Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 20:44   #2941
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Uninspiring to you maybe others will disagree , Strike Back and Bounty Hunters will be on my watch list.
I'll be watching Strike Back, It's been a brilliant series imo, not sure if OB meant that Strike Back was uninspiring MM, let's see what he says....
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2017, 20:53   #2942
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

I thought the promo looked pretty good, and glad Strike Back is returning - I hope the new characters do it justice.
Old 10-10-2017, 00:04   #2943
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Here is some updated info we can reveal: RED mean information updated.

1) Virgin Media UK are in talks with an broadcaster.
2) New Channels may launch (Still not testing but Media Boy Sources say rumour as set to launch by 2019).
3) Virgin Media UK are testing something - hope to launch by 2018 (Our Sources feel it will definitely be in the next firmware drop. We have seen photos of it testing. ).
4) Rumours about more new channels (Got an broadcaster name confirmed).

Info right as of October 9th.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 10-10-2017 at 00:12. Reason: Oops fix month
Old 10-10-2017, 00:09   #2944
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Info right as of November 9th.
MB HQ clearly has a very powerful crystal ball.

Old 10-10-2017, 00:11   #2945
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

2) New Channels may launch (Still not testing but Media Boy Sources say rumour as set to launch by 2019).
3) Virgin Media UK are testing something - hope to launch by 2018 (Our Sources feel it will definitely be in the next firmware drop. We have seen photos of it testing. ).

Info right as of November 9th.

Really!!! I think you are being fed duff info MB, I mean, come on, who cares about 2019, that's almost 2 years away!
Old 10-10-2017, 00:20   #2946
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
We was testing you read our posts.

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Really!!! I think you are being fed duff info MB, I mean, come on, who cares about 2019, that's almost 2 years away!
For all we know maybe the deals with broadcasters is not up the same months.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 10-10-2017, 05:53   #2947
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
He borrowed it from his master.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:34   #2948
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I'll be watching Strike Back, It's been a brilliant series imo, not sure if OB meant that Strike Back was uninspiring MM, let's see what he says....
Indeed, I loved Strike Back! It's programmes like this that encourage me to keep subscribing to the cable channels. My point was that programmes like these are all too few and far between.

I've never seen Bounty Hunters, though. I might give that a try...

---------- Post added at 08:30 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Quote:

Info right as of October 9th.
Presumably, this is the Horizon software that we were expecting within a couple or so years of the V6 launching.

Hopefully, this will include new features such as voice activation and a more up to date looking UI.

---------- Post added at 08:34 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

Quote:
I presume you are applying the well known 'coming soon' principle in which VM say something is coming in 2018 but doesn't materialise until at least the following year, MM!
Old 10-10-2017, 10:08   #2949
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

I caught about 5 seconds of OFAH on GOLD last night and couldn't help but notice they are showing it with black boxes at the sides when did that start?
Old 10-10-2017, 10:17   #2950
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The old episodes should be shown in that format - later ones are full screen.

With some changes on satellite recently - it may be they are using the correct ratio switching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
I caught about 5 seconds of OFAH on GOLD last night and couldn't help but notice they are showing it with black boxes at the sides when did that start?
Old 10-10-2017, 12:30   #2951
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
The old episodes should be shown in that format - later ones are full screen.

With some changes on satellite recently - it may be they are using the correct ratio switching.
They never used to have the black boxes down the side it's like the other older stuff they show ie LOTSW that dates back to the same era as OFAH but doesn't have the black boxes
Old 10-10-2017, 13:37   #2952
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

You may have you tv settings wrong for the correct display - but Gold is now putting out better ratio signalling.
Old 10-10-2017, 13:41   #2953
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
You may have you tv settings wrong for the correct display - but Gold is now putting out better ratio signalling.
Goodnight sweetheart is also the same obviously changes GOLD have made
Old 10-10-2017, 13:59   #2954
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Goodnight Sweetheart was also 4:3 - so should have bars
Old 10-10-2017, 14:16   #2955
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
He borrowed it from his master.
Would that master be you Den?

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Indeed, I loved Strike Back! It's programmes like this that encourage me to keep subscribing to the cable channels. My point was that programmes like these are all too few and far between.

I've never seen Bounty Hunters, though. I might give that a try...

---------- Post added at 08:30 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Presumably, this is the Horizon software that we were expecting within a couple or so years of the V6 launching.

Hopefully, this will include new features such as voice activation and a more up to date looking UI.

---------- Post added at 08:34 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

I presume you are applying the well known 'coming soon' principle in which VM say something is coming in 2018 but doesn't materialise until at least the following year, MM!
Bounty hunter is brand new it's a comedy starring Jack Whitehall, from the trailer i've seen it does look like it'll be a right hoot so i'm going to give it a try.
Closed Thread