Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 17:24   #586
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I hope you manage to get something done about it. Another trick that they use is to tell you that you must write in with your complaint to their "correspondence department" They know full well that most people won't and those that do are ignored as no reply is received.

I would be so happy if they went bust and someone decent picked up the business for a song, minus the debts they ran up building up the business.

They initially lost money, then coined it in for years and now, hopefully, new technology will supercede them and make their business model obsolete, forcing a collapse.

This would allow a newcomer to take over and reap the rewards.
I'm doing a test atm i've ordered their nowtv box and took a months movies, let's see if they cancel it they've already taken the money. If they cancel i've got them exactly where i want them. If they honor it nothing lost i've got myself a decent smart tv box for cheap.
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2014, 20:55   #587
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

In the regards the Sky debate, I feel I should add a bit of balance and say that they let me out of a contract six months early free of charge. I had to cancel when I moved out the last place I was renting and my new landlord would not let have a dish. I was not pleased with the signal I received from Sky, and overall was less than impressed with their service, but I must admit they were excellent when dealing with my leaving and did not cause me a problem in the slightest.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:42   #588
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Just to update looks like the order has gone through just had email confirming Nowtv box is on it's way, also the movie pass is still active.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:50   #589
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

More problems for Now TV customers yesterday.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/11/s...ership-refund/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27365610
Old 12-05-2014, 08:06   #590
nicknewark
Inactive

Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era

big problems yesterday, it seems that Sports Pass customers are refunded, trying to watch an episode of GOT last night was a joke. The service is not a patch on Netflix, shame really as they have some great shows.

I'm not renewing my NOWTV subs, that is for sure.
Old 12-05-2014, 16:24   #591
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Just to update looks like the order has gone through just had email confirming Nowtv box is on it's way, also the movie pass is still active.
Further update Sky have indeed suspended my NowTV account which confirms the CS were lying.
Old 12-05-2014, 18:48   #592
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I must admit I haven't suffered such problems, but I did get an email recently apologising for the drop out in my entertainment pass service, and offering me a month free as compensation. I hadn't noticed the drop out because I wasn't watching at the time, but they obviously are having the odd issue. Fortunately for me I only really watch f1 on tv and so far the service has been pretty decent, but that might be in part to the presumably smaller audience.
Old 14-05-2014, 16:53   #593
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Further update Sky have indeed suspended my NowTV account which confirms the CS were lying.
If I were you, i'd carefully check both the linear TV and Now TV contracts and look for anything that allows them to recover money in this way. I'd also do some research to confirm whether the two companies are officially connected.

If the companies are officially connected, you were misled/lied to by CS. If not, this is as ridiculous as Marks & Spencer witholding £5 of your change and passing it onto a third party because you owe them a fiver!

Additionally, even if it is in the contract, it doesn't always follow that they are allowed to do what the contract says they can do. If the contract is deemed unfair, illegal, null and void etc, the fact that you may have agreed to it is irrelevant.

Either way, my next port of call would be to lodge a formal complaint with those responsible for upholding trading standards in your area. Doing this will trigger an investigation

Let me know if I can be of any further help (I may also be able to put you in touch with a third party whose job it is to check contracts).

Good luck!
Old 14-05-2014, 17:22   #594
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
If I were you, i'd carefully check both the linear TV and Now TV contracts and look for anything that allows them to recover money in this way. I'd also do some research to confirm whether the two companies are officially connected.

If the companies are officially connected, you were misled/lied to by CS. If not, this is as ridiculous as Marks & Spencer witholding £5 of your change and passing it onto a third party because you owe them a fiver!

Additionally, even if it is in the contract, it doesn't always follow that they are allowed to do what the contract says they can do. If the contract is deemed unfair, illegal, null and void etc, the fact that you may have agreed to it is irrelevant.

Either way, my next port of call would be to lodge a formal complaint with those responsible for upholding trading standards in your area. Doing this will trigger an investigation

Let me know if I can be of any further help (I may also be able to put you in touch with a third party whose job it is to check contracts).

Good luck!
Thanks mate, well the NowTV box arrived today and it's useless without a NowTV account can't do anything, i've email skys ceo office to see if they can help and someone from Sky was supposed to be calling me back yesterday, surprise surprise no phonecall.
We've located the account in question it's a old account that was cancelled 7 years ago it seems cs did not put the cancellation through and Sky continued to bill me after i moved. Hopefully ceo office will sort this out or i'll be requesting my £9.99 back.
Old 14-05-2014, 20:07   #595
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Thanks mate, well the NowTV box arrived today and it's useless without a NowTV account can't do anything, i've email skys ceo office to see if they can help and someone from Sky was supposed to be calling me back yesterday, surprise surprise no phonecall.
We've located the account in question it's a old account that was cancelled 7 years ago it seems cs did not put the cancellation through and Sky continued to bill me after i moved. Hopefully ceo office will sort this out or i'll be requesting my £9.99 back.
Good luck with that! You know Sky have form on this sort of thing, don't you?

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2014/...ut-of-preview/ Presumably, we will soon be seeing the new BBC i-Player on VM-TV.

The BBC has made its new version of the iPlayer the default experience on computers. The new version of the online service made its debut nine weeks ago.

In a blog post Dan Taylor, head of BBC iPlayer, BBC Future Media said the majority of users preferred the new iPlayer and only 5% of our nationally-representative sample disliking the new design. They said the new interface was clearer and more intuitive.
However, there was initial disappointment that the ability to sort Categories by the most recent had been removed. The BBC subsequently restored the feature by incorporating it into the new design.

Having already made a separate Factual category, the BBC is now studying how it might filter out some of the larger diverse categories, for example Drama & Soaps, to just show crime dramas within the category.

The new iPlayer for TV is scheduled to come out of Beta in the text few weeks with updates for Android and iOS devices also on the horizon.
Old 14-05-2014, 20:10   #596
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Good luck with that! You know Sky have form on this sort of thing, don't you?
Think i've got them mate, the woman i spoke to openly admitted that the NowTV box shouldn't of been sent if there was a doubt on my account, now i record my phonecalls as i have the call recorder app and i used my mobile as unlimited calls lol, In her credit she did try to help but apparantly there is a £131 debt on my account, guess where from? From where Sky have mysteriously lost the call when i phoned up to cancel 7 years ago, to my workings i'm actually owed £1.26 by sky lol.
Ohwell nothing lost really as just created a dud nowtv account and got box up and running and using it as catch up tv service plus i sideloaded plex so got a media streamer too, can't really grumble at that.
Skys loss not mine lol.
Old 14-05-2014, 23:29   #597
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Think i've got them mate, the woman i spoke to openly admitted that the NowTV box shouldn't of been sent if there was a doubt on my account, now i record my phonecalls as i have the call recorder app and i used my mobile as unlimited calls lol, In her credit she did try to help but apparantly there is a £131 debt on my account, guess where from? From where Sky have mysteriously lost the call when i phoned up to cancel 7 years ago, to my workings i'm actually owed £1.26 by sky lol.
Ohwell nothing lost really as just created a dud nowtv account and got box up and running and using it as catch up tv service plus i sideloaded plex so got a media streamer too, can't really grumble at that.
Skys loss not mine lol.
Do sky not engage debt collectors then? You'd think they would have if they're sure you owed it?
Old 14-05-2014, 23:48   #598
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Do sky not engage debt collectors then? You'd think they would have if they're sure you owed it?
It's a account from my old address it is my old account but i know 100% i had cancelled Sky and hadn't cancelled the direct debit so they could take the final bill out which they did. Just to be safe i left the direct debit active after 6 months of Sky taking no further payments the bank closed the direct debit themselves.
My bet is Sky never cancelled the account when asked but the baffling thing is why not take anymore money then? as i'd left the direct debit active lol.
Old 15-05-2014, 12:37   #599
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
It's a account from my old address it is my old account but i know 100% i had cancelled Sky and hadn't cancelled the direct debit so they could take the final bill out which they did. Just to be safe i left the direct debit active after 6 months of Sky taking no further payments the bank closed the direct debit themselves.
My bet is Sky never cancelled the account when asked but the baffling thing is why not take anymore money then? as i'd left the direct debit active lol.
H'mmm - I'd check my credit ratings if I were you.
Old 15-05-2014, 13:40   #600
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
H'mmm - I'd check my credit ratings if I were you.
I've requested my file from Equifax and Experian, i have noodle too nothing on there.
Also i've contacted trading standards and ofcom and sent a copy of the conversation from yesterday to both.
Closed Thread