Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lost 5G wireless connection

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

Lost 5G wireless connection

Old 13-11-2016, 16:30   #1
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Lost 5G wireless connection

Hi all

As above I've lost the 5G option on my laptop, 2G still works. Windows 7, Killer network card, superhub 2. 5G is still seen by other devices.
The router admin page reports 2.4G is on channel 11, whereas the 5G is on "auto compatability" operating channel 40 + 36. Is this normal ?
I've rebooted the pc with no joy, as of yet not rebooted the router as world war 3 would break out if i did that during the kids gaming time.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

In the end a router reboot fixed it, for now at least.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2016, 19:03   #2
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Lost 5G wireless connection

Problem resurfaced, it's odd in that I can see other peoples 5g connections on my laptop, I can also see my own 5g connection on other devices, just can't see my own5g on my laptop.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote