Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Event

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Event

Old 04-09-2011, 21:20   #31
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Did anyone watch ‘The Event’ (sadly now cancelled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by threadbare View Post
I think that's all most people want is some kind of closure.

A mini-series, perhaps picked up by SyFy, would be ideal.
There is talk of a tv movie
Old 04-09-2011, 21:33   #32
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

It's obvious not a lot of people watched it, or it would never have been cancelled

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 22:28   #33
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
It's obvious not a lot of people watched it, or it would never have been cancelled
A lot of people watched it, just not enough.

Its problem was exactly the same as Flash Forward - they dragged it out too long, and by the time it actually got really good, most people had given up.

Shame, I enjoyed both it and FF.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:49   #34
threadbare
Inactive

threadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
There is talk of a tv movie
Yeah I heard about that. Let's hope they do something.

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
A lot of people watched it, just not enough.

Its problem was exactly the same as Flash Forward - they dragged it out too long, and by the time it actually got really good, most people had given up.

Shame, I enjoyed both it and FF.
They milk the shows too much. With 'The Event' I felt they threw in a lot of mysteries and just didn't give enough answers until too late. Too many viewers had already jumped ship.
threadbare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:28   #35
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Re: The Event

Slowly, slowly, might catchy Monkey.

But............

Slowly, slowly, losey too many viewers.

The prime example for me being "Lost" IIRC I gave up following E03S01

The interminal flashbacks.......OMG...like Chinese water torture.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 16:12   #36
v0id
[CENSORED]

v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Lost should have been a 3 part mini series instead

Old 05-09-2011, 17:38   #37
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I watched the first 3 eps. Thought it actually had potential, then I realised that it was going so slowly that I lost interest. It made the same mistake they made with Lost. It asked a lot of questions, but answered very few.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 20:04   #38
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by threadbare View Post
They milk the shows too much. With 'The Event' I felt they threw in a lot of mysteries and just didn't give enough answers until too late. Too many viewers had already jumped ship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I watched the first 3 eps. Thought it actually had potential, then I realised that it was going so slowly that I lost interest. It made the same mistake they made with Lost. It asked a lot of questions, but answered very few.

Yup: Too many questions, not enough answers.

It started off badly, by using a non-linear narrative even more annoyingly than Lost, and moved too slowly while posing question after question.

After it was re-jigged during its excessively long hiatus, the pace was ramped right up, and it became more interesting... But by then it had haemorrhaged even more viewers, plus the increase in pace came at the expense of previous story elements being forgotten, and some of the characters behaving differently, plus again added more questions and failed to answer previous ones.

One of the things which really bugged me was that they never answered how/why Sean knew about the plane at the very start. Ditto for Agent Lee. That was but one of many things.

I very much doubt that anything will come of the "TV movie". This sort of thing always does the rounds. There's been nothing remotely concrete about it, and I doubt that Syfy would really be interested (& NBC has already said it wouldn't show one if it happened).
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 21:26   #39
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

SyFy won't be interested unless they can work a sharktopus or a RockSalmonPiranha into the mix somehow.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 21:39   #40
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Yup. The humans & the aliens have to put aside their differences to battle a bigger foe: a giant sharktopusosaur! Then Debbie Gibson & Tiffany turn up to help.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 16:35   #41
v0id
[CENSORED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
SyFy won't be interested unless they can work a sharktopus or a RockSalmonPiranha into the mix somehow.
Don't forget the wrestling