Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Not a happy VM customer and maybe soon to be ex

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Not a happy VM customer and maybe soon to be ex

Old 25-12-2017, 21:38   #1
iTekweni
cf.addict

iTekweni can only hope to improve
Angry Not a happy VM customer and maybe soon to be ex

For the past week my so called superhub 2 has dropped the wifi almost 5 to 6 times a day and since Friday
I have had 4 conversations with the foreign service people who do not have a clue and only read from the typed sheet
of paper in front of them, all I want was for the wifi to return and be stable as its always been but all theyt want
me to do is reboot router to get it working.

My one conversation with VM I purposely did not reboot router and said to the person that I could not connect to
router via ethernet connection and asked her if they could connect and she said no so I said so you agree there is a
problem and she said yes I then said to her once I reboot I would not be happy if she said nothing could be arranged
because router would check out fine and she said no she would not but as I thought once rebooted and system back on
line she refused to arrange a visit or replace router because her system says router checks out fine so I blew my top
without profanity and a couple of hour later I had to repeat the call and go through the same proceedure with same results
and by then I was demanding the router be replaced or an engineers visit but he would not budge and eventualy he said router
could be changed but a fee of £20 will be charged and I reluctantly said yes if it was going to cure the wifi problem and a call
from me to customer services will be made when office hours resume and I will be wanting the £20 refunded because this charge
is for them to change mac address on their system also my contract ends soon and if I do not get the results I am looking for
the my next call will be to retentions to cancel my service after being a customer for 19 years since C&W days which I am sure
they are not worried about but hope it does not come to this as I have not had many problems over the years and surprisingly happy with VM.

Sorry for this long rant but the VM service dept. has spoilt my christmas especially when he said that the wifi is not covered by
Virgin Media and when I said to him that VM adverised about vivid 200 broadband and fast wifi but he was adamant they did not so
will update this post after I have had my conversation with VM customer or retention services.
iTekweni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-12-2017, 22:09   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Not a happy VM customer and maybe soon to be ex

No ISP guarantees wfi, get over it. Best way to get best wifi is get your own router and don't rely on ISP supplied carp.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2017, 22:16   #3
iTekweni
cf.addict

iTekweni can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
No ISP guarantees wfi, get over it. Best way to get best wifi is get your own router and don't rely on ISP supplied carp.
Thanks for the useless advice
iTekweni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 11:43   #4
kalleh
cf.addict

kalleh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTekweni View Post

Buy your own WiFi router and put SuperHub 2 in modem mode stops all issues of having to contact VM in the future about WiFi related issues.

VM provide an internet connection and hardware can fail. Or this could be due to some interference in the wifi bands in your area nothing to do with VM.

His advice wasn't useless just seems you are one of those people who like to rant and shout rather than fix things yourself.

So much for the Christmas Spirit eh...
kalleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 11:52   #5
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

As you seem to be only Wifi and no wired connection, it may not be the Wifi but the BB connection. You need to eliminate the WiFi as being the problem.

At the moment I get similar brief dropouts in a wired connection about every 2 hours or so. I also had the same thing happening a few months ago, but in that instance a call to CS fixed it. This time no such luck.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 12:39   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Have you tried changing the wifi channels?

Also it is true that no isp will guarantee a wifi connection. You need to try a wired connection to confirm a connection is due or if it's just wifi.
Old 26-12-2017, 20:06   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTekweni View Post
if you want some useful advice then I suggest you go back to school and learn about spelling, punctuation and grammar because your post contains the longest sentence I have honestly ever seen.

There are a few other posts in this forum from users with the same issue and a massive thread on the VM forum. Afaik they have done some sort of software update which has managed to screw something up for some users and you can't expect a fix anytime soon. Your shub isn't faulty and I doubt a replacement will rectify the problem either (which is why VM are probably reluctant to give you one, normally they dish them out like confetti).

At the end of the day the shub is a router and there are many settings which can be changed which can adversely affect a routers performance and/or cause it to drop its connection (not that it is doing this in this case). As with the advice above (and what I have said in another thread to someone who has the same problem as you) is if you don't want to be burdened by VM's silly little mistakes with their cheap ass routers then buy your own. Investing in a proper router will be one of the best things you ever spend your money on because you are investing in quality, performance and reliability for something which you use, enjoy and benefit from everyday. You aren't fooling yourself if you say "it isn't worth the money" because it is clearly is otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time and effort to moan on this forum.

I don't expect you to listen to a word I have said but for the benefit of anyone else you who is reading this post I highly recommend the following two options:

Asus AC1200 for £57

Asus AC3200 for £143 (excellent future proofing)
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 20:58   #8
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

RT-AC86U For £199 https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-RT-AC8...words=rt+ac86u
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 21:59   #9
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I have my eye on one of these, as I have Dual Wan connections.

Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 07:52   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I have my eye on one of these, as I have Dual Wan connections.

Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router
nice, the good thing about it bring a recent model is that it will be able to handle the current speeds available. I can remember the Dlink (I think) wich has been discussed numerous times in the past was ≤100mbits.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 09:20   #11
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
nice, the good thing about it bring a recent model is that it will be able to handle the current speeds available. I can remember the Dlink (I think) wich has been discussed numerous times in the past was ≤100mbits.
Ah, the old DLink 615. Yes only capable of 100Mbps but what a good old workhorse. I still have one I keep for emergencies.

Max was only 50Mbps when they were issued by VM.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 14:39   #12
cje85
cf.member

cje85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Over the last couple of weeks the VM forum has become full of complaints about SH2ACs dropping WiFi several times per day and requiring a reboot. The main thread about the issue has over 370 replies so far. There has been no firmware update according to VM, but something seems to be causing quite a widespread problem.

A good third party router will solve these (and other) issues, the ASUS RT-AC86U linked to earlier is fantastic.
cje85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 16:48   #13
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cje85 View Post
Over the last couple of weeks the VM forum has become full of complaints about SH2ACs dropping WiFi several times per day and requiring a reboot. The main thread about the issue has over 370 replies so far. There has been no firmware update according to VM, but something seems to be causing quite a widespread problem.

A good third party router will solve these (and other) issues, the ASUS RT-AC86U linked to earlier is fantastic.
Maybe the SH2ac problem is an area issue , I have one and no problems so far.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 17:41   #14
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Maybe the SH2ac problem is an area issue , I have one and no problems so far.

My SH1 had Wi-Fi problems but that was solved by the SH2ac, I now have SH3
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 19:20   #15
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I don't want to say this, but VM won't care what customers think. In till they start talking with there feet.

This year l have had again big problems with them. And yet they come out with some claptrap about the effects are caused by problem's out of London.

My mother in law had problems yesterday - again.

Instead of finding out what the problem is, and fixing it - baffles me. She lives in a block of flats. Just three stories high.

And yes, l am with Sky, for a good deal. And have the BB / Phone with VM.

Been with Sky 12 months - and NOT one problem.

VM, l would say more than 20 faults - and three serious emails to the CEO.

The big problem is that VM do not have any competition on Cable TV in the UK to content with.

I do not know if any other customer has the same problem
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote