Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2018, 20:19   #1621
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

What they imo need to do now is get all the HD varients they can. AMC dare I say Atlantic and I personally would like The Vault added.

Off course the return of UKTV would be nice for me and the rest of those who want them.

Its a shame as with the additions of some of the new channels if it were not for the UKTV channels leaving they could of boasted about improving the channel offering. Love nature HD and Paramount HD are good additions imo but the others meh.
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2018, 20:29   #1622
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
With all the On Demand we have access to these days, I don't really think we need the +1 channels at all anymore.
Not sure I agree with that. The TiVo is first & foremost a great recording box, and it's always better to have a program on your local box than be relying on the outside world for it. +1 channels do help with scheduling clashes.

OnDemand is a great insurance policy, but also if you find yourself weeks or months behind recordings for whatever reason - OnDemand is going to be limited, recordings won't be.

And didn't Sky at one point have a few +2 channels? That's taking it a bit far IMO, but the point probably stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post

Its a shame as with the additions of some of the new channels if it were not for the UKTV channels leaving they could of boasted about improving the channel offering. Love nature HD and Paramount HD are good additions imo but the others meh.

That thought had crossed my mind too. There were some very good additions last week, but it was (rightly IMO) lost in the bad news.

If the dispute is resolved in the next week or so, I can see VM especially going to town with the publicity.

Last edited by japitts; 28-07-2018 at 20:31. Reason: Adding quote
Old 28-07-2018, 22:57   #1623
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Most of the new additions were either timed to launch at the same time as the withdrawal of the UKTV channels or launched specifically to try and counteract the removal.

Having said that, apart from channels being withheld from VM, if the UKTV channels return, we will have almost channel parity with Sky (excluding the ones of no interest to most people).

People mostly seem to want:

- The return of the UKTV channels.

- MTV Classics.

- Disney HD.

- Some of the football club channels.

- The missing music channels such as The Vault.

I too still find the +1 channels useful for recording clashes on occasion. They aren't going away anytime soon as it's a cheap way to increase advertising revenue.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 28-07-2018 at 23:00.
Old 29-07-2018, 11:15   #1624
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Most of the new additions were either timed to launch at the same time as the withdrawal of the UKTV channels or launched specifically to try and counteract the removal.

Having said that, apart from channels being withheld from VM, if the UKTV channels return, we will have almost channel parity with Sky (excluding the ones of no interest to most people).

- MTV Classics.

- Disney HD.

I too still find the +1 channels useful for recording clashes on occasion. They aren't going away anytime soon as it's a cheap way to increase advertising revenue.
You missed the best ones - Sky Atlantic and AMC!
Old 29-07-2018, 11:30   #1625
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Premier Sports have tweeted that Premier Sports 2 should be available on channel 552 from Tuesday.
Old 29-07-2018, 12:28   #1626
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

With the V6 having 6 tuners and shows repeated constantly throughout the week they are aired, the need for +1 channels is diminishing.

Shame the +1s aren't in HD too. I guess that's why I don't use them.
Old 29-07-2018, 14:19   #1627
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
With the V6 having 6 tuners and shows repeated constantly throughout the week they are aired, the need for +1 channels is diminishing.

Shame the +1s aren't in HD too. I guess that's why I don't use them.
As you say, record ability means I have never watched/recorded a +1 channel - the only SD channel I ever watch is Freesports (as others have said the PQ is atrocious)
Old 29-07-2018, 14:57   #1628
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You missed the best ones - Sky Atlantic and AMC!
I deliberately missed out those not yet available to VM, but I suspect those would otherwise be at the top of the list.

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
As you say, record ability means I have never watched/recorded a +1 channel - the only SD channel I ever watch is Freesports (as others have said the PQ is atrocious)
The introduction of Freesports HD has been delayed, despite their previous hype and advertising.

Questions put to them about this are being ignored.

I suspect the idea was for VM to launch it in HD, but because of the delay and desire to quickly get replacement channels on air, we got the SD version as an interim measure.
Old 29-07-2018, 15:41   #1629
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
Not sure I agree with that.

The TiVo is first & foremost a great recording box, and it's always better to have a program on your local box than be relying on the outside world for it. +1 channels do help with scheduling clashes.

OnDemand is a great insurance policy, but also if you find yourself weeks or months behind recordings for whatever reason - OnDemand is going to be limited, recordings won't be.
Yes, but if they replaced the remaining Tivos with V6s, recording clashes would be a thing of the past.
Old 29-07-2018, 19:17   #1630
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

At peak times, sometimes even 6 tuners isn't enough though. (I prefer to record things as opposed to watching it on demand and there isn't any on demand for radio on VM).
Old 29-07-2018, 21:20   #1631
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
At peak times, sometimes even 6 tuners isn't enough though. (I prefer to record things as opposed to watching it on demand and there isn't any on demand for radio on VM).
Get another v6 box lol
No more clashes again.

I know the VIP package now offers 2, but joking aside, it might be worth considering another if you record lots

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 29-07-2018 at 21:29.
Old 30-07-2018, 03:44   #1632
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I can manage 99.9% of the time with repeat showings and the +1 channels, so it wouldn't be worth paying the extra cost.

Out of interest, how much is a 2nd box? Don't you have to pay an upfront cost for it and then pay extra every month?
Old 30-07-2018, 08:20   #1633
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I can manage 99.9% of the time with repeat showings and the +1 channels, so it wouldn't be worth paying the extra cost.

Out of interest, how much is a 2nd box? Don't you have to pay an upfront cost for it and then pay extra every month?
I think it's either 6.99 or 7.99 a month. If you have vip you probably entitled to another one anyway.

I'm not sure about the one off costs. Sometimes they do waiver the activation fee.
Old 30-07-2018, 16:53   #1634
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Radio Times has confirmed that Sky Cinema Hits will become Sky Cinema DC Superheroes from August 3rd til August 19th. More Sky Cinema Pop Up Channels to follow:

Channel nume - Start - End date:
DC Superheroes – 3rd August – 19th August
Denzel – 18th August – 27th August (Maybe on Sky Cinema Greats)*
Adventure – 20th August – 2nd September (Maybe on Sky Cinema Hits or Sky Cinema Action)*

*The Pop Up channels numbers to be confirmed.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 30-07-2018, 19:08   #1635
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

- MTV Classics.

- Disney HD.

Sorry Richard do not want or miss any of these channels. In fact would quite happy if a lot of the channels just went. Most of my TV is now Netflix or BBC