Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Charging for Virgin Mobile Customer Service!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

hi, blackberry stolen/insurance?

Old 04-08-2011, 07:37   #1
angie-64
Inactive

angie-64 is an unknown quantity at this point
hi, blackberry stolen/insurance?

Hi I have 2 contracts, one is mine the other is my sons, he went camping last night accidently left his back in the tent to nip to shop, came back tent was trashed and his phone was gone from his bag,
When I took the contract out she asked if I wanted Insurance at £5.99 a month, I said yes, but never heard anything else, I've only just realised that I've never had anything through post regarding insurance, any help appreciated please.
I've tried ringing to report it stolen and get it blocked but I don't think they start work till 7am.
thanks

---------- Post added at 07:37 ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 ----------

Just spoke to the lady, she's blocked the phone, but said she can't see any sign of insurance, I explained that when I took the contact out by phone I opted to have Insurance, I then forgot about it (busy life), she offered a free sim but we don't have a spare phone, she said she would contact the relevant dept about the insurance and get back to me in 3 days.
Should I phone the police to report it? Do I need a crime number for when/if the insurance contact me? There's about 21 month left on the bloomin contract, kids I could ring his neck!
thanks
angie-64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2011, 07:47   #2
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: hi, blackberry stolen/insurance?

It would be a good idea to report it to the police.

Actually you have probably saved yourself some money by forgetting about the insurance as I think they would be very unlikely to pay out for a phone left unattended in a tent.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:19   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

If you told the agent it was left in your tent then any insurance would be null and void.

Your best bet is to get the sim blocked and a new one sent out, then look on Ebay for a replacement phone if you are using the blackberry services as part of the contract, otherwise you can just use any unlocked phone to carry on the rest of the contract.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 15:49   #4
angie-64
Inactive

Hi thanks, I'm not very good at lying so what do you suggest I tell the police/insurance, also a bit more advice please, if I did buy another phone and put the new sim in which phone would suggest? How would it work if it's a blackberry contract that we had? sorry to sound thick but not experienced this before, I'm just so peed off as there is still 21 months to run on the contract.
Oh and another thing I had the phone blocked just after 7am, and there was £8 ish over contract yet I 've just checked now and it's gone up to £9.50 how can that be if the phone is blocked, no one would be able to use it surely? thanks
Old 04-08-2011, 16:05   #5
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Can I just ask where you got the phone from, As if you got it from a third party they sometimes have their own insurance?
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 17:39   #6
angie-64
Inactive

Hi I got it from virgin, they don't do their own insurance now like they used to it's another company
Old 04-08-2011, 18:16   #7
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Just thought that you may have not got it from Virgin? These links may help you?

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...ing.shop.sm282

http://www.newasurion.com/asurion-ne...Conditions.pdf

Have you checked the bills as well as it may show the insurance payments?
Old 04-08-2011, 19:04   #8
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Just thought that you may have not got it from Virgin? These links may help you?

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...ing.shop.sm282

http://www.newasurion.com/asurion-ne...Conditions.pdf

Have you checked the bills as well as it may show the insurance payments?
Well in the lower link it says this below.

Quote:
Any incident where your phone’s not with you or a family member, unless
it is locked away and out of sight
Old 04-08-2011, 19:12   #9
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Well in the lower link it says this below.
Yes I read that bit, But As the op stated that they had nothing through in the post about the insurance. I thought that the policy documentation may help in regards to this?
Old 04-08-2011, 19:17   #10
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Yes I read that bit, But As the op stated that they had nothing through in the post about the insurance. I thought that the policy documentation may help in regards to this?
I pointed that out as it depends how honest the OP actually is and what they said when they first called up to get the phone blocked.

We have to play devils advocate in cases like this and as I said above if thats the case get a second hand blackberry and a new sim and warn the son not to be a fool.
Old 04-08-2011, 19:35   #11
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I pointed that out as it depends how honest the OP actually is and what they said when they first called up to get the phone blocked.

We have to play devils advocate in cases like this and as I said above if thats the case get a second hand blackberry and a new sim and warn the son not to be a fool.
Yes very true. They could have done with having the Blackberry protect on the handset, so they could set off a alarm on the handset (even if the handset is switched off) and to also wipe all the data stored on the handset as well. Also to add that you are able to trace the device as well thanks to GPS on the handset.
Old 04-08-2011, 20:00   #12
angie-64
Inactive

Hi according to the virgin lady no Insurance was taken out which I'm bloody miffed about, it was there incompetent staffs fault. I just don't know what to do now as I told her it was stolen from the tent. I think I'm going to have to ring them and just get the sim, and make son save for another blackberry, bit concerned buying a second hand one off ebay though, what if it's one that's been nicked previously? how much are they to buy new simless? thanks for all the advice by the way much appreciated
Old 04-08-2011, 20:05   #13
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie-64 View Post
Hi according to the virgin lady no Insurance was taken out which I'm bloody miffed about, it was there incompetent staffs fault. I just don't know what to do now as I told her it was stolen from the tent. I think I'm going to have to ring them and just get the sim, and make son save for another blackberry, bit concerned buying a second hand one off ebay though, what if it's one that's been nicked previously? how much are they to buy new simless? thanks for all the advice by the way much appreciated
You can buy phones here http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from=...All-Categories
Old 04-08-2011, 20:12   #14
angie-64
Inactive

or do you suggest I say he lost it from his person while out playing football? Not sure tbh if she heard me say that it was nicked from a tent she was more concerned with blocking it.

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Thanks looks like he'll be saving up for a bit then.
Old 04-08-2011, 20:27   #15
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie-64 View Post
or do you suggest I say he lost it from his person while out playing football? Not sure tbh if she heard me say that it was nicked from a tent she was more concerned with blocking it.

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Thanks looks like he'll be saving up for a bit then.
They may have recorded the call so you need to be careful, if you know the model look on Ebay and you may get a good deal.