Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is Apple company evil? If yes how?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Is Apple company evil? If yes how?

Old 09-01-2018, 15:35   #16
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Is Apple company evil? If yes how?

They used to use USB 2/3 ports on older devices but all new Macbooks have a USB-C as its smaller and easier to use due to the thin form factor. however I am sticking with my 2012 Macbook Pro as it has USB ports and an SD Card reader and Ethernet. I don't want to buy add ons just to use all my devices.
Old 09-01-2018, 15:46   #17
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
They used to use USB 2/3 ports on older devices but all new Macbooks have a USB-C as its smaller and easier to use due to the thin form factor. however I am sticking with my 2012 Macbook Pro as it has USB ports and an SD Card reader and Ethernet. I don't want to buy add ons just to use all my devices.
I am predominantly a windows user due to the only game i play (Elite Dangerous) being windows only, however that might change as a lot of clever linux users are looking at using wine and Winetricks to make it work on Linux. if i had the choice i would be using Linux instead. I have a 15 inch 2011 mac book pro which i keep for exactly the same reason as you.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 16:01   #18
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I also have a bootcamp partition setup with Windows 10 on it so I can play most of my Steam games that aren't supported on Mac.

Best of both worlds.
Old 09-01-2018, 16:13   #19
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Just out of interest, whats a good Linux Desktop OS these days ?
Its a few years since I last looked, I think something called KDE was popular then.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 17:56   #20
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Its a few years since I last looked, I think something called KDE was popular then.
I use Mint on my other pc

https://linuxmint.com/

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Quote:
I also have a bootcamp partition setup with Windows 10 on it so I can play most of my Steam games that aren't supported on Mac.

Best of both worlds.
I am thinking of going the hackintos route to be honest.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 20:11   #21
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Linux Gnome seem's good to me reminds me of MAC

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

i think people are biased saying Apple is Evil.
they say Apple is over-priced...but Google Pixel is also over-priced but no one wants to mention that.
iPhone for example has 5 years of updates cycle, local Apple Store, excellent re-sale value.

on the other hand Google Pixel has 2 or 3 year update cycle, no Google store, poor re-sale value. why most Tech review's ignore this? but bash and swear at Apple?

Unbox Therapy guy from YouTube channel saying don't buy iPhone X.
the same guy bend the iPhone 6 but never bend the Google Nexus 6P..why Lewis?
even Moto G5 does the same thing as flagship phone facebook, snapchat, so why don't you recommend this Lewis ?

Apple factory people committing suicide, don't you think other OEM build the phone in China? and paying poor wages.

Google was laughing at Apple for removing the Headphone JAck...guess what Google this year you did it too? who's laughing now Google?

Apple is Evil for removing floppy disk drive, removing DVD drive's guess what? they all copy after making fun out of Apple.

P.S. people who been following Tech news, Android forum's, MAC, iPhone forum's, will know what am talking about.

Last edited by truthspeaker; 09-01-2018 at 20:14.
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 00:06   #22
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthspeaker View Post
I would want something thats as similar to windows 7 as possible, not a mac.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 00:36   #23
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthspeaker View Post

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

i think people are biased saying Apple is Evil.
they say Apple is over-priced...but Google Pixel is also over-priced but no one wants to mention that.
iPhone for example has 5 years of updates cycle, local Apple Store, excellent re-sale value.

on the other hand Google Pixel has 2 or 3 year update cycle, no Google store, poor re-sale value. why most Tech review's ignore this? but bash and swear at Apple?

Unbox Therapy guy from YouTube channel saying don't buy iPhone X.
the same guy bend the iPhone 6 but never bend the Google Nexus 6P..why Lewis?
even Moto G5 does the same thing as flagship phone facebook, snapchat, so why don't you recommend this Lewis ?

Apple factory people committing suicide, don't you think other OEM build the phone in China? and paying poor wages.

Google was laughing at Apple for removing the Headphone JAck...guess what Google this year you did it too? who's laughing now Google?

Apple is Evil for removing floppy disk drive, removing DVD drive's guess what? they all copy after making fun out of Apple.

P.S. people who been following Tech news, Android forum's, MAC, iPhone forum's, will know what am talking about.
I don't see the Pixel as over priced. The iPhone X is however.

Google sets a 2-3 year cycle as that's how long most people keep a handset.

Where as Apple recently admitted to slowing down older phones in updates.....so take your pick good and bad for both.

As annoying as looking drives and ports are when you make thin devices something has to go. Dare I say it though floppy drives and DVD drives are no longer required due to size of USB drives and online streaming.

Apple haven't been great since Steve Jobs died. They are now doing all the thing he said they never would.
Old 10-01-2018, 16:57   #24
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Evil? course not although some may suggest that trying to persuade the unsuspecting to upgrade to the debacle that is High Sierra is bordering on an act of evil

Apple are increasingly showing signs that they're a rudderless ship heading for the rocks though. Captain Tim needs to lay off the grog.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 17:11   #25
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
As annoying as looking drives and ports are when you make thin devices something has to go. Dare I say it though floppy drives and DVD drives are no longer required due to size of USB drives and online streaming.
I think the problem is most of the mobile manufacturers are going for thin devices. This means they have to compromise on things like sockets, and battery design (which arguably contributed to the Galaxy Note fires). It also means losing things like memory expansion (although the i devices have never had that).

Even with Laptops, a few years back, it was relatively easy to buy a laptop with a large HDD. Even as far back as 2010, I was able to buy a 500 gig HDD for my MacBook. Then Apple decided to remove the HDD to slim the laptop down, and other manufacturers followed suit. So, we ended up with SSDs with a lot less storage.

This caused endless problems at work, where we do support dual booting Macs. Unfortunately, for our users, dual booting on a device with less than 256 Gig storage is not really practical

I'd like a choice. If I want a thin device, I'll buy it and put up with the problems, but I would like the choice to buy a slightly larger device with the option of extra ports, more battery or more storage.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote