Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Loyalty discounts

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Loyalty discounts

Old 03-01-2018, 11:51   #1
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Smile Loyalty discounts

Wow just coming to the end of my Sky Sports year long promotional discount and went to cancel, the friendly CS person said mind if I can check to see what I can do to help out!

Now I am still on Full House Sports Bundle but getting it for £79.25 per month for another year, result

It is amazing what deals you can get to lock you into a new 12 month contract!
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2018, 18:57   #2
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Loyalty discounts

I find VM are really good with one-to-one offers.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 21:44   #3
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I find VM are really good with one-to-one offers.
I rang them to see if I could get a new deal, initial deal about to end, nothing doing only managed to reduce price by ditching movies.

Only upside is I am no longer in a set contract.

I might return to sky who are keen for me to do that.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 15:20   #4
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

It all depends on:

1. Who you talk to about your deal, if you talk to the normal sales people they can't do anything.
2. If you talk to them nicely, they will be more likely to try and help.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 15:56   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon View Post
It all depends on:

1. Who you talk to about your deal, if you talk to the normal sales people they can't do anything.
2. If you talk to them nicely, they will be more likely to try and help.
l talked to the retentions team last night Mark and l was polite and well mannered to them and l stated that we had been loyal customers for some time but were not happy with how prices had risen and stated that we were considering our options with them and she looked at the account quickly and within 2 minutes offered us over £30 off our monthly bill for 12 months and after a quick discussion with the boss we accepted the new offer.
Old 06-01-2018, 18:33   #6
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Got up this morning and luckily checked the EPG, all sky sports HD channels missing.

Rang Virgin, it appears by removing sky movies I lost them despite paying for sky sports.

Nice of them to tell me this would happen, Indian call centres - absolutely useless
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 18:51   #7
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

Virgin Media really annoyed me. Customer for 7 years my loyalty offer had come to an end and bill was also going up by £4 at the same time. They flat out refused to do anything but give me the £4 off to cover the rise. I was told by 2 seperate people you have had 7 years worth of offers we can't do anything else so i canceled all my services. They didn't attempt to keep my business at all no call nothing and have since gone onto now TV which i find more than meets my needs. Since then i have had offers up the wazoo to turn on my tv and phone again ( i agreed to reconnected the broadband ) had they given me these offers at the time i would have stayed. Now paying £30 a month rather than the £60 i was willing to pay them for what i had.

The call centers were utter crap, my first broadband only bill was for £93 (i was still £32 in credit) had to get that changed and when they did they lost my agreed broadband fee and tried to charge me £36 had to phone up again it was a shambles. I am just holding off for this new Sky dishless service to launch as i cant have a dish on my apartment
Bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 15:30   #8
livelysprite
cf.member

livelysprite is on a distinguished roadlivelysprite is on a distinguished road

I usually phone retentions every 18 months. I've been a customer for years. I normally get £10 a month off. But today I phoned retentions and I only got £5 off my broadband and landline phone. I don't have virgin TV. So I'm on £37 a month for bb and phone. So much for loyalty.
livelysprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 21:13   #9
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 View Post
Virgin Media really annoyed me. Customer for 7 years my loyalty offer had come to an end and bill was also going up by £4 at the same time. They flat out refused to do anything but give me the £4 off to cover the rise. I was told by 2 seperate people you have had 7 years worth of offers we can't do anything else so i canceled all my services. They didn't attempt to keep my business at all no call nothing and have since gone onto now TV which i find more than meets my needs. Since then i have had offers up the wazoo to turn on my tv and phone again ( i agreed to reconnected the broadband ) had they given me these offers at the time i would have stayed. Now paying £30 a month rather than the £60 i was willing to pay them for what i had.

The call centers were utter crap, my first broadband only bill was for £93 (i was still £32 in credit) had to get that changed and when they did they lost my agreed broadband fee and tried to charge me £36 had to phone up again it was a shambles. I am just holding off for this new Sky dishless service to launch as i cant have a dish on my apartment
Interesting that they were doing this back in 2018. A month ago I know someone who was in exactly the same situation as yourself. She too would have stayed, but by the time they got round to offering discounts, she was in a contract with Now TV. Again, she is now paying much less than what she was prepared to pay VM as she has been given Now Entertainment for free for six months.

They must be losing a fortune by doing this, still, it's their own fault.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 21:20   #10
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelysprite View Post
I usually phone retentions every 18 months. I've been a customer for years. I normally get £10 a month off. But today I phoned retentions and I only got £5 off my broadband and landline phone. I don't have virgin TV. So I'm on £37 a month for bb and phone. So much for loyalty.
Does loyalty only count if you get discounts?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 21:30   #11
livelysprite
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
What do you mean?
Old 31-05-2019, 21:50   #12
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
It should be the other way round, discounts should apply to loyalty!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 21:55   #13
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelysprite View Post
What do you mean?
What I mean is what are you going to do, threaten to leave like most people and then receive the discount you want? If so that's not loyalty, that's just trying to get something cheaper.

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
It should be the other way round, discounts should apply to loyalty!
Discounts shouldn't happen, it should be one set price.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 22:00   #14
livelysprite
cf.member

Quote:
What I mean is what are you going to do, threaten to leave like most people and then receive the discount you want? If so that's not loyalty, that's just trying to get something cheaper.

NTL started this loyalty thing. I've just gotten used to asking for it every year. Yes, I just want something off the price. It's not loyalty but on my contract it says "loyalty customer discount".
Old 31-05-2019, 23:06   #15
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:

I don't agree with threatening to leave as a bargaining position if you don't actually want to leave but there's nothing wrong with ringing up when you're out of contract / after a price increase to ask for a better deal. VM really push their luck with their constant inflation busting price rises, relying on customer inertia and apathy to boost their coffers. Maybe if more people bothered to ring up and negotiate VM might start offering more realistic and stable prices. But yes I agree there should be one one set (reasonable, fixed for at least a year) price.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote