Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What game are you playing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What game are you playing

Old 28-09-2008, 13:33   #646
kingbuxton
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV/Tinternet/Phone (Home)
kingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quads
Re: what game are you playing

Quote:
Dunno why that happened to you but I watched the hovercraft go off into a tunnel it didnt just vanish like you keep saying.
Yeah, you kinda pick him up again in a bay with loads of ships on their sides, he jumps over one of them and that was the last I saw of him. Assumed it was a glitch and replayed the level and even went back to the shipyard and borded the Sub again, did it every time.

Really not enjoying it at all. Just cleared out the mine, and now it is another boring defend a position moment, the Aliens are just too hard (Not so much hard, more tedius) to kill, this is why I didn't like the original when they appeared. They take way too many hits to die and move about far to erratic for my liking.

I can't be doing with bits in games where you have to keep redoing it till you do it, lest you fluke it first go. Not a good game at all, not even for £15. I was close to grabbing a 4850 on Friday, so it could be worse.
kingbuxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-09-2008, 17:40   #647
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Just got my mits on GRID!!! OMG what an absolutely awesome game, especially as it plays maxed out on me PC an looks just as good as the 360 version.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 19:15   #648
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

Brothers in arms - rubbish!
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 20:00   #649
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

None Xbox Live is down
Old 30-09-2008, 00:04   #650
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
None Xbox Live is down
LOL! Same here
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 01:06   #651
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
None Xbox Live is down
Its down for 24 hours of maintenance, also they are upgrading the servers for some undisclosed reason, which will become clear just before Christmas.

I just found this link concerning the upgrade, looks like we could be getting avatars like the PS3

http://blogs.indystar.com/geek/2008/...live_down.html
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 01:09   #652
KroNiiK
Inactive

KroNiiK is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to KroNiiK Send a message via MSN to KroNiiK

Gear's Of War,
Lost Odyssey.
KroNiiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 16:32   #653
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
Its down for 24 hours of maintenance, also they are upgrading the servers for some undisclosed reason, which will become clear just before Christmas.

I just found this link concerning the upgrade, looks like we could be getting avatars like the PS3

http://blogs.indystar.com/geek/2008/...live_down.html
Yep... we are getting avatars and loads of other crap...

the new avatars look like Miis from Wii

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36412.html?type=
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 13:54   #654
smeagoly1
Inactive

Services: Bugger all now apart from 8meg ADSL and only 2 meg at best!!!! I want my 20meg cable back!
smeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nice

Silent Hunter III, as i got it free when i bougth the missus her laptop.

She's rather worried that I want to buy a wolpack captains hat
smeagoly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 13:58   #655
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Still World of Warcracft, going for my first Karazhan speedrun tonight 3hours and all bosses down is the target
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 15:56   #656
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

The Force Unleashed, which I'm really enjoying - particularly good for the expansion of Star Wars canon.

The only downside (although only a minor one in my opinion) is that it could have benefitted from being more of a 'sandbox'-type instead of the linear progession that it's got but, frankly, I think it's good anyway
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 15:58   #657
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I am sitting playing elite (bbc'b' version) on my laptop at my dad's

Right on commander!
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 16:57   #658
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson T View Post
I am sitting playing elite (bbc'b' version) on my laptop at my dad's

Right on commander!
Found any space dredgers yet ?
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 17:00   #659
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Nah, lots of Hermits though

And I don't know if it's down to the emulator I'm using but I seem to be getting a lot ofmi-jumps and ending up in a battle in which-space with thargoids.

Still once I take out the mothership I do get lots of alien items
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:28   #660
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

Fifa 09.
SB_07 is offline   Reply With Quote