Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freesat Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freesat Changelog

Old 20-03-2013, 15:13   #61
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice
Re: Freesat Changelog

I've read that Showcase 2 has launched on Freesat channel 402. And the Travel Channel will soon be launching on freesat. Has anyone else seen this information anywhere?
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-03-2013, 15:53   #62
bennyhill
cf.lurker

Services: Tivo (1Tb), blah, blah, blah...
bennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
I've read that Showcase 2 has launched on Freesat channel 402. And the Travel Channel will soon be launching on freesat. Has anyone else seen this information anywhere?
Showcase 2 has, indeed, launched on FreeSat channel 402.

The Travel Channel story, plus Showcase 2 launch, are mentioned on - http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/ - always a good source of FreeSat information.
bennyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 16:01   #63
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Also, BBC2 HD launches on Freesat at 6am on 26 March, replacing BBC-HD on channel 109. It will be a single national version of the channel with no regional variations. This also applies to the other platforms.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 15:20   #64
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

(As of 15/04/13)

-4 added – Kiss (518), The Box (519), Smash Hits (521) and Kerrang! (524)
-1 deleted - Channel AKA (512)
-0 changed
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 18:22   #65
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Thanks for all the information I know have Showcase back again
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 18:58   #66
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I'm loving BBC2 HD. The lack of regionalisation means I don't have to suffer Gordon Brewer doing his appalling Paxo impression on Newsnicht 4 nights a week.
Old 21-06-2013, 08:19   #67
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I finally got rid of anytHing sky related lat night and got myself a freesat box. nice :-)

---------- Post added at 07:19 ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 ----------

...which is great but the only channel I'm missing is Dave - is it likely this will appear on Freesat any time soon?

I can of course still access it via the freeview tuner but oddly freeview is pretty dire here.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 08:52   #68
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

They keep insisting they're not going FTA with Dave on Freesat. Welcome to the world of the exclusive satellite deals. Sky has it sewn up, for now at least.

I think it's possible they will move in the future, but until the last few months, spot beam capacity for UK-only broadcast was quite hard to come by so moving would have been impossible, given that they show so much repeat material that they will have UK-only rights for. Encryption was the only way to ensure their satellite broadcasts adhered to the rights they have bought.

The next time their encryption deal with Sky comes up for renewal, who knows.
Old 21-06-2013, 09:02   #69
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Cheers
Old 09-07-2013, 12:58   #70
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

I got myself a little antenna just so I can watch dave
Old 14-07-2013, 13:03   #71
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

I always knew i was being watched
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 22:12   #72
bennyhill
cf.lurker

bennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the rough

CBBC HD has appeared on Channel 607. No content just a black screen.
Old 28-11-2013, 09:18   #73
bennyhill
cf.lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyhill View Post
CBBC HD has appeared on Channel 607. No content just a black screen.
...and this morning, it has disappeared as quickly as it appeared.
Old 28-11-2013, 10:58   #74
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Just a quick test broadcast then. IIRC they launch early 2014.
Old 10-12-2013, 17:54   #75
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Launched today:

BBC3 HD: 147
BBC4 HD: 148
BBC News HD: 212
CBBC HD: 607
CBeebies HD: 608