Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 26-02-2016, 12:20   #2746
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The other cat will eat anything and I mean anything, however the timid one won't touch anything you try to put down for him.

So straight to mouth is the only way to give him the tablet.
Our rescue cat is petrified of most human contact and as far as meds go (he has Calici Virus requiring daily doses of pain killers and Interferon) we had to find an alternative way of getting them into his system. He will only eat raw meats and we couldn't make sure that he was getting his full doses but eventually we hit on giving him his meds mixed into squirty cream and now he sits waiting for his daily 'treat'. We can't give him the commercial stuff in an aerosol as they all contain sugar or sweeteners so we have to make our own which is a faff but it sure makes the job of giving him his meds easier.

Now if I could just find a home based, stress free, way of getting rid of the matted lumps of fur that this now very fit, extremely long haired cat has developed.

ah well, that's a problem that only the vet and a general anaesthetic will be able to sort out.....

.......I don't suppose anyone has one of those total cover, bomb disposal outfits going spare? Failing that tips on surviving getting an irate, kamikaze, spread eagled cat into a cat carrier for his journey to the vet would be very welcome.
Old 26-02-2016, 13:45   #2747
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

What my relative did for a cat who had matted hair was to get someone to hold him and then shave the matted fur off. It grew back much better.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2016, 14:28   #2748
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Tried all that. He is a nervous timid cat so even petting him doesn't happen often.

Soon as I go near him more often than not he runs away. I try not to stress him too much as he also has a heart murmur which is currently a 2-3 on a scale of 6.
Poor wee thing. At least he has a understand owner that loves him.
Old 26-02-2016, 17:32   #2749
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Our rescue cat is petrified of most human contact and as far as meds go (he has Calici Virus requiring daily doses of pain killers and Interferon) we had to find an alternative way of getting them into his system. He will only eat raw meats and we couldn't make sure that he was getting his full doses but eventually we hit on giving him his meds mixed into squirty cream and now he sits waiting for his daily 'treat'. We can't give him the commercial stuff in an aerosol as they all contain sugar or sweeteners so we have to make our own which is a faff but it sure makes the job of giving him his meds easier.

Now if I could just find a home based, stress free, way of getting rid of the matted lumps of fur that this now very fit, extremely long haired cat has developed.

ah well, that's a problem that only the vet and a general anaesthetic will be able to sort out.....

.......I don't suppose anyone has one of those total cover, bomb disposal outfits going spare? Failing that tips on surviving getting an irate, kamikaze, spread eagled cat into a cat carrier for his journey to the vet would be very welcome.
Funnily enough wee TJ has long hair too and is always getting matted tufts. Can't get near him to brush. Sky the other cat loves getting brushed and has a much shorter coat.

Need to take him back to the vet to get him shaved again to clear it again. The Vet wouldn't do it last week as he was stressed enough already from the cystitis.

I've had them 7 years now. They were two when I got them from Cat protection. They are polar opposites. Sky is like a dog, waits by the door when he hears me coming home and is always cuddling in to me and the wife and sits on my lap, takes treats and even tries to eat off our plates!

TJ on the other hand, runs away from his own shadow! Won't take any treats or food off us. Wee special case lol.

Love them both though, but they are pests in their own ways.
Old 27-02-2016, 10:59   #2750
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
What my relative did for a cat who had matted hair was to get someone to hold him and then shave the matted fur off. It grew back much better.
A one off trip to the vet when everything is stable may be possible but holding him down and shaving him is not possible with our cat. His medical condition is worsened by stress and if his Calicivirus gets any worse we have no further options available to treat him.
Old 27-02-2016, 22:29   #2751
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Idiots who post 'answers' to questions on Amazon saying stuff like 'I don't know I haven't got one'...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 21:09   #2752
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Friday night was very scary for me, after years of taking Amoxicillin, I suddenly developed an allergy to it. Breathing got diffucult, head felt like it was going to explode and I felt like I was dying. Stopped them on Saturday morning, been fit since then. No problems, and had to jump through hoops this morning to get the GP to prescribe an alternative.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:59   #2753
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Friday night was very scary for me, after years of taking Amoxicillin, I suddenly developed an allergy to it. Breathing got diffucult, head felt like it was going to explode and I felt like I was dying. Stopped them on Saturday morning, been fit since then. No problems, and had to jump through hoops this morning to get the GP to prescribe an alternative.
Yes l am allergic to penicillin as well as l remember taking them 20 years ago and l had a swollen face , trouble breathing and a couple of other symptom's as well Mark and it was pretty frightening to say the least.

Your GP hopefully if he is doing his job properly will have added this to your medical info so next time you have to see him about anything like a infection or other things it is flagged up straight away.

l hope you are feeling better now Mark.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:12   #2754
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

People that post on forums with things like 'what he said' or 'this' or '^^^^^'
what's the point ?

Even worse when some body quotes someone else and amends the text and says 'there, i've amended that for you' Smug beyond belief.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:14   #2755
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
what's the point ?

Even worse when some body quotes someone else and amends the text and says 'there, i've amended that for you' Smug beyond belief.
What he said! ^
Old 01-03-2016, 13:03   #2756
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Even worse when some body quotes someone else and amends the text and says 'there, i've fixed that for you' Smug beyond belief.
<pedant> There, fiixed it for you. </pedant>

Well you did rather tempt me.
Old 01-03-2016, 18:01   #2757
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
<pedant> There, fiixed it for you. </pedant>

Well you did rather tempt me.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 18:24   #2758
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

My Note 4's been playing up and rebooting itself, so doing a factory reset

I know I'm going to lose stuff I didn't want to lose, but hey ho.
Old 01-03-2016, 20:50   #2759
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Idiots who post 'answers' to questions on Amazon saying stuff like 'I don't know I haven't got one'...

Quote:
what's the point ?

I hate that as well. I can't find it now (it would take a long time to search my posting history, so I'm not going to look for it), but I did make a post here that someone quoted me, altered the quote (with the "there, fixed that for you") and totally changed the meaning of what I'd said.. It happened before I was a Mod, and I'm not sure it's against the rules anyway, so I ended up in a little fight with the other poster.

Another thing I hate, people who use that Let Me Google That For You site to post google search results. Why do I hate it? I find it both patronising and rude. We don't know if the person asking a question has googled it and not found the answer to their question. They may also not know what to search for. If they did, why go to the effort of going to a forum, possibly signing up, the finding the right section and posting? I've seen it happen here that a new member has gone to all the effort of signing up and posting only to get a link to search results on Let Me Google That For You.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 22:40   #2760
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I hate that as well. I can't find it now (it would take a long time to search my posting history, so I'm not going to look for it), but I did make a post here that someone quoted me, altered the quote (with the "there, fixed that for you") and totally changed the meaning of what I'd said.. It happened before I was a Mod, and I'm not sure it's against the rules anyway, so I ended up in a little fight with the other poster.
Happened to me only the other day. Did think about returning the favour by amending one of the posters replies but then I'd be as childish as them. I also wondered if not explicitly against the rules it should be frowned upon as it makes a mockery of quoting. Thought about complaining but what's the point when they're a member of the team I suppose it just helped convince me my decision to engage more on other forums to be a good one - shame really as it used to be good here and I enjoyed taking part.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote