Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 27-02-2017, 11:53   #481
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
As I've said previously, that trump has some Goldman Sachs representatives was a concern. This would be in the same category.

But to infer that Trump is a Globalist is nonsense. It was obvious from the get-go that the BBC were very anti Trump, so I decided to find out what Trump was actually saying, to make up my own mind on his policies.

His campaign speeches, and his speeches since then are readily available on Youtube, of which I watched a good number of in full.

No one listening to those speeches could get even a glint of a globalist agenda. His emphasis on one to one trade deals is a good example. One of the main ways globalism is 'back-doored' is multinational trade deals. which bring multinational laws with them. Trump is against those deals.

I loved this bit from his CPAC speech (44 minutes in) re globalism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXWBcDz3Y68

Trust me, I will be monitoring President Trump. He has made a lot of promises, and I'm as keen as anyone to make sure he keeps them. The only policy areas I don't have an opinion on is health care and taxation, simply because I don't know enough about the USA in these areas. That still leaves me a lot to monitor though.
In respect of globalisation, you need to judge him from his actions like his appointees and not his speeches. Lke most politicians, he has a habit of telling audiences what they want to hear.

His appointment of McMaster as national security adviser is a great move, this is a very interesting read. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...curity-adviser

Last edited by 1andrew1; 27-02-2017 at 11:58.
Advertisement
Old 27-02-2017, 12:51   #482
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
In respect of globalisation, you need to judge him from his actions like his appointees and not his speeches. Lke most politicians, he has a habit of telling audiences what they want to hear.

His appointment of McMaster as national security adviser is a great move, this is a very interesting read. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...curity-adviser

You are determined to convince people that Trump is bad and Brexit is bad. That is your right to do so.

But other people will draw own conclusions. I've done my research and I can see no evidence of Trump taking a globalist stance; quite the opposite; he believes in Sovereign Nations. And he's the boss. His policy will be what he said in his speeches.

Steve Bannon confirmed that in his CPAC speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsTh...kv64yhGbdSD37f
Old 27-02-2017, 13:07   #483
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
You are determined to convince people that Trump is bad and Brexit is bad. That is your right to do so.

But other people will draw own conclusions. I've done my research and I can see no evidence of Trump taking a globalist stance; quite the opposite; he believes in Sovereign Nations. And he's the boss. His policy will be what he said in his speeches.

Steve Bannon confirmed that in his CPAC speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsTh...kv64yhGbdSD37f
I've just commended Trump on one of his actions. I'm interested in discussing him. I'm not saying being anti-globalist is wrong or right, I'm just pointing out his many globalist connections and advisers.
Old 27-02-2017, 13:31   #484
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
The BBC (British Bullsh*t Corporation) would claim that. We were not told of the true and full extent of the EECs political aims at that time, It was sold to us as a purely trade membership.

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

The countless demonstrations, many riots and the visceral outpouring of toddler grade angst and frustration bear testimony to that statement

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

In your echo chamber

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

That is amazingly blind. Pie (one of your lefty friends) tells it like it is link. You liberals really can't accept liability for closing down debate, can you?
Why are you so consistently hostile? Do you really want a forum where everyone just posts self-congratulatory right-wing opinions?

I am not sure how I have "closed down debate"? It seems that your attitude to different opnions is more aligned to this accusation.

As far as I can see Pie is not a real person, just a work of Satire. He is not my "friend" although I do agree (with "him") that Clinton was a monumental mistake and that Sanders was the best opponent for Trump.
Old 27-02-2017, 13:34   #485
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
But to infer that Trump is a Globalist is nonsense. It was obvious from the get-go that the BBC were very anti Trump, so I decided to find out what Trump was actually saying, to make up my own mind on his policies.
He certainly was anti-globalist in this campaign rhetoric. However is there much evidence of him taking that approach before then? He wasn't shy about outsourcing his products to Asian countries, rather than American ones, as a businessman. Now he has appointed bankers to senior positions. Surely if you believe these people are in cahoots then senior members of Goldman Sachs would be part of it.

As a sidenote I find it bizarre how quickly the right has become the cheerleaders for protectionism.
Old 27-02-2017, 13:35   #486
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
. I'm interested in discussing him. .

I'm interested in discussing the policies he promised to implement.
Old 27-02-2017, 13:37   #487
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
As far as I can see Pie is not a real person, just a work of Satire. He is not my "friend" although I do agree (with "him") that Clinton was a monumental mistake and that Sanders was the best opponent for Trump.
Pie is an idiot. His latest video blames Labour's electoral struggles on everyone but Corbyn. He is a hard-left 'comedian' who gets paid by RT (or did).
Old 27-02-2017, 13:57   #488
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I'm interested in discussing the policies he promised to implement.
I'm interested in the whole lot - the people he appoints, his speeches, his policies, his relationships with Russia, China, the EU etc. It's a fascinating time for the World regardless of your political standpoint.
Old 27-02-2017, 14:29   #489
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Amuses me that with the Oscars faux pas dominating the headlines nobody is reporting any anti-Trump speeches by the luvvies.

Last edited by heero_yuy; 27-02-2017 at 14:30. Reason: Missing space
Old 27-02-2017, 15:07   #490
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Amuses me that with the Oscars faux pas dominating the headlines nobody is reporting any anti-Trump speeches by the luvvies.
They didn't make that many in the end. The only real one was Kimmel have a joke at his expense at the start.
Old 27-02-2017, 15:10   #491
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
It's about time that award show was scrapped, infact scrap them all. We don't need to listen to so called jumped up celebrities who stand on a platform that is meant to award for Arts and Entertainment but it's just another episode of their warped sense of political views, mainly liberal.

I laugh at their total hypocrisy. They call Trump on his border wall and his extreme vetting. But after they leave, to go to an after party, that only celebrities can attend, they have guards at the entrance with a list of who can enter, isn't this extreme vetting?

After the party, they will venture back home to their millionaire homes, with big Security Walls ALL around them.

Celebrities are the biggest hypocrites!!!
Old 27-02-2017, 15:28   #492
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
He certainly was anti-globalist in this campaign rhetoric. However is there much evidence of him taking that approach before then? He wasn't shy about outsourcing his products to Asian countries, rather than American ones, as a businessman. Now he has appointed bankers to senior positions. Surely if you believe these people are in cahoots then senior members of Goldman Sachs would be part of it.

As a sidenote I find it bizarre how quickly the right has become the cheerleaders for protectionism.

I've already voiced my unease about Goldman Sachs representatives being involved in an earlier post, with relevant comments on it.

I don't see it as protectionism at this point in time. He's doing what any sensible US leader should do; bringing jobs back to the US, that greedy companies have outsourced to other countries to up their profits by using cheap labour. Once we leave the EU, Britain should do the same, wherever it can. Sadly UK governments don't have the same clout as the US does in this area. Also, we have different circumstances.

He has promised to do fair trade deals with other countries.

It's true that we need to monitor these trade deals,, especially, for us, the UK one. But speculating on them, before they even begin is pointless.
Old 27-02-2017, 15:39   #493
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I've already voiced my unease about Goldman Sachs representatives being involved in an earlier post, with relevant comments on it.
I wonder if one of Trump's inner circle will change his views. Back in November, Trump adviser Gary Cohn, then Goldman Sachs president and chief operating officer explained why he employed people in Bangalore, “We hire people there because they work for cents on the dollar versus what people work for in the United States.”
Old 27-02-2017, 15:51   #494
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
I wonder if one of Trump's inner circle will change his views. Back in November, Trump adviser Gary Cohn, then Goldman Sachs president and chief operating officer explained why he employed people in Bangalore, “We hire people there because they work for cents on the dollar versus what people work for in the United States.”

Exactly why I have concerns. But he is now working for a boss who's declared policies are against that sort of thing. He needs to obey his boss. These guys have expertise in financial markets. That expertise needs to be refocused to line up with Trump's policies.

Last edited by passingbat; 27-02-2017 at 16:05.
Old 27-02-2017, 23:31   #495
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Exactly why I have concerns. But he is now working for a boss who's declared policies are against that sort of thing. He needs to obey his boss. These guys have expertise in financial markets. That expertise needs to be refocused to line up with Trump's policies.
His declared policies may be, but his actual action weren't.

Judge people by what they do, not just by what they say...

http://time.com/4465744/donald-trump...ented-workers/

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...n-workers.html

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/28/news...reign-workers/
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Closed Thread