody have an idea how I can go about maybe just redownloading this? also my music channels seem to get no signal anymore, anybody else had this? x
levi1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 16:29   #431
Data123
Inactive

Data123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1989 View Post
But I still have a question for anybody that would be kind enough to help I acidentally deleted my itv1 + 1. Anybody have an idea how I can go about maybe just redownloading this? also my music channels seem to get no signal anymore, anybody else had this? x
ITV1+1 is on

10906 v 22000

&

10891 H 22000

Have a look at http://en.kingofsat.net/tv-28.2E.php
Data123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 20:56   #432
babyg
Inactive

babyg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Just bought 1of these,i get a signal strength of 67% but no quality, can anyonegive me any advice.
babyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 21:10   #433
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Yep, read this thread as lots of people had the same fault
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 23:11   #434
keicar
Inactive

keicar is an unknown quantity at this point

Bought one yesterday, purely to use to watch formula One on RTL (Astra 19.9) next year.

I have not bothered with the ugly dish that is supplied, but am using a 35cm dish from my Lidl camping system which I find really easy to set up.

A tip for anyone buying the system for the same reason is that when scanning Astra 1C/1E (19.2) remove transponders 47 & 67 or the Ross box will lock up.

Going to purchase a small dish http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1606559003...t_2359wt_752to to hang on my shed. Even at 38 quid for the dish and 25 quid for the box, it still works out less than 2 months Sky subscription.
keicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:54   #435
megabaldie
Inactive

megabaldie is an unknown quantity at this point

got this dish and it kept cutting out at 47 & 67 and as I know nothing I guessed the box was no good and took two months to bother to sort it out by that time I lost reciepts so just purchased another one (with the idea of returning the old one on the new reciept ) however I read the post above me and sorted it THANK YOU . Now im wondering wether to take the other one back or can you run two boxes off one dish? is so how? or is it as simple as using a splitter?.... once again I know nothing lol
megabaldie is offline   Reply With Quote