Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile Is The MOST Expensive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile Is The MOST Expensive

Old 29-07-2007, 18:32   #1
Derrickpetr
Inactive

Derrickpetr is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Mobile Is The MOST Expensive

Their secret is out - VM is the most expensive for downloading. £5 a MegaByte - yes that's right download a MP3 file and it will cost you about 10 to 15 quid. Orange costs 2 to 3 quid. T mobile is about the same. These charges are cunningly hidden at 0.5 pence per KiloByte - do the math!

Rip-off Richard - Do SKY provide mobiles yet?
Derrickpetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-07-2007, 18:49   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Virgin Mobile Is The MOST Expensive

Link to the proof? Would help to stop this thread self destructing very quickly.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 18:50   #3
bmxbandit
Inactive

bmxbandit has reached the bronze age
bmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze age

Secret? It's plainly written in their tariff... if you're looking to download any significant amount of data, its not a good deal. If you're not, then I think it's not bad.

I would link to it, but the site seems to be temporarily down...

edit: cached version
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 18:56   #4
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Most providers are expensive for downloading data bia mobile. I use my O2 phone sparingly in that regard as I know what the costs are and it's not good lol
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 19:33   #5
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrickpetr View Post
Their secret is out - VM is the most expensive for downloading. £5 a MegaByte - yes that's right download a MP3 file and it will cost you about 10 to 15 quid. Orange costs 2 to 3 quid. T mobile is about the same. These charges are cunningly hidden at 0.5 pence per KiloByte - do the math!

Depends on their tariff. Look at the Flext 20 tariff, data is 0.73p per KB
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 20:12   #6
Rik
cf.mega poster

Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Rik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpack

Have to agree with the original poster, VMobile are ridiculously expensive for downloading data.

When i first got my VMobile, i thought I would dabble and download a few bits here and there, checked my bill a hour later and £15!! in data charges.

Why they cannot introduce some kind of package for a fiver to download a set amount I dont know.

Apart from that tho, im very happy with VMobile.
Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 21:20   #7
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Have to agree with the original poster, VMobile are ridiculously expensive for downloading data.

I wasn't saying they aren't. I was saying that all the networks have expensive tariffs.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 08:55   #8
havaska
Inactive

havaska is on a distinguished roadhavaska is on a distinguished road

I'm on 3 and they charge £2 per mb. Interestingly, you can pay £2.50 a month and get 10mb of downloads, or £5 a month and get unlimited downloads (the current speed is about 750k).

The unlimited downloads thing is cool as you can use your phone as a modem and bluetooth connect it to your laptop and access the proper internet at broadband speeds
havaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 11:05   #9
Rik
cf.mega poster

Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Rik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by havaska View Post
or £5 a month and get unlimited downloads (the current speed is about 750k).
Why VM dont offer something along those lines is beyond me, I would gladly pay £10 for unlimited downloads.
One question tho would it be shaped! LOL! (Sorry couldnt resist that one!)
Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 14:22   #10
buckleb
Inactive

Services: Vivid 200 Tivo 500GB
buckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of light

The £5 a month unlimited offer from three is actually £5 for 1GB. It's still far better than anything else out there (as far as I can see), but it's that weasel use of the word 'unlimited' again.
buckleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 20:49   #11
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrickpetr View Post

But T-Mobile cap at £1 (or from Sept tehy charge a flat £1) per day.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 16:33   #12
UncleBooBoo

3 are the cheapest when it comes to data allowance!

£5 a month for unlimited access.

Ohh and there are rumors that sky are after 3UK although I cant see it some how!
Old 05-08-2007, 03:16   #13
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBooBoo View Post

Ohh and there are rumors that sky are after 3UK although I cant see it some how!
Depends if you intend to use it for the whole month or just for a day. You're can't just make an assumption like than when judging value
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:56   #14
fatassmichael
Inactive

Services: Vip 50 with Tivo
fatassmichael is just really nicefatassmichael is just really nicefatassmichael is just really nicefatassmichael is just really nicefatassmichael is just really nicefatassmichael is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBooBoo View Post

That is subject to a FUP of 1GB per month, also, the data usage dosent include using the mobile as a modem.

http://three.co.uk/customer/linkdocu...=1089021441077

Page 12

Mike
fatassmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:06   #15
UncleBooBoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatassmichael View Post
That is subject to a FUP of 1GB per month, also, the data usage dosent include using the mobile as a modem.

http://three.co.uk/customer/linkdocu...=1089021441077

Page 12

Mike
I agree about the 1GB allowance, companies should not be allowed to advertise something if it is infact not unlimited!

With regards to using it as a modem well it's against the terms & conditions but you can use it as one and it comes out of the allowance!