Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

Old 27-03-2014, 21:15   #211
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

Well I took the plunge and I am delighted to say I have not had a cig in nearly 2 weeks! I am amazed how easy it has been after being a hard core smoker for way too many years. I was in hospital once with pleurisy and double pneumonia and was all ready to discharge myself if they didn't let me off the oxygen to go have a cig so that gives you some idea how hooked I was.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, here's to a non smoking future
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2014, 21:19   #212
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Well I took the plunge and I am delighted to say I have not had a cig in nearly 2 weeks! I am amazed how easy it has been after being a hard core smoker for way too many years. I was in hospital once with pleurisy and double pneumonia and was all ready to discharge myself if they didn't let me off the oxygen to go have a cig so that gives you some idea how hooked I was.

Well done you and think of the money you will save
Old 27-03-2014, 21:25   #213
Jules
Inactive

Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

I know and looking round I can get the liquid cheaper than I have been paying so I can save even more
Old 27-03-2014, 21:37   #214
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I think totally wicked is a good liquid a wee bit more expensive than some but the quality is second to none IMO ...
Old 27-03-2014, 21:42   #215
Jules
Inactive

How much is it? I am paying just over £8 for a 30ml bottle at the moment but it is good stuff. Also I heard something about batteries that have a indicator on that shows you how much charge is left in them, does anyone know if they are available yet and if so where I could get one from?
Old 27-03-2014, 21:49   #216
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/
10ml £4.99 20ml £8.99 30ml £12.99
menthol is nice
Old 27-03-2014, 21:51   #217
Jules
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/
10ml £4.99 20ml £8.99 30ml £12.99
Thank you
Old 27-03-2014, 21:59   #218
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Your welcome I find this is also good ... http://www.kik.co.uk/about-ecigarettes and the prices are good ...
Old 27-03-2014, 22:00   #219
RizzyKing

Congratulations Jules if you take to it, so easy to not go back to the tobacco and if you want good quality liquid at very good prices take a look at mist eliquid I've tried a few vendors and always gone back to mist. They don't have the biggest range of flavours yet but he is adding more as time goes by. Some of the ego battery's have an led battery indicator green, yellow and red but not exact by any means. To get more accurate battery levels you need to buy a mod like the sigelei series but with a bit of time you'll get good at knowing how long your battery will last. You can have a look on fasttech for most things ecig they have a pretty wide range of everything but always read the reviews and forums so you avoid the total junk. Good luck in future hope it keeps going well for you .
Old 27-03-2014, 22:19   #220
Jules
Inactive

I am just amazed how well I have done, I got the kit on special offer with the idea of cutting down but I started using it and just didn't want a cig at all lol.

For the past 30+ years I have never gone more than 3-4 hours (yes I use to wake up and smoke during the night) without a cig!

I have ordered a couple of new batteries that have a kind of indicator on but they are also more powerfull so will last me longer

Once again thank you everyone I cannot tell you how pleased I am
Old 28-03-2014, 00:15   #221
RizzyKing

I'd smoked for over 30 years as well and switching to an ecig I thought would be hard but in the end it was so easy and now no more wheezy chest no morning smokers cough it's the best thing I did. Glad your finding it easy and enjoying the benefits with more to come .
Old 28-03-2014, 08:22   #222
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
Bulky has reached the bronze age

Just bought a ego v3 mega battery , these things are an absolute beast . Variable voltage or wattage via digi display , I moved to using the protank3 dual coil and my older batteries just weren't up to the job !!.
Old 30-03-2014, 10:17   #223
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
I'd smoked for over 30 years as well and switching to an ecig I thought would be hard but in the end it was so easy and now no more wheezy chest no morning smokers cough it's the best thing I did. Glad your finding it easy and enjoying the benefits with more to come .
Agreed. I tried just about every anti-smoking aid over a few years but always failed to break the habit. Only ecigs worked for me. OK, I still use some nicotine but I mostly mix my own and have reduced the nicotine content over time with a view eventually to just puffing a flavoured mix.

I'm seeing ecigs all over the place these days. They seem to be in common use, which is good. I just hope the EU and tobacco lobby doesn't kill them off too soon.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 13:54   #224
Nanook
Inactive

Services: VM 30Mb, Tivo 1TB
Nanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post

Congratulations! Well Done!
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 15:26   #225
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
Agreed. I tried just about every anti-smoking aid over a few years but always failed to break the habit. Only ecigs worked for me. OK, I still use some nicotine but I mostly mix my own and have reduced the nicotine content over time with a view eventually to just puffing a flavoured mix.

I'm seeing ecigs all over the place these days. They seem to be in common use, which is good. I just hope the EU and tobacco lobby doesn't kill them off too soon.
They will not do that, they will tax them to hell instead.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote