Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin programmes to Tablet

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin programmes to Tablet

Old 31-12-2017, 15:31   #1
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star
Virgin programmes to Tablet

I was reading about watching programmes from my Virgin Media on a Tablet. Does it work on a Amazon fire 10.1 or is it only certain tablets. I still have to buy the Tablet waiting for the sales. Any advice Please..
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2018, 15:25   #2
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: Virgin programmes to Tablet

From what I believe, but am probably wrong, as long as you can install the app on your tablet you can watch it. Only thing is, it has to be on the same network if using WiFi. Tried watching something from my TiVo at my mum's but it said I had to be on same network as the TiVo. Haven't tried using 4G on my mobile yet though with it.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 15:29   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Moved out of Articles forum.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 17:09   #4
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon View Post
From what I believe, but am probably wrong, as long as you can install the app on your tablet you can watch it. Only thing is, it has to be on the same network if using WiFi. Tried watching something from my TiVo at my mum's but it said I had to be on same network as the TiVo. Haven't tried using 4G on my mobile yet though with it.
Thanks for the help,
Old 01-01-2018, 17:56   #5
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Thanks for the help,

From my experience, the content that you can download is extremely limited.

Many channels are not transferable, the option to download is not there on these channels - very frustrating.

As I understand it, the downloads can be viewed anywhere with either a broadband or 3G/4g connection since the new version of the app - however I may have misunderstood this
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 18:09   #6
nashville
nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
From my experience, the content that you can download is extremely limited.

Many channels are not transferable, the option to download is not there on these channels - very frustrating.

As I understand it, the downloads can be viewed anywhere with either a broadband or 3G/4g connection since the new version of the app - however I may have misunderstood this
Thanks
Old 01-01-2018, 19:10   #7
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

The point of downloading is so you don’t need any internet connection.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 20:49   #8
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
The point of downloading is so you don’t need any internet connection.
I thought the point was that you could watch your recordings when away from home, irrespective of availability of Internet connection.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:48   #9
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

does the new streaming app definitely work with kindle fires, is anyone able to confirm that ?
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:25   #10
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

My understanding was that the new functionality is only applicable to customers with V6 boxes & not the bog standard TiVO.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:36   #11
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
My understanding was that the new functionality is only applicable to customers with V6 boxes & not the bog standard TiVO.
That was the impression i had as well

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote