Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NFL season 2010/2011

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NFL season 2010/2011

Old 11-09-2010, 17:45   #31
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Re: NFL season 2010/2011

It will be the 21:05 or 21:15 games.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2010, 19:03   #32
Lew
Inactive

Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Oh boy, have I ever missed Sunday NFL Countdown!
Old 12-09-2010, 21:33   #33
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Why do we always have to watch teams take knees when the other game has already started? Why do Sky never switch to the other game when the first one is clearly over?
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 22:06   #34
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Remember guys if you're recording C4's game tonight to also set the program after to record in case of extra time
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 22:20   #35
Lew
Inactive

Or set a manual record with plenty of time.

Apparently the game will also be available to watch on 4OD as well.
Old 13-09-2010, 00:40   #36
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
Oh boy, have I ever missed Sunday NFL Countdown!
Yep great show, really missed it.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 01:35   #37
Lew
Inactive

Channel 4's coverage is great so far, and even if it's not it HD at least it's in widescreen. Mind you, with Imlach and Carlson at the helm it could be in Marconi 405-line and I'd be happy.
Old 13-09-2010, 13:32   #38
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Channel 4's coverage is great so far, and even if it's not it HD at least it's in widescreen. Mind you, with Imlach and Carlson at the helm it could be in Marconi 405-line and I'd be happy.
I loved the opening of the show and of course the choice of Music. I thought Gary and Mike did a good job. Gary kept Mike under control and the whole thing felt more professional than when it was on five.
Old 19-09-2010, 01:19   #39
Big Red
Inactive

Services: VIP50
Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one

Nice to see NFL at a normal time and on Sky Sports HD

Sunday September 19th
6:00pm
Sky Sports 2
Chicago @ Dallas

Sunday September 19th
9:15pm
Sky Sports 2
New England @ NY Jets

I missed the C4 Sunday/Early Monday Kick Off, I know it starts at 1am but what time is actual KO time?

I maybe wrong but I dont recall this much live NFL last season, I know the ESPN deal was new but has C4 always had NFL and Ive just missed it?

At the moment I can not keep up or shall I say stay up
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 04:56   #40
NoKnowledge
Inactive

NoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to the Jets doing a number on Brady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
I missed the C4 Sunday/Early Monday Kick Off, I know it starts at 1am but what time is actual KO time?
1.20 am
NoKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 12:24   #41
Lew
Inactive

Quote:
I maybe wrong but I dont recall this much live NFL last season, I know the ESPN deal was new but has C4 always had NFL and Ive just missed it?
Last season there was no Monday Night Football in the UK, and Sunday Night Football aired on Five. There was also no Sunday NFL Countdown or Monday Night Countdown. Everything else is pretty much the same as last year.
Old 20-09-2010, 01:38   #42
Big Red
Inactive

Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one

Quote:
Last season there was no Monday Night Football in the UK, and Sunday Night Football aired on Five. There was also no Sunday NFL Countdown or Monday Night Countdown. Everything else is pretty much the same as last year.
Thanks - do we know why C4 not showing the games in HD?
Old 20-09-2010, 13:11   #43
Lew
Inactive

As I understand it it's because the studio that Sunset and Vine are using isn't set up for HD transmission, and it's not cost-effective for a niche product like the NFL. At least we're getting a widescreen broadcast rather than the 4:3 brodcast we got from Five last year.
Old 21-09-2010, 12:45   #44
Big Red
Inactive

What a game last night - having missed one game so far I must admit last nights game was the best yet.

Also not sure what others think but ESPN NFL coverage is miles ahead of Sky and C4, well that’s my opinion anyway.
Old 21-09-2010, 14:05   #45
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Quote:
What a game last night - having missed one game so far I must admit last nights game was the best yet.

Also not sure what others think but ESPN NFL coverage is miles ahead of Sky and C4, well that’s my opinion anyway.
I have not seen the game yet , but the score suggests a good game.
As a Bears Fan The best game I have seen is Da Bears win over the Cowgirls on Sunday.
The only problem with ESPN's coverage is the ad breaks other than that I really enjoy it. I also look forward to Monday night countdown it leads nicely into the game