Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What game are you playing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

What game are you playing

Old 24-09-2008, 15:01   #631
smeagoly1
Inactive

Services: Bugger all now apart from 8meg ADSL and only 2 meg at best!!!! I want my 20meg cable back!
smeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nice
Re: what game are you playing

Gone back to playing a bit of Rome Total War, then realised 3 hours later i was still playing it.
smeagoly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-09-2008, 23:49   #632
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Been playing Armed Assault with the latest patch. I can actually play it now without the PC BSOD-ing half way through every mission!

Roll on ArmA2 and Operation Flashpoint 2!
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 00:14   #633
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Crysis Warhead and Pure
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 16:57   #634
kingbuxton
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV/Tinternet/Phone (Home)
kingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quads

Crysis Warhead - so far so good....but

...............just got to the Hovercraft bit, awful, hate stuff like that, ended up floating around in a circle with seemingly no way to go getting the crap shot out of me, utter garbage.

Will try again later, hopefully this is just a blip and not a return to the last 25% of Crysis?

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

And another game destroyed by a completely shocking section that I would rather just skip than even bother with, the controls are terrible, it's bouncing all over the place, you can't see where you are going. The thing you are chasing is nothing short of comical. It vanishes off screen from time to time "We lost him" they say on the radio, a pathetic attempt at creating tension, then it reappears when you have lost some energy going in circles waiting for "We've found him".

And why have they made the games specs even higher? Most of us couldn't run the first one fully, this is even more demanding, like I am going to go spend £150 to drive a hovercraft that defies gravity
kingbuxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 17:27   #635
zing_deleted

Its only a short part of the game

I disagree I found Warhead a lot less stressful on my system than Crysis

I just finished both Crysis and Warhead. Just finished FEAR and replayed MoH Airborne. Need something new
Old 27-09-2008, 17:41   #636
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Max Payne
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 17:42   #637
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I've just been playing pipemania
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 17:59   #638
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F View Post
Its only a short part of the game

I just finished both Crysis and Warhead. Just finished FEAR and replayed MoH Airborne. Need something new
try Stalker Zing... it is worth it mate and you wont finish that game quickly either
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 19:32   #639
kingbuxton
Inactive

kingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I just finished both Crysis and Warhead
HELP! Where am I going wrong, I chased that thing into the area with the frozen ships, it jumps over the top of it, vanishes! I can see the tracks on the ice where it has supposed to have gone, through some mines half in the ice. You go a bit further and there is a huge Alien ship fighting the bad guys, and some beach houses, some guys in Nano suits. The green dot indicating where this "Lee" bloke is I can't see any way of getting to. It appears to be up on top of the cliff at the back.

Quote:
It runs like a dog for me (still on my 8800Gts). Got it set exactly as Crysis is set and it runs way worse, had to drop some detail to get it smooth, I can see where it has gone, HUGE open areas and the Gfx are amazing.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

It runs like a dog, does that work? Might be a Greyhound

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

Oh, I see. There is no finess, you just steam in, dive out and leg it up those stairs. The fact the bloke you are chasing just vanishes off the map is best forgotten I guess. I just struggled to the main base shooting those annoying Aliens only to have to kill a giant Alien, which I did, YES, I did, as the blokes meant to be helping are doing rock all but get in the way, it died, I killed off the last couple of little doods, something went bang, and I am dead.

They destroyed the last game once the Aliens/Ice appeared, and they got slated for it, so what do they do, the exact same thing

Not impressed, good job it was only £15 or it would be going back.
Old 27-09-2008, 19:52   #640
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

I've just finished Crysis warhead and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Thought it was alot better than the first game. Cant complain really for £14.99 (Well maybe I can when it has SecuRom )
Old 27-09-2008, 20:10   #641
Kard
Inactive

Services: BB-XXL, Phone-M
Kard is on a distinguished roadKard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuxton View Post
HELP! Where am I going wrong, I chased that thing into the area with the frozen ships, it jumps over the top of it, vanishes! I can see the tracks on the ice where it has supposed to have gone, through some mines half in the ice. You go a bit further and there is a huge Alien ship fighting the bad guys, and some beach houses, some guys in Nano suits. The green dot indicating where this "Lee" bloke is I can't see any way of getting to. It appears to be up on top of the cliff at the back.
There's a set of wooden stairs behind the huts, abandon the hovercraft and head up stairs
Kard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 20:11   #642
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

I am hopefully almost finished Mercenaries 2. It has to be one of the buggiest/achievement glitched games ever. Of course, it's not surprising when you know that EA are involved with it!
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 22:19   #643
kingbuxton
Inactive

Quote:
There's a set of wooden stairs behind the huts, abandon the hovercraft and head up stairs
Yeah, I saw it. You just pile in and leg it. I guess I was thinking about it way too much, I was trying to find the other bloke in the hovercraft, I came to the conclusion it had glitched when he just vanished into thin air.

Quote:
I've just finished Crysis warhead and I have to say I really enjoyed it.
To the point you get on the Submarine, that was all great stuff. Once the Ice hits and the Aliens appear, again, it goes downhill, like Crysis did.

Sorry, but when the guy you are chasing just vanishes off the level, and that is a scripted event, shocking game design. Seems like they couldn't figure out how to end that section.

"How fortunate for "CRYTEK" that men do not think."
- Kingbuxton
Old 28-09-2008, 01:39   #644
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuxton View Post
Sorry, but when the guy you are chasing just vanishes off the level, and that is a scripted event, shocking game design. Seems like they couldn't figure out how to end that section.
Dunno why that happened to you but I watched the hovercraft go off into a tunnel it didnt just vanish like you keep saying.

I also didnt take the root with the stairs I ran to the left and used the strength mode on the suit to jump up the rocks
Old 28-09-2008, 06:05   #645
zing_deleted

I am looking forward to Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway and CoD 5 but I think I am gameless till then