Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix Issues watching TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix Issues watching TV

Old 30-12-2017, 14:18   #1
brojblue
Inactive

brojblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Netflix Issues watching TV

I have 2 V6 boxes and the following problem has occurred on both boxes on a couple of occasions. While watching live TV, for example a football match, the Netflix App starts up on its own and it can't be stopped. I cannot even return to live TV once the App has finished starting up and I can still hear the live TV in the background. The only fix is to restart the box. Anyone else have the issue? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
brojblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-12-2017, 14:40   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix Issues watching TV

There are a number of reports of this behaviour on the Virgin Media community forum.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 16:13   #3
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Happened to me this morning. Most frustrating though at least I now know it wasn't my TV.
joglynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 19:03   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Ive been called out to this and assumed it was the customers own TV, no idea how I could fix it apart from logging out netflix on the v6
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 19:56   #5
joglynne
Born again teenager.

joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Although rebooting fixes the immediate problem it doesn't actually solve the problem. I just wish the VM guys over on the community forum would give a straight answer about a proper solution to what is obviously an ongoing problem.

A fair number of different threads going back several weeks. The current reboot advise answers that customers query but when customers point out that the problem still reoccurs nothing further is suggested.

It happened to me to-day when I had my 4 year old grandson watching Bob the Builder on a kids channel. Bob was still building but the screen swapped over to the Netflix screen showing random preview screens and this was was not something either my grandson or I appreciated. Nor was the fact that, as I had to I had to reboot the V6, he missed the end of his program.

An information thread by James W stating
Quote:
A very small number of customers are seeing Netflix flashing on the screen occasionally.

A reboot of the V6 - unplug it from the power, leave thirty seconds, and plug it in again - will resolve this.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
is far from an acceptable reaction by VM.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...3585109#M23272
Old 06-01-2018, 12:25   #6
brojblue
Inactive

brojblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the replies. As you say, this should be fixed rather than expect customers to be re-boot their box resulting in missing part of what is being watched.
brojblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 15:22   #7
joglynne
Born again teenager.

I shall whisper this as I don't want to temp fate, but it appears the last amongst many reboots seems to have stopped this issue. So hopefully VMs advise actually became an proper fix.
Old 09-01-2018, 20:44   #8
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

As I have the old crappy not fit for purpose anymore Tivo Box.... I watch Netflix (through WiFi) on my UHD Smart TV... Ultra High Definition is very good.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:48   #9
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
As I have the old crappy not fit for purpose anymore Tivo Box.... I watch Netflix (through WiFi) on my UHD Smart TV... Ultra High Definition is very good.
It's well worth upgrading to the V6 now, richard, if you can. You will be amazed at how fast it is, and the 6 tuners are very handy!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 22:56   #10
Dingbat
cf.member

Dingbat has disabled reputation

Had the phantom Netflix issue on one of my V6 boxes yesterday. Pressing "Back" then "TV" on the remote seemed to get rid of it.
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote