Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released

Old 30-05-2016, 17:01   #616
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: [Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released

Chris Evans is genuinely nuts about cars.

http://www.carfest.org
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2016, 17:12   #617
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Absolutely beyond awful..........

I lasted 30 minutes before deleting the series link.

The only things changed were the presenters, Evans is still an irritating twit, Leblanc seems a complete dud and Shmitt was almost nowhere to be seen.

The original show was almost dead on it's feet. just living on the wit and interplay between Clarkson and Co. By just substituting the presenters without re-booting the show the Beeb are left with a Corpse and 3 Duds.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 17:16   #618
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Chris Evans is genuinely nuts about cars.

http://www.carfest.org

I know that, but that is not the impression I got from the show.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 17:33   #619
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
To be fair to the BBC they didn't 'kill the show'. Let's not forget Clarkson assaulted a co-worker. It's not like they had a choice.
Yes they did, they chose to sack him. They didn't have to.
Old 30-05-2016, 18:19   #620
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

What they've tried to do is copy (albeit tweaked slightly) the format but without the chemistry between the original presenters and that's why, IMHO, it didn't work. They'd have done better to come up with something new and fresh, ditching what went before. TG was due a major revamp and if the Beeb was going to remove JC (and his chums) they should have taken the opportunity to do so. I won't be watching episode 2.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 18:28   #621
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I knew it was gonna be a dud with Kris evans at the helm. Apart from hosting the Big Breakfast hes mainly known for radio work now.

His appearance and attitude and just the general package he is that is offered up to us by the BBC just doesnt work. It would have been better if they just put someone on there that didnt know anything about cars and rambled atleast it would be funny to watch.

If they ditch Evans i wonder who they will bring in?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 19:02   #622
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Alan Partridge?
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 19:05   #623
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

As I've said several times; Louise Brady.
Old 30-05-2016, 22:25   #624
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Yes they did, they chose to sack him. They didn't have to.
I am pretty sure it would be hard for an employer to justify not firing someone who had assaulted a co-worker. Might even leave them liable to be sued.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 23:35   #625
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I am pretty sure it would be hard for an employer to justify not firing someone who had assaulted a co-worker. Might even leave them liable to be sued.
I keep seeing this in the papers, they didn't fire or sack him they let his contract run out and didn't renew it.

There is a huge difference.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 23:55   #626
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
I knew it was gonna be a dud with Kris evans at the helm. Apart from hosting the Big Breakfast hes mainly known for radio work now.

His appearance and attitude and just the general package he is that is offered up to us by the BBC just doesnt work. It would have been better if they just put someone on there that didnt know anything about cars and rambled atleast it would be funny to watch.

Chris Evans was well known for TFI Friday and Don't forget your toothbrush as well back in the 90s. I've never found him annoying but then I don't mind James Cordon either.
Old 31-05-2016, 11:36   #627
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Mr Evans' has a voice like that little rattle in your car that you can't quite find to fix. Sort of just on the edge of hearing but definitely there. And only there above 30mph so you can't find it when stationary.

They tried to emulate the previous too much without the chemistry that made the previous work.

And now extending the "star in a car" seems to break the original idea where some stars are used to driving and have fabulous motors to put them in something "Joe public" can afford makes it more interesting. To give them a rally stage is not something "Joe public" will normally encounter.

But it's Mr Evans' voice.
Old 31-05-2016, 17:43   #628
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post

The new Top Gear is the best advert for why you will need a Amazon Fire stick and subscription
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 17:47   #629
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
The new Top Gear is the best advert for why you will need a Amazon Fire stick and subscription
some say its crap-and on that bombshell
Old 01-06-2016, 12:28   #630
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I know that, but that is not the impression I got from the show.
Not having a conversation with myself here, but trying to make the point a bit more clearly.

I always get the impression with Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May that beyond all the mucking around they did on the show, they have a deep and lasting love for cars of all kinds, old and new. OK, so given the choice between a new Bugatti Veyron and a clapped out MG, they'd pick the Veyron, but I felt they loved the MG as well. I got that impression to some extent from Matt Leblanc (and later read he initially trained as a mechanic which would bear that out somewhat), but I got the impression that Chris Evans was only interested in the high end sports and super cars..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote