Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Films to see in 2017

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Films to see in 2017

Old 03-01-2017, 22:12   #61
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Films to see in 2017

He's probably alluding to the common problem with it. Way over hyped, not really it's own fault though and the incredibly dumb characters with dumb decision making skills.. as quoted by many.

It's watchable though, just internet elitists and circlejerks dragged it way further down than it deserved. Think Star Trek and the way that gets dragged around despite being damn good imo.
Old 03-01-2017, 22:17   #62
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Me too, never got the hate for that. alien 3 though....
Alien 1 still the best by a country mile though.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:47   #63
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
This is my list so far ;

20th January : xXx Return of Xander Cage : Trailer
10th February : The Lego Batman Movie : Trailer
24th February : Resident Evil: The Final Chapter : Trailer
3rd March : Logan : Trailer
24th March : Power Rangers : Trailer
31st March : Ghost in the Shell : Trailer
14th April : Fast & Furious 8 : Trailer
28th April : Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 : Trailer
26th May : Pirates of the Carribean: DMTNT : Trailer
2nd June : Wonder Woman : Trailer
9th June : The Mummy : Trailer
9th June : World War Z 2 : No Trailer Yet
23rd June : Transformers: The Last Knight : Trailer
30th June : Despicable Me 3 : Trailer
7th July : Spiderman: Homecoming : Trailer
4th August : Alien: Covenant : No Trailer Yet
27th October : Thor: Ragnarok : No Trailer Yet
17th November : Justice League : Trailer
15th December : Star Wars Episode VIII : No Trailer Yet
22nd December : The Six Billion Dollar Man : No Trailer Yet

Also, films I probably wont be seeing, but others may be interested in ;

27th January : T2 Trainspotting : Trailer
3rd February : Underworld Blood Wars : Trailer
17th February : John Wick Chapter 2 : Trailer
24th February : Tulip Fever : Trailer
10th March : Kong: Skull Island : Trailer
17th March : Beauty and the Beast : Trailer
28th April : The Circle : Trailer
12th May : Life : Trailer
12th May : King Arthur: Legend of the Sword : Trailer
16th June : Kingsmen: The Golden Circle : No Trailer Yet
14th July : Cars 3 : Trailer
14th July : War for the Planet of the Apes : Trailer
21st July : Valerian the City of a Thousand Planets : Trailer
21st July : Dunkirk : Trailer
28th July : Jumanji : No Trailer Yet
28th July : The Dark Tower : No Trailer Yet
18th August : Flatliners : No Trailer Yet
14th September : The Equalizer 2 : No Trailer Yet
6th October : Bladerunner 2049 : No Trailer Yet
20th October : Saw: Legacy : No Trailer Yet
22nd December : Pitch Perfect 3 : No Trailer Yet

(Thanks to General Maximus for providing all the links, and some dates)
Is it just me, or does it seem like Hollywood is only interested in targeting teenage boys?

Superheroes, more superheroes, more cgi, more cgi....

Where is the new Lawrence of Arabia, new Psycho etc? Actually something made for adults and preferably with a story?
Old 08-01-2017, 10:52   #64
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

That is only the film's he is interested in seeing. There are plenty of other film's and different genres coming out.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:02   #65
Horizon
Media Watcher

Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

I know there is other stuff and I wasn't having a dig at PaulM, but the point still remains. A lot of Hollywood content is cgi heavy and story light. Why is Hollywood so obsessed with this type of film?
Old 08-01-2017, 11:08   #66
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I know there is other stuff and I wasn't having a dig at PaulM, but the point still remains. A lot of Hollywood content is cgi heavy and story light. Why is Hollywood so obsessed with this type of film?
Money.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:14   #67
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
They aren't obsessed with it. However that is what makes the most money. So that is of course where they focus.

Dunkirk is very story driven with little or no CGI for starters.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:34   #68
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

what you have got to remember is that it is the blockbusters that pay for the arty farty films. I can remember 2 years ago when American Sniper came out. Neil Patrick Harris opened the Oscars talking about the big films nominated for best picture and I think he mentioned 6 or 7 films and said something like "together they have got $600 million at the box office" and everyone applauded and then he quipped "and of that $300 was for American Sniper" and he was having a dig that one film accounted for half of the revenue out of 6 or 7 films.

Every year I watch all the major films nominated for the big awards and some of them tell great stories, especially the ones which are based on true events, but they aren't necessarily the most entertaining. Everyone has different tastes and that is why we have so many different genres of films. I for one don't like horrors, they don't do anything for me at all but it doesn't mean they shouldn't be made so other people can enjoy them.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 13:57   #69
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
They aren't obsessed with it. However that is what makes the most money. So that is of course where they focus.

Lets hope Dunkirk lives up to the expectation.
Old 08-01-2017, 16:13   #70
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

only 1 for me is star wars episode 8
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 17:53   #71
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Is it just me, or does it seem like Hollywood is only interested in targeting teenage boys?

Superheroes, more superheroes, more cgi, more cgi....

Where is the new Lawrence of Arabia, new Psycho etc? Actually something made for adults and preferably with a story?
La La Land and Manchester by the Sea both open this week and they're meant to be good. It's Oscar season so you'll get a lot of decent films around now.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 22:41   #72
Horizon
Media Watcher

....I've heard of Manchester by the Sea. So, yep one for me there.

And (sticking my neck out) John Wick2. Everyone I know hated the first film, but I liked it, so there! Who cares if Keanu Reeves can't act? Actually, it was his robotic expression that made the original film good in my opinion.

And I guess I might throw in Spiderman and one or two of the other superheroes/scifi ones too. I just have to pretend to look like a teenager in the cinema which will be amusing with my ever greying hair.

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

Dunkirk added to list.
Old 08-01-2017, 22:57   #73
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Is it just me, or does it seem like Hollywood is only interested in targeting teenage boys
Definitely you.

The only "teenage" boy I know actually doesnt care for action, superhero or sci fi films.
Pretty much the rest of my family & friends love them. None are teenage boys, and in many cases, they are girls.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 23:05   #74
Horizon
Media Watcher

...fair enough, to each his own.

But I can only take enough of exploding buildings, gunfights, car chases, space battles etc.

I do need stories some time as well to go along with the superhero, cgi riddled fight fests aka Hollywood films.
Old 25-01-2017, 16:18   #75
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Wow