Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 14:22   #2836
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Trump claiming credit for the fact there were no deaths from airliners in 2017: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...95478428102657
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2018, 14:28   #2837
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Trump claiming credit for the fact there were no deaths from airliners in 2017: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...95478428102657
He said
Quote:
Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!
From a Forbes article in late December 2016.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielr.../#26f391fa428a
Quote:
In A Dangerous World, U.S. Commercial Aviation Is On A Remarkable Safety Streak

Nobody died in a crash of a United States-certificated scheduled airline operating anywhere in the world in 2016.

This probably should no longer qualify as “news.”

That’s because it is the seventh straight year that nobody died in a crash on a United States-certificated scheduled airline operating anywhere in the world.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 02-01-2018, 14:37   #2838
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

It's 2018, we're approaching Trump's 2nd year in office. His critics said he would not last three months, high level folks within the FBI hope their plan would see to that. (This far exceeds the Watergate scandal) and already people finding fault with everything and anything, he says still.
Old 02-01-2018, 14:46   #2839
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It's 2018, we're approaching Trump's 2nd year in office. His critics said he would not last three months, high level folks within the FBI hope their plan would see to that. (This far exceeds the Watergate scandal) and already people finding fault with everything and anything, he says still.
Obama was in office for 8 years and people still find fault with what he says. Which is fair enough, surviving a year doesn't make him right.

Trump is wrong to in anyway claim credit for the lack of civil aviation deaths. This is a worldwide statistic and plane safety doesn't transform overnight or in a year. It's not really a big deal, more mocking him really.

Last edited by Damien; 02-01-2018 at 15:06.
Old 02-01-2018, 15:49   #2840
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Obama was in office for 8 years and people still find fault with what he says. Which is fair enough, surviving a year doesn't make him right.

Trump is wrong to in anyway claim credit for the lack of civil aviation deaths. This is a worldwide statistic and plane safety doesn't transform overnight or in a year. It's not really a big deal, more mocking him really.
I did not say either way if he was right or wrong, I just don't care.

Each President has their own failings, the current one having narcissistic traits (So his critics say).

But the issues coming out about the former president and his subordinates are growing and growing.

As you're referring to President Obama, it is not just what Obama said but did or did not do. Like failing to act when that red line of his was crossed when Assad conducted another Gas attack on his own citizens, women and children.

Failing to act when Russia Annexed Crimea.

Still issues surrounding the Uranium One deal which has resulted in the DOJ conducting a further investigation surrounding that arrangement based off new information that has come to light.

Accusations the Obama Administration, more specifically the DOJ, under Obama's watch, helped clear Hillary Clinton in the FBI Criminal Investigation in to her alleged email crimes. Drafts statements showing changes to key wordings that meant exoneration in the final statement and that the key person who changed that was Peter Strzok, who talked about an insurance policy, in the event Trump got elected.

You got the former Director of the FBI, James Comey, admitting to leaking to the liberal press, NYT, (Leaking is a federal crime). He is now spending his days throwing out cryptic quotes.

And now just last week new information that Classified emails belonging to Hillary Clinton when she was Secretary of State, being found on a Laptop belonging to Antony Weiner, Husband of Huma Abedin.

Emily Miller, who was a State Dept Aide, with top level clearance tweeted the following:

Quote:
As a former State Dept aide with top security clearance, I can't believe our national secrets on Saudi Arabia, Syria, Egypt, et al were on Huma Abedin's pervert husband's unsecured computer, but no one was prosecuted.
https://twitter.com/EmilyMiller/stat...26012390141959

A soldier was sent to prison for taking a few pictures of a submarine's engine room which was classed as top secret & sending it to his kids!
Old 02-01-2018, 16:42   #2841
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
As you're referring to President Obama, it is not just what Obama said but did or did not do. Like failing to act when that red line of his was crossed when Assad conducted another Gas attack on his own citizens, women and children.

Failing to act when Russia Annexed Crimea.
He put quite strong sanctions on Russia which Trump wants to remove. Considering Clinton's hawkish tone on Russia was criticised by you on here I am not sure this is a genuine complaint you have. That said we've disagreed on here on how to approach Russia so I am not going to complain if you agree we need to take stronger action than either Obama or Trump did.

Quote:
Emily Miller, who was a State Dept Aide, with top level clearance tweeted the following:
Emily Miller is a conservative commentator who was a press secretary. I would be surprised if she had top level clearance. But either way I am not sure how it's relevant. There are different levels of classified as I understand it so if it meets the standards of illegality then of course I agree they should be investigated.

I don't really have any issue with investigating alleged crimes if there is cause to do so.
Old 02-01-2018, 17:36   #2842
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Trump is a fool for yet again trying to take credit for something that was totally nothing to do with him.
Old 02-01-2018, 20:41   #2843
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Trump is a fool for yet again trying to take credit for something that was totally nothing to do with him.
He knows it's wrong but he knows a proportion of his followers will lap it up without a context.
Sadly, due to the Republicans delaying the introduction of safety equipment, the same claim cannot be made for the US railways which is daft as that should be far safer than air.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:49   #2844
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Well I hope everyone has set some time aside for Trump's FAKE NEWS awards: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...59545767841792

Quote:
I will be announcing THE MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR on Monday at 5:00 o’clock. Subjects will cover Dishonesty & Bad Reporting in various categories from the Fake News Media. Stay tuned!
It's not often the President of the United States takes the time to judge and announce an award ceremony so this is truly historic.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:30   #2845
Mr Banana

Quote:
Well I hope everyone has set some time aside for Trump's FAKE NEWS awards: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...59545767841792

It's not often the President of the United States takes the time to judge and announce an award ceremony so this is truly historic.
Wonder if he will include his personal twitter account in the awards, could point to plenty of Lies on there.

Old 03-01-2018, 19:03   #2846
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Trump has harsh words for Bannon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42560520
Quote:
Former White House aide Steve Bannon "lost his mind" after he lost his job at the White House, US President Donald Trump has said.

The president disavowed Mr Bannon after he was quoted in a new book describing a meeting between Mr Trump's son and a group of Russians as "treasonous".

The Russians had offered Donald Trump Jr damaging information on Hillary Clinton at the June 2016 meeting.

Mr Bannon's quote appears in a new book by journalist Michael Wolff.

"Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind," Mr Trump said in a statement on Wednesday.

"Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party," he continued.

"Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn't as easy as I make it look.

Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country."
Some more details in the NY Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/u...T.nav=top-news
Quote:
“Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was,” Mr. Trump added. “It is the only thing he does well. Steve was rarely in a one-on-one meeting with me and only pretends to have had influence to fool a few people with no access and no clue, whom he helped write phony books.”

Last edited by Hugh; 03-01-2018 at 19:13.
Old 03-01-2018, 20:12   #2847
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
"Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn't as easy as I make it look.
Wow Trump, you really are full of yourself!!

he really needs to learn how to be diplomatic and have a bit of decency(Never going to happen)
Old 03-01-2018, 20:18   #2848
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Wow Trump, you really are full of yourself!!

he really needs to learn how to be diplomatic and have a bit of decency(Never going to happen)
I've tried but I can't feel sorry for either of them. They are equally full of venomous hateful 'fake' *****.
Old 03-01-2018, 21:24   #2849
Mick
Cable Forum Team

BREAKING: Paul Manafort sues special counsel Robert Mueller saying he exceeded authority in Russia probe. (Source: Associated Press)

https://apnews.com/aaa0d483f94244e2a4eb6004847f7573
Old 03-01-2018, 21:25   #2850
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
BREAKING: Paul Manafort sues special counsel Robert Mueller saying he exceeded authority in Russia probe. (Source: Associated Press) No link as of yet...
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/u...t-mueller.html

Unusual approach - saying a Law Officer who, whilst investigating allegations of other crimes, comes across prosecutable crimes not related to the initial investigation, should ignore those crimes?

That’s like saying if some Police Officers were investigating a robbery, and found evidence of drug smuggling or money laundering during their investigations, should just let those indictable offences go by...

Last edited by Hugh; 03-01-2018 at 21:30.
Closed Thread