Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 15k in bank, what best to do with it

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

15k in bank, what best to do with it

Old 15-07-2015, 08:16   #16
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK
Re: 15k in bank, what best to do with it

Enjoy yourself, if you've paid up you're mortgage if not oay it in the interest only on the mortgage.

If you have no mortgage put £10k in isa and £5k on treating yaself end if the day we come into the world with nothing and go with nothing. Sad but its true why save it for someone else to spend it just don't go too made have a in case this happens fund.

I've two kids both got trust funds in insured for £160k, so owt happens to me house paid for and they both have a lot of money to set themselves off in life.
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-07-2015, 08:54   #17
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I'm spending mine.I'm retired and I see no reason to leave it to the kids and with the interest on savings I see no reason to save it.
Old 15-07-2015, 09:26   #18
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Apparently there is this guy in Nigeria.......
Old 15-07-2015, 10:06   #19
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I'm spending mine.I'm retired and I see no reason to leave it to the kids and with the interest on savings I see no reason to save it.
... and of course if you do what used to be considered the prudent* thing and save, you a) get penalised left right and centre if you find yourself in need and b) find yourself the victim of imaginative new measures to separate you from what you've struggled to save by hook or by crook.

(*before the term was redefined)
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 11:53   #20
Carlos Carboni

You can easily get 20-25%

here
Old 15-07-2015, 13:12   #21
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Considered peer to peer lending?
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 13:39   #22
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Interesting, especially this bit.

Quote:
However, from April 2016 a new 'Innovative Finance ISA' will allow peer-to-peer savers to lend out up to the annual allowance within an ISA wrapper, so interest on that portion of savings will be tax free. We'll update the guide when these ISAs are available
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 19:14   #23
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Interesting, especially this bit.
Of course that option won't be covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme in which case the risk might to too great for many to take.
Old 16-07-2015, 12:10   #24
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Buy Gold bullion......
Old 16-07-2015, 13:08   #25
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Buy Gold bullion......
But don't keep it in a Hatton Garden safety deposit vault.
Old 16-07-2015, 14:17   #26
Osem
Inactive

Or anywhere Gordon can get hold of it and sell it cheap...
Old 17-07-2015, 21:03   #27
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Another vote Premium Bonds. I've had three wins in the last three months....and I've had money in the premium bonds for only the last three months.

Do it - no question about it.
Old 18-07-2015, 08:23   #28
Carlos Carboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
Another vote Premium Bonds. I've had three wins in the last three months....and I've had money in the premium bonds for only the last three months.

Do it - no question about it.
Quote:
Your chance of winning the jackpot per £1 on the National Lottery is one in 14 million, far outstripping the one in over 27 BILLION chance of becoming a millionaire through a Premium Bond.
link
Old 18-07-2015, 10:48   #29
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I too have put money into Premium Bonds. I never expect to win the jackpot but I have won at least 2 X £25 each year for several years and so far this year have won 1 X £50 and 1 X £25. Now I realise that I could also have won nothing at all but I was doing that on a yearly basis doing the lottery so at lest this way I still have my original stake and I feel as though I am still having a flutter.
Old 18-07-2015, 11:21   #30
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Still spending mine..you can't take it with you and if I don't some scrote at some time will decide I don't need it in my old age..