Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV360

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV360

Old 23-04-2023, 12:34   #76
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: TV360

In my post #72 above, the quote did not come out for some reason. My extract from the article should have read:

A key factor that makes Cloud DVRs easy to deploy is that the operator can store a single copy of each show and stream it to all subscribers who recorded the show. This saves a lot on storage costs and resources of the service provider.

The italicised part of the post #72 were, in fact, my own words.

I apologise for any confusion.
Old 23-04-2023, 14:21   #77
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Handy hint - to quote from an article, place the text you want to quote in between the "begin quote" and "end quote" commands (see attachments).

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_3933.jpeg (43.5 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_3934.jpeg (56.6 KB, 141 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2023, 14:23   #78
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Handy hint - to quote from an article, place the text you want to quote in between the "begin quote" and "end quote" commands (see attachments).

Thanks, Hugh.
Old 23-04-2023, 14:42   #79
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Richard play the ball not the man...... A nice opinion piece you sourced.

Let's see what the future actually holds without spouting opinion as fact.
It's more a case of common sense. I can't prove that the moon isn't made of cheese, but I shouldn't really be being asked to do so.

You have yout belief about how it's done and others have theirs. We're not going to agree and are now going round in circles, so let's leave it there so that what the 360 can/can't & does/doesn't contemporarily do can be discussed.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2023, 15:07   #80
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You have yout belief about how it's done and others have theirs.
I have not stated any belief on what will happen. I've just pointed out the fantastical musings put out as facts . All without ignorant. " row your neck back in, old chap." comments
Old 23-04-2023, 16:48   #81
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Thumbs down Re: TV360

Quote:
I have not stated any belief on what will happen. I've just pointed out the fantastical musings put out as facts . All without ignorant. " row your neck back in, old chap." comments
I have never said anything like that.
Old 23-04-2023, 16:54   #82
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Ah it was the other one Oldboy.
Old 23-04-2023, 18:09   #83
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
That was me, and I was correct in what I said. You are questioning what I said without providing evidence to the contrary. I provided you with one of the links that supports what I wrote.
Old 23-04-2023, 20:26   #84
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
That was me, and I was correct in what I said. You are questioning what I said without providing evidence to the contrary. I provided you with one of the links that supports what I wrote.
So you were asking me to provide evidence to disprove what you were stating as fact when at that stage you had not posted any links?
Then you come up with an opinion piece. Nice.
Anyway I'll believe the link to an actual cable company over a commentary piece.
Old 24-04-2023, 08:01   #85
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
So you were asking me to provide evidence to disprove what you were stating as fact when at that stage you had not posted any links?
Then you come up with an opinion piece. Nice.
Anyway I'll believe the link to an actual cable company over a commentary piece.
I didn't post a link until you challenged me. I am simply pointing out that I have provided you with evidence of what 'recording to the cloud' means.

If you disagree, fine, but without back up of your own, your argument falls a bit flat.
Old 24-04-2023, 17:00   #86
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Services: Virgin Media Tivo Kahuna Big Bundle, phone and Broadband.
beaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the rough

I am amazed at the adverse posts outlining problems which I am not aware of.
In conclusion, I would highly emphasise that my experience with TV360 has been superb and unblemished.

TV360 does everything I need to absolute perfection - high quality vision, superb program guidance, navigation and guidance, perfect recording of individual programs or series and the voice control is fantastic.
I would highly recommend TV360.

It is due to this amazing technology by Virgin that I am able to record that unmissable "must see" mega-series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians"

Last edited by beaker17; 24-04-2023 at 17:07.
beaker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2023, 17:08   #87
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker17 View Post
In conclusion, I would highly emphasise that my experience with TV360 has been superb and unblemished.

TV360 does everything I need to absolute perfection - high quality vision, superb program guidance, navigation and guidance, perfect recording of individual programs or series and the voice control is fantastic.

It is due to this amazing technology by Virgin that I am able to record that unmissable "must see" mega-series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians"

Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2023, 17:47   #88
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker17 View Post

It's horses for courses. Whilst the majority of experiences that i've read about it have been negative (with some customers changing back to the V6, despite being initially told that this wasnt possible. This is the reason why I think that they will eventually want everyone to have the 360) If it does everything that you require, that's a good thing.and i'm pleased that you're happy with it.

For me personally, the loss of TiVo features eg QuickView etc outweighs the only benefit to me which is voice control, though your post is so pver the top that it looks like one of those paid for fake reviews you see on places like Amazon!

There's no reason to doubt either opinion.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 24-04-2023 at 18:13. Reason: Spelling & corrections. Fac HTH
Old 24-04-2023, 18:25   #89
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

The reason I suspect they want everyone on Horizon software is so they don't have to pay any license fees to TiVo anymore.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 24-04-2023 at 18:32.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2023, 18:57   #90
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Cool Re: TV360

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
The reason I suspect they want everyone on Horizon software is so they don't have to pay any license fees to TiVo anymore.
ISTR Virgin buying part of the TiVo company. I remember thinking that they'd done that to save on paying the licence fees. Can anyone remember what it was that they bought (or maybe it's a false nemory)?