Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Blackberry and Virgin?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Blackberry and Virgin?

Old 29-12-2009, 21:24   #16
bluebrigade
Inactive

bluebrigade is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Blackberry and Virgin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
The simple fact is you don't need the BES server. You can use standard IMAP with the blackberry just fine. Saving the costs. You only need the blackberry bolt on, for browsing and email and connectivity. Simply because the blackberry, works "different" no "settings" for MMS etc, it's uses the connectivity for this. Thus, the Blackberry is connected to the "internet" 24/7 no matter what.
Do Virgin do Blackberry bolt on then?
bluebrigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-12-2009, 21:42   #17
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebrigade View Post
Do Virgin do Blackberry bolt on then?
Well they sell blackberry, so they should. So give them a ring.

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
Perhaps you'd like to elucidate webcrawler?

Is it not possible to buy an unlocked Blackberry and then configure it for use on Virgin's network?

It's simple. You buy the phone "unlocked" and things like BES might not work, you need the PIN to tie it into the network. Etc. So if the PIN has been used, its worthless.
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 14:41   #18
lilbow
Inactive

lilbow is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought a blackberry curve 8310 on eBay which I’m using on virgin sim only 30day contract of £18 package 300 x-network mins, 3000 sms 300 mins to virgin mobile and unlimited internet with 1gig cap.
I called virgin customer service, they told me they do not support my blackberry model hence they are unable to help with internet setting, and they can only help on virgin blackberry contract.
I followed the instruction on this blog here; I used the software to reset the blackberry to "factory setting" downloaded the blackberry desktop software, installed opera browser, ebuddy, google maps and email apps for mobile.
I use opera to browse the net, log on to facebook. I use ebuddy to log onto my yahoo messenger and chat.
Google email apps to download my emails to blackberry and google maps for the GPS on the blackberry.
It’s very good and I hardly notice that I do not have blackberry add on lol.
Any help just ask and I will help.
lilbow is offline   Reply With Quote