Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | i don't understand why people like Stock Android so much?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

i don't understand why people like Stock Android so much?

Old 11-01-2018, 22:02   #16
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter
Re: i don't understand why people like Stock Android so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Yet again linking to YouTube instead of posting your own actual opinions.

Changed your mind about Oxygen OS being the same as stock android as well?
no. i changed.. edit it because i didn't want to hurt you.

am trying to explain in a good manner because my English is poor, i might have said something wrong when trying to explain..
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2018, 23:00   #17
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Explain what so far you started a thread and then when asked for your personal opinion you just link to other sites and videos.
Old 12-01-2018, 14:07   #18
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Some of us like stock Android because we're not techhie types and are quite happy with it. It's a bit like asking why Nissan Micra drivers are happy with that experience when Bentley drivers wouldn't be. I don't run my life on my phone and in all the years I've had Android devices I've never really been unable to do anything I actually wanted to do. If people want to tweak and customise their phones to the nth degree that's fine and there are ways to do it but all I want is a phone that works when I need it and does what I want it to do. The various versions of Android I've used (v. 2.3 on) have served me perfectly well until now and will no doubt continue to do so. Android is a tool which suits my needs and I reckon an awful lot of people feel exactly the same for the very same reasons.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 14:49   #19
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Some of us like stock Android because we're not techhie types and are quite happy with it. It's a bit like asking why Nissan Micra drivers are happy with that experience when Bentley drivers wouldn't be. I don't run my life on my phone and in all the years I've had Android devices I've never really been unable to do anything I actually wanted to do. If people want to tweak and customise their phones to the nth degree that's fine and there are ways to do it but all I want is a phone that works when I need it and does what I want it to do. The various versions of Android I've used (v. 2.3 on) have served me perfectly well until now and will no doubt continue to do so. Android is a tool which suits my needs and I reckon an awful lot of people feel exactly the same for the very same reasons.
+1
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 16:42   #20
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I'm primarily an iOS user, but I have used Android quite a lot. But, for me, Stock android has some advantages.
  1. Security. While Android doesn't have that great a record for security, Google have a very good team looking for and eliminating vulnerabilities in the android components they provide. You don't know that your phone company (or whoever provided the interface your android install uses) does. Google are far from perfect, and have a disturbing habit of spying on their users, but they will have the ability to do that whatever install of android you have.
  2. Extra software (such as different interfaces, dialers etc) uses extra resources from the phone. This can mean limited storage for user data/apps, and also slow the phone down. This isn't an issue if you don't use apps, but can be if you do.
  3. You don't get a load of crap software installed because the manufacturer of the phone is being paid to do so by another supplier

Thankfully, Apple, as one of the restrictions of using iOS, don't allow the carrier (or anyone else for that matter) to replace parts of iOS (such as the dialer). In later iOS versions, they've softened that stance somewhat and do allow alternatives to the built in functions of the phone (such as alternate diallers and messaging apps), but they always require that the original function is left available if the user wants it. I still shudder when I think of the awful pink, white and grey dialler software T Mobile insisted I used on my HTC tytn instead of the standard Windows Mobile dialler.

Last edited by Stuart; 12-01-2018 at 16:48.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote