Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 11:40   #2506
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
We can only wait and see what happens rather than jumping to conclusions without evidence. An accusation is not proof of guilt.

I fully agree. we need the evidence, and they need to postpone the vote until this is settled.

I did watch this yesterday, which is an interview with the Judge, followed by a panel discussion, which should be watched. My concerns lined up with 3 panellists. They are concerns, definitely, not evidence.

I personally felt very uneasy with the way the Judge answered the questions in the interview; he seemed a little wooly with his answers, but it is 40 years ago. But pip08456 is bang on in how it should be handled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcsudlrWUPs
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2017, 12:18   #2507
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I fully agree. we need the evidence, and they need to postpone the vote until this is settled.

I did watch this yesterday, which is an interview with the Judge, followed by a panel discussion, which should be watched. My concerns lined up with 3 panellists. They are concerns, definitely, not evidence.

I personally felt very uneasy with the way the Judge answered the questions in the interview; he seemed a little wooly with his answers, but it is 40 years ago. But pip08456 is bang on in how it should be handled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcsudlrWUPs
It's not going to be resolved. This is it unless other stuff emerges.

People either believe the women or they believe him. No point postponing the vote.
Old 12-11-2017, 13:54   #2508
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
No but then these allegations are rarely if ever 100% proven. That they have multiple testimony from different women is generally how we handle it. Same with Kevin Spacey and the rest that are coming out now.
The issue with Spacey, while being utterly repugnant, he did somewhat admit to sexual advances with an underage male actor but then used this bombshell news, to ‘coming out’ that he was living as a gay man.

I don’t see how it’s the same, when this Moore, Republican guy is flat out denying the stories in the Washington Post, hardly a neutral source, I read also that one of the women accusers has campaign links to Hillary Clinton, everything she touches, or is involved with gets tainted or corrupted.

The most basic questions of common sense have to be asked about all this. How did the Washington Post reporter know there were four women?

How did they know how to contact them?

How is it that the reporter's anonymous source, who they just happen to bump into, knew about the four women, who all don’t know each other and have never met and knew each woman's story and contact information?

And the most crucial question.... Why hasn’t any of this been reported in Moore’s 38 years in politics? And why now? – A month before an important election to fill Jeff Sessions’ senate seat?

All a little too convenient.
Old 12-11-2017, 14:15   #2509
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I presume it’s coming out now precisely because he is now more prominent and because a lot of sexual assault allegations are coming out since Weinstein. I assume the Washington Post sourced the story in the same way The New York Times broke the Weinstein story, talking to the right people.

As I said this is where it’s at and people can decide themselves if they’re credible. The woman who was 14 is a Republican and Trump voter just in case people try to discredit her. They’ve also chosen to be named so there is little point trying to say The Post made it up. They have named sources.

The question people need to ask themselves is if this were a Democrat would they believe it? No need for them to answer to anyone else about how they judge it but just a way to check if they’re being intellectually honest to themselves or if everything has become so partisan that it’s affected their perception.
Old 12-11-2017, 17:50   #2510
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Mmm. it is interesting that to much of Trump's following all Democrats are guilty of any accusation and all Republicans must be innocent. E.g. Crooked Hillary denies any wrong doing (and hasn't been prosecuted) but she must be Guilty as Trumpy says so. (aided by his Russian social media friends).
Old 13-11-2017, 20:00   #2511
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ons/858580001/

The Republican Senate Majority Leader, Mitch McConnell, has stated he believes the women.
Quote:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Monday he believes the women who have alleged that Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore pursued romantic relationships with them when they were teenagers.

“I believe the women, yes,’’ he said.

McConnell, speaking to reporters at a plant in Kentucky, also urged the Alabama Republican to step aside from the Senate race, which voters will decide next month.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 14-11-2017, 23:10   #2512
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

There is a story going around the Trump sphere that one of he accusers was paid $1,000 for the story. It's (literally) fake news: https://www.thedailybeast.com/troll-...seals-identity

The Twitter user in question has since deleted 'his' account.
Old 15-11-2017, 00:02   #2513
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
There is a story going around the Trump sphere that one of he accusers was paid $1,000 for the story. It's (literally) fake news: https://www.thedailybeast.com/troll-...seals-identity

The Twitter user in question has since deleted 'his' account.
Despite what your colleagues may feel, Trump and fake news are two peas in the same pod. As we saw with his take on the birther situation.
Old 15-11-2017, 11:04   #2514
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Despite what your colleagues may feel, Trump and fake news are two peas in the same pod. As we saw with his take on the birther situation.
That Clinton supporters had no problem carrying on the birther row when it was Obama vs Hillary in 2008.
Old 15-11-2017, 11:23   #2515
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
That Clinton supporters had no problem carrying on the birther row when it was Obama vs Hillary in 2008.
False comparison between supporters who had no ties to the candidate or her staff, and Trump who offered $5 million dollars if anyone could prove it.

Quote:
There is no evidence that Clinton or her 2008 campaign ever floated the theory. While Clinton supporters circulated the allegations the last time she ran for president, they had no ties to either the candidate or her staff.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...lary-clinton-/

Quote:
Our ruling

Trump said, "Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy."

There is no evidence to support this. Clinton supporters circulated the rumor in the last days of the 2008 Democratic primary and after Clinton had conceded to Obama. But the record does not show Clinton or her campaign ever promoting the birther theory, let alone starting it.

We rate Trump’s claim False.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 15-11-2017, 11:36   #2516
Mick
Cable Forum Team

I never said her campaign, I said supporters. I also never dismissed Trump started the row. So not sure why you went on another of your fact finding missions, it does not refute what I’m saying about her supporters.
Old 15-11-2017, 19:12   #2517
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I never said her campaign, I said supporters. I also never dismissed Trump started the row. So not sure why you went on another of your fact finding missions, it does not refute what I’m saying about her supporters.
Isn't it annoying how those inconvenient facts spoil 'fake news'

Last edited by Mr K; 15-11-2017 at 19:18.
Old 15-11-2017, 20:34   #2518
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Trump is rumoured to be making a statement about Moore today. The suggestion is it will be to tell him to stand down.
Old 15-11-2017, 21:20   #2519
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Isn't it annoying how those inconvenient facts spoil 'fake news'
Mick's "facts" have been known to reveal "fake news".
Old 15-11-2017, 21:40   #2520
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

So far his press conference is about how everyone (Asia, NATO) love him. I assume he didn't just call the press conference for that....
Closed Thread