Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Walking Dead

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

The Walking Dead

Old 14-12-2017, 12:02   #1
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
The Walking Dead

Just watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead and I'm really disappointed that the entire episode was in darkness,making it extremely difficult to follow what's happening. Does anyone else find this very annoying?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-12-2017, 14:22   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Walking Dead

I dont watch the walking dead, so I could not find it annoying specifically in that show.

However, I do find it irritating in other shows.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 17:36   #3
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I dont watch the walking dead, so I could not find it annoying specifically in that show.

However, I do find it irritating in other shows.
Glad it's not just me then.
Old 14-12-2017, 21:00   #4
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Avoid another Netflix show then, a German show called Dark. As well as the story being dark (about child murder and kidnapping) the show is permanently shot in dimly lit scenes, but if you want a adult drama with a heavy dollop of time travel, this is a good 'urn.
Old 15-12-2017, 13:14   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Just watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead and I'm really disappointed that the entire episode was in darkness,making it extremely difficult to follow what's happening. Does anyone else find this very annoying?
which episode?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 13:24   #6
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
which episode?
I assume he means episode 8, the half way point of the series.
I can see what he means, however a lot of it was set at night time so darkness is hardly surprising. Didn't particularly ruin it for me.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 13:35   #7
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
which episode?
The one broadcast Monday last.

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I assume he means episode 8, the half way point of the series.
I can see what he means, however a lot of it was set at night time so darkness is hardly surprising. Didn't particularly ruin it for me.
I know it all took place at night but once upon a time program makers used more light and left the viewer to understand it's dark.
Old 15-12-2017, 18:47   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I know this is going to sound really stupid and dumb but I didn't even notice it. I had to play the episode again to see what you was going on about because I completely forgot it was set at night time. I know series have dark episodes/night time episodes and it does my nut it when you can hardly see what is going on but although this ep is set at night time I don't think it is too dark. I didn't even think about it at the time and if there was something that was obscured because of the lack of light or I couldn't see what was going on I would have noticed and moaned (to myself) straight away.
Old 15-12-2017, 22:18   #9
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
The one broadcast Monday last.

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

I know it all took place at night but once upon a time program makers used more light and left the viewer to understand it's dark.
To be honest I find the frequent mumbling indistinct dialogue more annoying, perhaps i'm going a bit deaf . I do take your point though, they could have used better lighting for some of the scenes. They probably think it's "arty" and atmospheric to watch it through a haze.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 08:11   #10
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
To be honest I find the frequent mumbling indistinct dialogue more annoying, perhaps i'm going a bit deaf . I do take your point though, they could have used better lighting for some of the scenes. They probably think it's "arty" and atmospheric to watch it through a haze.
Or just lazy? The actors don't need to do much acting! In fact in many scenes they could of substituted the whole cast and I wouldn't of noticed! Maybe that's what they did gave the cast the Christmas off!
Old 19-12-2017, 23:17   #11
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Just got into watching this seen as wife bought be upto season 5 2 years ago lol. I'm about 3/4 way through season 3.

I'm surprised with this show how easy they kill characters off

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

Quote:
I've noticed that keep having to turn the tv up just to hear what they are saying. either that or I'm on the deff side of turning 40 next year
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2017, 23:55   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
I'm surprised with this show how easy they kill characters off
You obviously dont watch Game of Thrones
Old 20-12-2017, 20:13   #13
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
You obviously dont watch Game of Thrones
Nope never seen it. Not into shows where majority of them are getting naked just to sell a series.
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 21:09   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
I'm surprised with this show how easy they kill characters
Old 20-12-2017, 22:33   #15
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Nope never seen it. Not into shows where majority of them are getting naked just to sell a series.
Yes, clearly you havent watched it - if thats your belief about its content.

The majority most certainly dont get naked, in fact its really not that much a part of it at all, and certainly not why people watch it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote