Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 13-05-2004, 13:48   #46
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Last film I saw at the cinema: Scooby Doo 2. An OK film, but I have to admit the main reasons I watched it are Linda Cardinelli (plays Velma, and Sam in ER) and Sarah Michelle Geller (plays Daphne, and Buffy in Buffy). 7/10.

Last film I saw on DVD/video: Can't really remember. It's Underworld or League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and I thoroughly enjoyed both.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-05-2004, 03:26   #47
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

"Dungeons & Dragons: The Movie" (DVD - only a fiver, LOL)

Script & acting...not great, but I've seen much worse.

FX & action were OK.

The main hero (played by Justin Whalin - Jimmy Olsen from "Lois & Clark") was...OK.

The female lead (Zoe McLellan) was...quite nice, in a "smart & sexy" way (I have a weakness for brainy brunettes)

The "Empress" character (played by Jane Burnham - the daughter in American Beauty) was a bit of a poor "Queen Amidala wannabe".

The "comedy sidekick" character was annoying & unfunny...which is to be expected from any character played by Marlon Wayans IMO.

The main bad guy, however, was played by a wonderfully OTT Jeremy Irons. Each scene with him was great, just for his cheesy & OTT acting. His main henchman (Bruce Payne) was also good in a cheesy & OTT way.

Hmm.

Not a great movie, but not crap.

6/10.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2004, 03:40   #48
darkangel
Inactive

darkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the rough

van helsing 8/10
good film some dodgy acting but interesting ideas had a bit of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen feeling about it.

dawn of the dead 2004 6/10
hollywood remake enough said really, not bad acting nothing stood out script wise etc, not as good as the original film
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004, 02:35   #49
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

"Thirteen Days" (DVD) - 8/10

Very good dramatisation of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Well made, with a good cast (despite Kevin Costner's baffling accent).

Well paced, & manages to increase the tension despite you knowing how it ends.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004, 11:12   #50
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

"Equilibriam" (no idea if i spelt that correctly) interesting film, bit matrixesque in parts, with a bit of a moral to the story 7/10
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004, 11:45   #51
Mr_Burns
Inactive

Mr_Burns is an unknown quantity at this point

Kill Bill Vol2 at the Cinema a couple of weeks ago (7/10).....much preferred Vol1. Far too much dialogue about her daughter, etc. and just wanted to see Uma kick ar$e. A bit disappointed with the ending as well.

Sense and Sensibility on DVD a couple of nights ago 9/10.
Mr_Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004, 13:12   #52
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Defiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to Defiant Send a message via AIM to Defiant Send a message via MSN to Defiant Send a message via Yahoo to Defiant

Watched Agent Cody Banks 2 with my son last night. I'd give that 6/10
Defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004, 13:21   #53
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Left Behind (www.leftbehind-themovie.com) - I suspect not many people here will have heard of it, it's a modern day take on Revelations. It started off as a series of books which were awesome (sold more than 50 million) and it was only going to be a matter of time before they made a film.

Saying that.....the film is truly awful. Terrible acting, VERY low budget effects, poor casting, sub-plots which don't make sense....

I bought the DVD as it was on special offer - this doesn't even come up to the standard of a made-for-tv film, which is a shame as it should have been a LOT better.

3/10.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004, 15:55   #54
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Van Helsing

well what can i say van boring this movie sucked big time there was just not enough story to keep it going at any sort of pace whatever plot there was just made the picture even worse and as for kate backinsale's fake transylvanian accent don't go there !!!

half of one point/10
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004, 18:24   #55
Miss C
Inactive

Miss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about them

Finally saw Pirates of the Caribbean a couple of weeks ago after avoiding it for a long time because I was worried I wouldn't enjoy it. Great fun though and with some very pleasing men in it . An 8/10.

Saw Lost in Translation at the cinema earlier this week. Wonderful film. A 10 for me.

C
Miss C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004, 18:45   #56
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Just watched dreamcatcher - 7/10

Good - but the book is better
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004, 18:56   #57
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
Starsky and Hutch at the Cinema, we were the only two people watching it, it's very shallow (obviously) but it made I laugh!
Was it good? Ive been meaning to go and see it.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004, 19:14   #58
abailey152
Inactive

Services: 60Mb VM BB Sky+HD
abailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to abailey152 Send a message via Yahoo to abailey152

"The Big Fish" on DVD - 8/10 but phew! It's weird!
abailey152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004, 19:16   #59
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
Left Behind (www.leftbehind-themovie.com) - I suspect not many people here will have heard of it, it's a modern day take on Revelations. It started off as a series of books which were awesome (sold more than 50 million) and it was only going to be a matter of time before they made a film.

Saying that.....the film is truly awful. Terrible acting, VERY low budget effects, poor casting, sub-plots which don't make sense....

I bought the DVD as it was on special offer - this doesn't even come up to the standard of a made-for-tv film, which is a shame as it should have been a LOT better.

3/10.
i agree the film was a complete let down. The characters, i thought, were badly cast, however i tried buying a copy but apparently it is american so not compatible over here

saw dreamcatcher a while ago too and i agree with miss c it was fantastic
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2004, 19:25   #60
Defiant
Permanently Banned

Defiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to allDefiant is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to Defiant Send a message via AIM to Defiant Send a message via MSN to Defiant Send a message via Yahoo to Defiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey152
"The Big Fish" on DVD - 8/10 but phew! It's weird!
I'd say. Its Micheal Jackson weird
Defiant is offline   Reply With Quote