Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 16-06-2008, 20:37   #9091
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

After this week it is likely I will be quiet for a week or two as I have to study for my taxi drivers exams and when I am not I will be working on the site/protest event so please don't think I have dropped everything but I have a family which means I have bills to pay and our mortgage already bounced this month so I have no choice than to take the job driving a cab until I finish my Masters.

Once my exam is out of the way I will be working 70 hours a week in the cab and the rest of my time will be finalising the protest event, so I am sure you can appreciate I might not be as available as I have been.

I hope everyone keeps going as they have and that as many of you as possible turn up to the protest.

Alexander Hanff
Advertisement
Old 16-06-2008, 20:42   #9092
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

British Bulls reference on iii. Hosted in the USA. Registered in Turkey via Godaddy. So not very British seemingly.

Registrant:
Ali Ulvi Hicbikmaz
Baglarbasi, Icadiye Mah.
Temasa Sok. 9/7 Uskudar
Istanbul 81200
Turkey
Old 16-06-2008, 20:42   #9093
Bonglet
cf.addict

Bonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about them

I hope it is opt out as there still breaking the law and will be nice to see heads roll .
Old 16-06-2008, 20:48   #9094
mark777
Inactive

Services: 0.4 Mbps BB + Phone
mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephormation View Post
British Bulls reference on iii. Hosted in the USA. Registered in Turkey via Godaddy. So not very British seemingly.

Registrant:
Ali Ulvi Hicbikmaz
Baglarbasi, Icadiye Mah.
Temasa Sok. 9/7 Uskudar
Istanbul 81200
Turkey
And there was a Turkish frigate called the Ertugrul. It sank. Steadyasshegoes.
Old 16-06-2008, 20:51   #9095
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
After this week it is likely I will be quiet for a week or two as I have to study for my taxi drivers exams and when I am not I will be working on the site/protest event so please don't think I have dropped everything but I have a family which means I have bills to pay and our mortgage already bounced this month so I have no choice than to take the job driving a cab until I finish my Masters.

Once my exam is out of the way I will be working 70 hours a week in the cab and the rest of my time will be finalising the protest event, so I am sure you can appreciate I might not be as available as I have been.

I hope everyone keeps going as they have and that as many of you as possible turn up to the protest.

Alexander Hanff
Good luck Alexander. Thank you for driving us this far and please come back when you can. I can't see someone of your passion and limitless enthusiasm leaving this one alone for too long .
Old 16-06-2008, 20:53   #9096
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:

Alexander Hanff
best of luck alex, over the years i have had to do various to pay the bills, pack and sort fruit for that man from delmonte that says "yes", drive, mend pallets etc so know exactly what its like

peter
Old 16-06-2008, 20:54   #9097
oblonsky
Inactive

oblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
just seen posted over on iii 19:28
4. Kent expects the vocal minority to continue to become less and less vocal, and even more so once full service is launched.
As a demonstration of support, can anyone who has been with this since the start but been quiet recently respond to this thread with these simple words:

I'M STILL HERE

O.
Old 16-06-2008, 20:55   #9098
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

I will still be here, I just won't be able to read every single thing that comes up. If people need to contact me about something specific they can still send me a PM or contact me via NoDPI but I might miss questions posted in this and other threads.

Alexander Hanff
Old 16-06-2008, 20:56   #9099
davidb24v
Inactive

Services: TV (M), Phone (M), Broadband (XXL)
davidb24v is on a distinguished roaddavidb24v is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark777 View Post
And there was a Turkish frigate called the Ertugrul. It sank. Steadyasshegoes.
Indeed there was: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ertogrul

Personally I believe everything I read on Wikipedia, unless it's been edited by Phorm, obviously

Dave
Old 16-06-2008, 21:01   #9100
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
I will still be here, I just won't be able to read every single thing that comes up. If people need to contact me about something specific they can still send me a PM or contact me via NoDPI but I might miss questions posted in this and other threads.

Alexander Hanff
I'm surprised Simon hasn't offered you a job .
Old 16-06-2008, 21:02   #9101
bluecar1
Inactive

bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblonsky View Post
As a demonstration of support, can anyone who has been with this since the start but been quiet recently respond to this thread with these simple words:

I'M STILL HERE

O.
it may be an idea for more of us to register on iii and other investment forums , iii has a 48 hour period between registering and be able to post so my advice is register now then you can post later if required

let them see just how many of us there is lurking in the wings

peter
Old 16-06-2008, 21:05   #9102
wecpc
Inactive

wecpc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
I'm surprised Simon hasn't offered you a job .
I was thinking the very same thing.

Colin
Old 16-06-2008, 21:06   #9103
oblonsky
Inactive

oblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
it may be an idea for more of us to register on iii and other investment forums , iii has a 48 hour period between registering and be able to post so my advice is register now then you can post later if required

let them see just how many of us there is lurking in the wings

peter
This was a topic of discussion on Badphorm prior to Jim quite rightly stearing the discussion towards things we can control. I can't see what hacking off small-time investors will achieve. Really the only people who pay any attention to these forums are the small investor. Why not write to the larger investors listed in the register of shareholders for the company?
Old 16-06-2008, 21:14   #9104
Hank

Quote:
Apparently, Kent's sister works at either the Times or the Financial Times (my source couldn't remember which one) - I suspect it is the Times as the Financial Times gave a damning review of Phorm in their Investors Chronicle magazine. My source believes this may be the reason for the Phorm publicity stunt in the Times this weekend.
Alexander Hanff
Well what a shocking surprise (perhaps not!).

On a press note, I mailed Charles Arthur at the Guardian today to point out the issue with the last piece where they said "second trial" by BT instead of third. He says they had a correction for that pending which I think should be live by now.

I also pointed out the Baroness' comments - he was not aware but I have supplied him with links to the records of the debate on line. I think he'll be watching them a bit more closely.

I still find it very distasteful that Phorm are now able to publish on their website: "Phorm praised in the House of Lords". Praised, not. Misguidedly mis-represented, yes - and only because the Baroness was unfortunate enough to meet the alleged brother of the Times journalist ("Alleged," I said, "only alleged!")

Hank

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
Googling for "Ertugrul" to find out about connections with the Times.

Nothing found yet but have found an interesting article from the NY Times in 1999. Apologies if this has already been posted amongst the 605 pages already.

Lifetimes of Memories Preserved on CD-ROM's by Kent
Well I did not know of that activity he was involved in but this man does sometimes appear to have just a little too much of an interest in what people do, have done, are doing and he seems to want to know more private information about them than would perhaps normally be considered 'healthy' - don't you think?

Hank

Old 16-06-2008, 21:16   #9105
bluecar1
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblonsky View Post
This was a topic of discussion on Badphorm prior to Jim quite rightly stearing the discussion towards things we can control. I can't see what hacking off small-time investors will achieve. Really the only people who pay any attention to these forums are the small investor. Why not write to the larger investors listed in the register of shareholders for the company?

fair comment but if you look at the size of most of the trades it seems to be the little guy who is keeping most of this together at the moment, if you look at my posts over there i have not been ranting or hacking off but trying to present a reasoned discussion which some have engaged in, question the business model, point out the legal issues etc
Closed Thread