Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freesat Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Freesat Changelog

Old 04-09-2012, 01:38   #46
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Telly_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Freesat Changelog

This doesn't effect Virginmedia or Sky. Freesat customers were NEVER going to have Virginmedia installed and very unlikely to get Sky installed.

But its a fantastic addition to Freesat as you can dip in and out of it without subscription. Something that will go down well with Freesat customers.
Telly_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2012, 07:57   #47
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I've a sneaky suspicion it could be a new service with new boxes to follow , but that's purely guesswork.
There has been talk for quite some time about a second generation Freesat spec. There was speculation for a while that they were waiting to get Youview onto it but that seems to have fallen by the wayside now.

I've just bought a Battlestar Echostar PVR; it's a good thing I'm not interested in paying extra for TV services or else I might be quite peeved at being shut out of part of the service less than a fortnight later.

Still, as Telly says, in a roundabout way this is very much in keeping with the ethos of Freesat. The TV is still free, but it offers Freesat STB owners access to video rentals, 21st century style, if they want it, without any contract obligation, just the way it always used to be at the local shop.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:46   #48
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

http://www.freesat.co.uk/freetime/
http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/freesat...led-free-time/

Looks really good
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 17:58   #49
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

We will have to wait & see. I don't fancy having to pay for another box.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 18:02   #50
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
We will have to wait & see. I don't fancy having to pay for another box.
You won't have to pay for a new box. Your Freesat service will continue to work just fine for as long as your current box lives - it's just the additional services that will need a new box. But if you're happy with what you have (and I certainly am, I got my very first Freesat PVR only a couple of weeks ago), then there's nothing to worry about.
Old 04-09-2012, 18:19   #51
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Thanks Chris
Old 03-12-2012, 15:56   #52
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky News launches on Freesat TV

Quote:
Freesat has agreed a deal with Sky to add a range of channels to its subscription-free satellite platform, including Sky News, Pick TV and Challenge TV.

Sky News is now available on Freesat channel 202, delivering 24-hour rolling news coverage produced by an award-winning global operation.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/ne...reesat-tv.html
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 16:03   #53
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
With

Pick TV on Channel 144
Challenge on Channel 145
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 16:36   #54
nashville
nashville

My broadband is in another room. So how can I connect to TV without an ethernet cable. They suggest Hubs. Where do I get them & how do they work. Not clued up in these things.
Old 04-12-2012, 23:35   #55
Jameseh

Search for Powerline or HomePlugs on your preferred retailers website, they provide a connection from one plug socket to another.
Old 06-12-2012, 15:36   #56
nashville
nashville

Thanks James
Old 09-12-2012, 13:13   #57
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
It all looks good but like others don`t fancy having to fork out for a new box. Would love them to add sky sports on a pay platform then I would dump sky and buy a new box. Was waiting for Real Digital tv to launch sky sports as promised but that hasn`t happened yet. They have gone very quiet. Did email them and after a long wait I got a reply saying they were still in business and would be adding pay tv to their line up soon. Some how I don`t think that will ever happen as Freesat have too much of a stronghold on the satalite free tv
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 23:03   #58
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

BBC One Scotland HD launched today on Freesat. No retune should be necessary - it should just take over EPG channel 108. BBC One HD will no longer be visible in the EPG for Freesat viewers who have their box set up with a Scottish postcode (I.e. not even up in the 900s with the SD regional variants).

BBC One Wales HD is 'coming soon' but there is no news on full regionalisation for England as yet - for the time being they will continue to get the standard all-England feed.

Important note, however, if you have reminders or scheduled recordings set, double check that they still work. Mine are not displaying correctly in my schedule menu and my EPG (Echostar HDS 600RS), although the recordings do actually seem to be still happening when they should. I may play safe and just delete and reset them.
Old 14-01-2013, 23:25   #59
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

The Active Channel has also gone 'Active' on Freesat Channel 408.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 20:46   #60
bennyhill
cf.lurker

Services: Tivo (1Tb), blah, blah, blah...
bennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the roughbennyhill is a jewel in the rough

Russia Today HD has launched on channel 206 on HD capable boxes. Remains in SD on other boxes.
bennyhill is offline   Reply With Quote