Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freesat - No signal - Help please

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Freesat - No signal - Help please

Old 11-09-2012, 12:07   #1
MARMARIS
Inactive

MARMARIS is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Freesat - No signal - Help please

Hi

i bought Sky Quad LNB and adapter for older dishes ,
also bought 10m White Twin Satellite Shotgun Cable Sky Plus (but only using one cable)
Konig Satellite Finder Signal Meter With Patch Lead

and i already have a sky dish (about 8 years old, left by previous owner of the house)

so i did the cable connections such as satellite cable from bush freesat reciver to LNB etc and i have tried to use the konig satfinder as well but my screen still shows no signal check cables or press the blue button...when i press the blue button it says enter your postcode but when i enter my postcode then it says postcode is not recognised !

Can someone please help me, why can't i get even %1 signal ?

thanks
MARMARIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2012, 13:25   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Freesat - No signal - Help please

So the sat finder insists you have a good signal from a well pointed dish?

If so I would normally then call into question the quality of your cabling work, but the Bush receiver not recognising your postcode is a worry. Have you tried any other postcodes to test the function? Don't enter letters and numbers at random, choose one you know exists.

The postcode list is built in to the box and should work even without any signal. If you establish that it is not working, that would be grounds for taking the box back for an exchange or refund.

It would also be worth getting your hands on another sat box, any will do, sky or Freesat, and testing your cables with it just to rule that out entirely. Can you ask a friendly neighbour?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 13:40   #3
MARMARIS
Inactive

MARMARIS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
thanks for your message

well when i tilt the satellite the konig satfinder insists that i have a good signal (beeping loud and showing 10) but the screen still says bush freesat, no signal...

i was wondering if i am using the wrong cable (i bought the 10m White Twin Satellite Shotgun Cable Sky Plus ) here is :http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o02_s00_i00

or is it to do with my old sky dish but my LNB is brand new...

i have been trying to get just a little bit signal for about 2 days now...absolute nightmare
MARMARIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:00   #4
iateallthepies
Permanently Banned

iateallthepies is a jewel in the roughiateallthepies is a jewel in the roughiateallthepies is a jewel in the roughiateallthepies is a jewel in the roughiateallthepies is a jewel in the rough

Is it pointed at the right satelite? The wind could of knocked it.

What I would do (I have a freesat Samsung) is come out of "Freesat" Mode and into std satelite mode, do a scan and see what it pulls up, then look on lynngsat and what frequencies/channels your picking up match it with one of the satelites on there.

To come out of freesat mode look in settings.
iateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote