Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New TV Apps from December 7th

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

New TV Apps from December 7th

Old 01-12-2017, 12:06   #1
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
New TV Apps from December 7th

From December 7th the Virgin TV Anywhere app will be replaced by Virgin TV Go and Virgin TV Control

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/s...9359&seg=email
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2017, 12:41   #2
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: New TV Apps from December 7th

Nice one, thank you, Gavin. I might actually use this!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 14:15   #3
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Good news VM have finally got streaming sorted over 3/4G

I wonder if there will still be a two device limit and if we have to re-register devices when the app is released.

Edit: Just had an e-mail confirming two devices, can only assume it's the same as before.

Last edited by Joedm45; 01-12-2017 at 14:25.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 16:21   #4
JayAy
Inactive

JayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enough

I wonder if the browser support (or rather lack of browser support) and reliance on Flash has changed?
JayAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 17:52   #5
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAy View Post
I wonder if the browser support (or rather lack of browser support) and reliance on Flash has changed?
Quote:
Virgin TV Go is compatible with iOS 9 and above, Android 4.0 and above and these web browsers on Windows (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11) and on Mac OS (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari). Virgin TV Control is compatible with iOS 9 and above, Android 4.1 and above and Fire OS 3.2.8 or later.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 19:38   #6
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Good to see virgin catching up with the times (sky has offered its version over 3G for years) previous incarnation was next to useless.

All we need now is to expand the range of the download your recordings facility, currently far to limited in my opinion
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 21:00   #7
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Good to see virgin catching up with the times (sky has offered its version over 3G for years) previous incarnation was next to useless.

All we need now is to expand the range of the download your recordings facility, currently far to limited in my opinion
The limits are from copyright issues and agreements. Any newer agreements are more likely to include downloading of recordings.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 21:08   #8
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

I had 20Gb data and then got a renewal and told them i wanted the same data....what they didnt tell me is they were also offering 10GB free data. So basically i have 30GB data so i can finally just stream on 4G VM tv at last. I may just watch random sports on my mobile.

Questions tho

1) I assume one is the tv anywhere app and the other is a sort of remote control? Why couldnt they just shove them all together?
2) will we all be reset in terms of devices. So for example mum has it on her ipad and i have it on my iphone will i need to log both devices again or would i just be able to do one and then have to wait another month?
3) other than 3G/4G anything else blockbuster coming with these apps
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 21:18   #9
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Looked at the Email.
TV Go
Quote:
Stream live TV and Box Sets On Demand (if they’re part of your subscription) on up to 2 compatible devices, wherever there’s 3G, 4G or WiFi in the UK
TV Control
Quote:
Use it on as many devices as you like, wherever there’s
3G, 4G or WiFi
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 21:19   #10
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

So VM are copying SKYGO then pot kettle.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 22:49   #11
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The limits are from copyright issues and agreements. Any newer agreements are more likely to include downloading of recordings.
Cannot come too soon for me. Only what I was led to believe I could do when I ditched sky for virgin in Feb
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:02   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Good news VM have finally got streaming sorted over 3/4G

I wonder if there will still be a two device limit and if we have to re-register devices when the app is released.

Edit: Just had an e-mail confirming two devices, can only assume it's the same as before.
Surprised it took that long TBH, when I originally beta tested the app way back it had 3/4G streaming. But was then removed for public launch.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:20   #13
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

The new TV go app is very nice and works really well. After the fiasco of the my virgin app, this is a very welcome surprise
lonespeaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 13:27   #14
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

I wish companies would stop splitting apps up. From my understanding we will now need 4 apps for full features, this includes access to Sky sports and movies.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 16:03   #15
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
I wish companies would stop splitting apps up. From my understanding we will now need 4 apps for full features, this includes access to Sky sports and movies.
Can you explain why it is so difficult for you?
How does splitting the app disadvantage you?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote