Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 16-01-2018, 21:48   #196
cj136uk
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media, TiVo/XL TV, XXL Internet, M Phone.
cj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enough
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
BBC Alba was launched on 19 September 2008 but some shows was added on Virgin Media via BBC iPlayer from launch but BBC Alba did launch in Scotland on Virgin Media May 18th 2011.

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...virgin-as.html

Then Virgin Media added S4C and BBC Alba to all areas in November 2012.

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...on-virgin.html

---------- Post added at 16:25 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

Not been given any information on any more channels testing as of December 2017.

Some new channels may launch by end of 2018.

Calling JJ20X where are you?
Media boy my information is different. However I notice you keep saying stv AD is testing and will be available in Scotland. STV doesn’t cover the whole of SCOTLAND. Text book error.
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2018, 23:54   #197
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, with two boxes, you do get 2TB, the same as a Sky Q box with one or two mini-boxes.

As for Sky Atlantic and UHD content, these are not V6 issues.

From what I have seen (and both my daughters have Sky Q), the capability of both the V6 and the Sky Q are very similar indeed.
Interesting OB, both are no doubt cracking pieces of kit until SKY and VM bugger them up with a dodgy software update lol.
Old 17-01-2018, 03:00   #198
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Not been given any information on any more channels testing as of December 2017.

Some new channels may launch by end of 2018.

Calling JJ20X where are you?
January updates have been a little slow with some of the scan support team down with the flu, although not much has actually happened.

Frequency changes took place in Carlisle, then Birmingham TDN and, most recently, in Poole.

SID 3904 France 24 (French) HD was detected but had already replaced SID 1505 FRANCE24 (FRANCAIS) by the time the scan data had been processed. It was quite a rapid change by VM standards.

SID 1813 The Community Channel has been rebranded as Together, as expected.

No major developments so far this year.

Placeholder services SID 654 BBC Three SD, SID 952 Bike, SID 3984 Sky Ocean Rescue HD & SID 4051 BBC Three HD have all been removed from the SDT & the NIT.

---------- Post added at 02:00 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj136uk View Post
Media boy my information is different. However I notice you keep saying stv AD is testing and will be available in Scotland. STV doesn’t cover the whole of SCOTLAND. Text book error.
That would be an interesting point if ITV Border Scotland was available on any of VM's Scottish regional networks, but it isn't.

Old 17-01-2018, 06:08   #199
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Interesting OB, both are no doubt cracking pieces of kit until SKY and VM bugger them up with a dodgy software update lol.
Why would they bugger it up? as generally both their software updates over the years have gone pretty well.
Old 17-01-2018, 06:29   #200
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
January updates have been a little slow with some of the scan support team down with the flu, although not much has actually happened.

Frequency changes took place in Carlisle, then Birmingham TDN and, most recently, in Poole.

SID 3904 France 24 (French) HD was detected but had already replaced SID 1505 FRANCE24 (FRANCAIS) by the time the scan data had been processed. It was quite a rapid change by VM standards.

SID 1813 The Community Channel has been rebranded as Together, as expected.

No major developments so far this year.

Placeholder services SID 654 BBC Three SD, SID 952 Bike, SID 3984 Sky Ocean Rescue HD & SID 4051 BBC Three HD have all been removed from the SDT & the NIT.

---------- Post added at 02:00 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

That would be an interesting point if ITV Border Scotland was available on any of VM's Scottish regional networks, but it isn't.
Is TCC still on Freeview for two hours, or has Together replaced that too?
Old 17-01-2018, 14:17   #201
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Why would they bugger it up? as generally both their software updates over the years have gone pretty well.
I'm still seething about the old TiVo 'update' that disabled the optical output a while back... Only took a year to fix it
Old 17-01-2018, 14:21   #202
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
I was being sarcastic.
Old 17-01-2018, 14:34   #203
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Is TCC still on Freeview for two hours, or has Together replaced that too?
TCC is no longer connected to the Community Channel and is still on Freeview overnight. Together has launched on COM8 on Freeview, it will be interesting to see how long it stays there.

Old 19-01-2018, 14:34   #204
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I was having a good look at what Sky Q was like to use yesterday, and I must say that I do prefer the V6. I really don't like the way you have to download all the catch up and on demand stuff. If you have restrictions on your data usage, this method of watching on demand would surely put you off using it.

All in all, I can see nothing about the Sky Q that attracts me to change over.

If Virgin decide to provide us with some juicy 4k content this year, they will be doing very well against Sky, in my opinion.

If all we had was the old Tivos, it would be a different story!
Old 19-01-2018, 15:47   #205
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I was having a good look at what Sky Q was like to use yesterday, and I must say that I do prefer the V6. I really don't like the way you have to download all the catch up and on demand stuff. If you have restrictions on your data usage, this method of watching on demand would surely put you off using it.
If you have restrictions on your home broadband data using the likes of YouTube , Netflix and Amazon would have the exact same impact so I'm not sure of the point your making.
Old 19-01-2018, 16:22   #206
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
If you have restrictions on your home broadband data using the likes of YouTube , Netflix and Amazon would have the exact same impact so I'm not sure of the point your making.
What he is saying is that On Demand does not use your broadband on Virgin Media as it comes down the TV part of the connection, not the broadband part.
Old 19-01-2018, 16:42   #207
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
What he is saying is that On Demand does not use your broadband on Virgin Media as it comes down the TV part of the connection, not the broadband part.
No he said about restrictions on data usage hence my reply.

Last edited by muppetman11; 19-01-2018 at 16:51.
Old 19-01-2018, 17:09   #208
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:

All in all, I can see nothing about the Sky Q that attracts me to change over.

If Virgin decide to provide us with some juicy 4k content this year, they will be doing very well against Sky, in my opinion.

If all we had was the old Tivos, it would be a different story!
It depends if you're with SKY broadband the on demand content on your SKY+HD or SKYQ box doesn't use your data allowance if you have one.
IMO it's high time BT and SKY got rid of these silly 25gb or 30gb limit packages as there is hardly any difference in price i think £5 difference is price from bt 30gb cap to their infinity unlimited pack.
Old 19-01-2018, 17:14   #209
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
It depends if you're with SKY broadband the on demand content on your SKY+HD or SKYQ box doesn't use your data allowance if you have one.
IMO it's high time BT and SKY got rid of these silly 25gb or 30gb limit packages as there is hardly any difference in price i think £5 difference is price from bt 30gb cap to their infinity unlimited pack.
I'm pretty sure the majority of UK Broadband users now choose unlimited especially with the rise of services like Netflix , Amazon etc. As you say there is very little to be saved these days with capped offerings.
Old 20-01-2018, 13:20   #210
theone2k10
Inactive

SKY Atlantic is not going to be on VM, the article clearly states it will be on BT TV via the nowtv platform and there are no plans to launch Atlantic or Nowtv on the virgin media platform.
The article also states VM will not be getting amc either BT want to keep AMC as a exclusive.
Credit to GS1 on Dspy for the link and info. http://www.seenit.co.uk/what-sky-and...means-for-you/
Closed Thread